Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a matter of interest I’ve ordered an AWD - Originally on 9.6% then changed to 5.9%. My PCP is now cheaper over 3 years than 9.6% over 4 years!! It makes that much difference.

I’d think long and hard before ordering a performance at that ridiculous APR.
I think as @Durzel mentions, if you can hold off then wait a bit longer as the Model 3 will drop down to Model Y levels of APR sooner or later. If you need a car desperately and want a Tesla then should consider the Model Y as it's a far better deal currently.

I've paid cash for my Model 3 Highland as I need a car as don't have one at the moment and not prepared to pay 9.6% APR (They dropped it after I ordered but wouldn't pay 5.9% either). The savings in interest is significant, even if you put in a large wad of cash upfront.

I don't have the safety net of guaranteed future value but will give this car to the wife at some point and we'll then keep it a long time so not really that bothered. Also can factor in the savings on interest gives me some coverage there anyway.

I imagine Model Y will jump to a high APR when the Juniper comes out though they also have far more production lines for that car so maybe still will have more supply than demand.

Reactions: Durzel
I ordered one of the new Performance version of the Modrl 3 in April. It had a delivery date of “May-June” which I always thought was a bit fanciful. It’s now “ June-July” - I’ll be selling an existing car prior so trying to figure out how accurate these proposed dates are.

I can see in other threads that cars ordered in a Quarter tend to be delivered that quarter - not sure of how that makes sense as technically 31st March is still Q1 but unless Elon has also invented a Time Machine, you won’t get your vehicle…..

I can see that these are produced in China and shipped to Dublin via Belgium. Anyone any idea of when a car ordered in April might be available for collection?

I also read about this “information black-hole” that exists from Tesla when trying to get delivery info, so I find myself here, dependent on you guys for your experience and knowledge, so thanks in advance.

I ordered one of the new Performance version of the Modrl 3 in April. It had a delivery date of “May-June” which I always thought was a bit fanciful. It’s now “ June-July” - I’ll be selling an existing car prior so trying to figure out how accurate these proposed dates are.

I can see in other threads that cars ordered in a Quarter tend to be delivered that quarter - not sure of how that makes sense as technically 31st March is still Q1 but unless Elon has also invented a Time Machine, you won’t get your vehicle…..

I can see that these are produced in China and shipped to Dublin via Belgium. Anyone any idea of when a car ordered in April might be available for collection?

I also read about this “information black-hole” that exists from Tesla when trying to get delivery info, so I find myself here, dependent on you guys for your experience and knowledge, so thanks in advance.
Someone in this thread might help:

The "in quarter" thing is becoming less of a thing for a couple of reasons, Tesla are trying to break away from the quarterly crazy season, there's ghenerally more inventory around that gets carried over from one quarter and with the problems in the middle east, the boats have a longer shipping time than before.

But you're otherwise correct, it's a bit of a information black hole. I don't know if the hidden vin thing is still a thing (they allocate the car to you byt don't tell you directly) or you just have to wait.