Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey @Sam1 , did you get early access to a refresh model 3 performance and post dragy results? Members in this thread have been looking for information and found a user with this same user name on dragy (sam1), in the same location stated as you (NV), so we are wondering if its yours and what the rest of the stats are.

I'm sure whoever that is would not be at liberty to discuss those things, and/or if the car was gutted & a dragy was accidentally running :)

Tesla always lists the performance versions with rollout subtracted (but doesn't for non-P versions- in order to make the P versions look better than they real are in comparison)- no surprise they're continuing that here.

The real surprise is the pricing, without them cutting LR AWD price.... what purpose does the LR AWD serve at this point? Bit more range I suppose (but I bet you'd get some of that back swapping to 18s and lower resistance tires on the P)

They did just drop the lease payment on the model 3 LR last night by 10%. Maybe a $3-$4k price drop on the LR in imminent. The gap between SR and LR seems too big as it is IMO

Stepped hub lip still?!?!
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 10.12.43 AM.png

Also, curious what about the "Ludacris" options/features?

-Danny

Reactions: Adam3
Because there is still significant price difference outside US?

Not sure how that answers the question? Since Tesla sets difference prices in different countries there's no reason there couldn't have been a significant price difference INSIDE the US too.

Tesla instead chose to price it low enough to also get another $7500 off via the tax credit (not available on LR AWD)

Thus making the pricing on the LR AWD largely nonsensical.

They've got to either cut its price at least 4-5k or remove it from the menu at this point....

Majority of the Model 3s they sell.

Apologies if that wasn't clear.

The math simply does not work if you have to cut 80% of your sales by 5k in order to get 5k more from 20% of your sales of the various 3 configs.

For their least expensive model? Most I'd imagine, especially now that you no longer need any specific amount of tax liability

That seems a terrible option though. "We have this super exciting new car you can't actually obtain.... or you can take this much less performant version for the same price now!"

That's thousands below the traditional gap in LR to P pricing-- and unlikely to be enough to move buyers off the P, which again they won't be able to make near enough of.

Except with the Y you CAN ignore the credit because both qualify. If only one does (like with the 3) you can't.

Yup. Not much else besides >55k makes sense when you actually run the math.

Well, looks like the math worked for them. It qualifies for the tax credit and comes in cheaper than the LR.

Reactions: MarkoP