Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
heard 0-60 is 2.9s
That's gonna be a major turnoff to many existing owners. That's basically not noticeable against current times. Which is what all the tweets below are saying as well. It appears Tesla is basically just aligning 0-60 with the cost of the car.

2.9 with or without rollout lol
As if you have to ask when it comes to Tesla squeaking in 0.1 below 3.0.

That's gonna be a major turnoff to many existing owners. That's basically not noticeable against current times. Which is what all the tweets below are saying as well.

As if you have to ask when it comes to Tesla squeaking in 0.1 below 3.0.
I still don’t know why people were expecting a mid 2 sec 0-60. The 1/4mi and mph I’ll be very curious about. I still think it looks gorgeous in ultra red and the blue. Just like the MS.
The price will be huuuge here if that time is correct. It would be right in line with MS times for 0-60 without factored rollout so the 1/4 will be interesting

Reactions: White_Walker
I still don’t know why people were expecting a mid 2 sec 0-60. The 1/4mi and mph I’ll be very curious about. I still think it looks gorgeous in ultra red and the blue. Just like the MS.
The price will be huuuge here if that time is correct. It would be right in line with MS times for 0-60 without factored rollout so the 1/4 will be interesting
100% Stock Model 3 Performance with Uberheavy wheels was 3.04 seconds 0-60 mph with rollout subtracted. This car absolutely has to be faster than 2.9 with rollout subtracted.

IMG_4425.jpeg

People seem to be confusing what they tested or what the world tested for a 0-60 time vs what Tesla says in their specs

The old M3P was 3.1 seconds listed time with rollout subtracted. The new Ludicrous M3P is allegedly 2.9 seconds listed time - with or without rollout we don’t know. Also 2.9 is speculative anyways.

Compare listed times to listed times, not real world times. Could be faster in real world tests later.