Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I meant EV SUV's and Trucks have the option for a sub-3 0-60. Rivian, Tesla, Hummer, Hyundai...
Which makes it embarrassing if a performance sedan's max config is slower.
Do you mean with rollout subtracted? Only Tesla has an SUV/Truck option under 3.0 for 0-60 mph without rollout subtracted right now. None of the other companies are anywhere close without rollout subtracted.

EV6 GT and i4 m50 are well under $60k with discounts.

But the point is that when the M3P was released in 2018 there was nothing even close to it. Now you have huge 7000lbs trucks and hyundais and kias pretty much neck and neck. BMW M3s and Audi RS3, Corvettes are cheaper ICE cars that can do 0-60 in 3 seconds or less too (and much faster above 60)
Can you show me an example of a new I4 M50 that is "well under $60K" to purchase. I am not saying it can't be done. I am would just like to see an example of it.

Can you show me an example of a new I4 M50 that is "well under $60K" to purchase. I am not saying it can't be done. I am would just like to see an example of it.
Sure! Just so it’s clear, I actually don’t even like the i4 m50. But they are being discounted heavily.

Here’s an example. 13% off $70k msrp+ $7500 incentive through bmw (because it doesn’t qualify for federal rebate). Which bring it into mid 50s. So you can even load it up with Highway assist and premium package and still keep it under 60k

Sure! Just so it’s clear, I actually don’t even like the i4 m50. But they are being discounted heavily.

Here’s an example. 13% off $70k msrp+ $7500 incentive through bmw (because it doesn’t qualify for federal rebate). Which bring it into mid 50s. So you can even load it up with Highway assist and premium package and still keep it under 60k
I said “well under $60k to purchase”. Virtually every EV qualifies for the full $7,500 tax credit with a lease. You even get the full tax credit with a Model S Plaid now but only if you lease it.

I added FSD to a Model 3 LR to get the price up to $60k and then checked the lease price for it. It comes out to $771 a month which is right at the same price as that BMW ad if you got the equivalent mileage(10k per year) instead of the 7,500 a year the BMW ad listed and had the same out of pocket costs.

The equivalent price of that I4 M50 is $60k. Certainly a large discount from MSRP but not “well under $60k” even with a lease.

The Model 3 Ludicrous should have essentially the same lease price without any run around or resorting to brokers. Perhaps it will be even less if the MSRP is truly “well under $60k”.

IMG_2965.png

Reactions: Lolo780
I said “well under $60k to purchase”. Virtually every EV qualifies for the full $7,500 tax credit with a lease. You even get the full tax credit with a Model S Plaid now but only if you lease it.

I added FSD to a Model 3 LR to get the price up to $60k and then checked the lease price for it. It comes out to $771 a month which is right at the same price as that BMW ad if you got the equivalent mileage(10k per year) instead of the 7,500 a year the BMW ad listed and had the same out of pocket costs.

The equivalent price of that I4 M50 is $60k. Certainly a large discount from MSRP but not “well under $60k” even with a lease.

The Model 3 Ludicrous should have essentially the same lease price without any run around or resorting to brokers. Perhaps it will be even less if the MSRP is truly “well under $60k”.

You can lease a BMW and then buy it out and take the full $7500 credit. You can't do that with a Tesla...their interest rate is no obnoxious it basically negates the federal rebate entirely, and of course you can't buy out period.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Oh that's true...but you can lease a BMW and then buy it out and take the full tax credit. You can't do that with a Tesla...
That’s a good point but it is still going to cost you roughly $60k to buy the BMW. I don’t think the buyout will be mid 50Ks unless you make some payments on it.

I wouldn’t want to buyout either one of the cars though. Better to just keep the leases on either of these cars. Depreciation is massive for all EVs right now.

Reactions: ODWms and momo3605
Tesla leases haven't been great for a while. What was a steal was in 2016 when I leased a Model S P90DL demo model for $750 / mo for 2 years.... Good times.
Tesla leases are better now especially on the Model Ys. They include the $7,500 tax credit and inventory discounts help too.

This is a pretty good lease for a Model Y RWD from inventory with the minimum due at signing. That is essentially a 1% of MSRP lease.

IMG_2966.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: momo3605
EV6 GT and i4 m50 are well under $60k with discounts.

But the point is that when the M3P was released in 2018 there was nothing even close to it. Now you have huge 7000lbs trucks and hyundais and kias pretty much neck and neck. BMW M3s and Audi RS3, Corvettes are cheaper ICE cars that can do 0-60 in 3 seconds or less too (and much faster above 60)
Can’t speak for the EVO but the cheapest m50 I’ve seen is about 60k. Perhaps if you custom order a base model. Also to get the $7500 you have to lease and then flip to a buy or hold as a lease. Nothing insurmountable but it’s a hassle.
see above. I watch them closely. Most msrp for $75k. I’ve seen a few guys claim 10 percent off plus the 7500 but you have to lease to get the 7500 so you have to add back a couple grand in Lease costs. I got mine for 63k. I leased and immediately purchased. That was at 8 percent off. At 10’percent off you’re at 61. I haven’t seen an m50 go for under 60 anywhere. You’d have to order a stripper and get 10 percent plus the 7500.

That’s my fear too… but I think they’ll be at least a year apart.
They’ve had it uncovered to film marketing footage. You’d think that wouldn’t need to be done all that far ahead of launch.

I mean it looked like it was going about 2mph through the streets. They just need to speed the footage up 100x, add in some rubber marks onto the road and smoke off the tyres and they are done. Ready to launch. 😉

Reactions: phantasms
Another post from Reddit
View attachment 1027763
Not sure why they even bother trying to cover the car up when Highland has already launched plus real uncovered footage has been shown from their marketing shoot. You put it on the road like this and everyone knows it's a prototype / unreleased vehicle. You put it out without any cover and just remove the Ludicrous badge and stick on a dual motor one instead, 99.99% of people wouldn't have a clue at a quick glance it's not just a regular LR highland.