Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watch this video. This explains everything. There are a lot of things that are way better than the stats indicate.
It says "Model 3 Performance's output is 510 hp and 547 lb-ft, and it comes with additional rear bias thanks to the more powerful 4th-generation rear motor. The last car would put 60 to 70% power to the rear, the new one is capable of sending 70 to 85% power to the rear at most times.The inverter can now handle 950 amps, up from the previous 830A, and the battery is now the limiting factor in output".

Jason Cammissa mentioned in his podcast that he got 2.90 to 60 with a passenger.

He also mentioned it delivers more torque for longer (ie at higher speeds) which is arguably more important.

I really want to emphasize that this Jason Camissa video really got all of the details that some other videos have overlooked.

Watch this video. This explains everything. There are a lot of things that are way better than the stats indicate.

Can't watch videos yet but any mention as to what the Ludacris badge is supposed to signify?

If there is no mention of it, I think there is still a good possibility of a speed boost option down the road. I still think the car's value is much higher than the $53k they priced it at and will try to unlock more out of it with a speed boost feature for another $2-3K.

I'm struggling to believe that the UK/EU variants are going to achieve 2.9s 0-60mph. Same goes for the claim that it's the "most powerful Model 3 ever". The US variants will be faster than before with the Panasonic battery and 4D2 motor.
You don’t hit max HP until 40+ mph in this EV. Max HP is irrelevant until 40+ mph in a single speed EV. This is different from an ICE vehicle that hits max HP at a much lower speed and then maintains close to max HP as you shift the gears.

Can't watch videos yet but any mention as to what the Ludacris badge is supposed to signify?

If there is no mention of it, I think there is still a good possibility of a speed boost option down the road. I still think the car's value is much higher than the $53k they priced it at and will try to unlock more out of it with a speed boost feature for another $2-3K.
Jason Camissa talks about the badge in his video.

I really want to emphasize that this Jason Camissa video really got all of the details that some other videos have overlooked.

I like that they compare it to ICE competitors with logic and reason. For me it gets even better towards the end when they talk about the new Rivian R3X, which is what I personally plan to replace my 2018 Model 3P with in a few years. It's long been my favorite enthusiast podcast simply due to both host's deeply impressive knowledge, plus their decades of experience and ability to review something purely objectively for what it is and giving credit where it's due.

Last edited:
It's a massive pickup truck. It shouldn't be faster than their fastest model 3 regardless of price or motor configuration. It's a Truck!

It's a $120k Truck, it should and glad it does. The $100k version however does not.

I think Tesla did a great job with this one as a refresh. But new model? Not so much. I don't have an M3P so upgrading makes sense, except no stalks.

@eivissa Does this line up with what you've calculated already?
No, it is complete marketing BS!

I've made a statement about this in German here:

And a lenghty discussion here:

• Informative
Reactions: milesr3 and Lolo780
So, 2 tenths quicker to 60, still falls on its face after that, and Ludicrous mode likely just warms the battery to even get that number. I guess the race is on to get one into the 10's after switching wheels/tires and ripping out the interior. No thanks. Keep in mind, the old Performance made 520 at the wheels.

Surprised to see it in the low 50s. Tesla will need to adjust the prices as it makes little to no sense to buy the LR with the incentive.

I'm seeing a delta of $2,250 and ~$16 a month between the two.

And yup advertised as 2.9 secs as expected. Really curious about the 1/4 now.