Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question... I see on my account on the website it says "You cannot edit this design at this time." How are people changing colors and such when the order has already been placed? Not sure I want to change anything... just curious.
I don’t see that being the case for me- I wonder if it’s because you are in the verge of getting a vin? Total guess.

Question... I see on my account on the website it says "You cannot edit this design at this time." How are people changing colors and such when the order has already been placed? Not sure I want to change anything... just curious.
Mine shows the same. It happened after I submitted my FSD Transfer form (signed) and someone on the back end removed the FSD from the new vehicle config. Which confuses me if that’s how it’s supposed to happen or not. I emailed them, but never heard back. My EDD is still a month plus away (latter half of March), so I’m thinking I’m not imminently close to getting a VIN. I think it just has more to do with someone back end having done FSD removal on the new one. Same boat for you (FSD transfer) or nope?

Reactions: happyelegance
I noticed the same after I filled in the FSD form. Before that I was able to make changes. I noticed that when I requested the transfer they temporarily added the FSD and the final price was plus $12,000.000 which freaked me out. But the next day it was gone and I couldn’t make any design changes anymore. Go figure.

Mine shows the same. It happened after I submitted my FSD Transfer form (signed) and someone on the back end removed the FSD from the new vehicle config. Which confuses me if that’s how it’s supposed to happen or not. I emailed them, but never heard back. My EDD is still a month plus away (latter half of March), so I’m thinking I’m not imminently close to getting a VIN. I think it just has more to do with someone back end having done FSD removal on the new one. Same boat for you (FSD transfer) or nope?
No FSD transfer. This is my first Tesla.

Reactions: happyelegance
This is such a brutal wait- I don’t have a car at at the moment and I work remote so I just feel like I’m on dang house arrest
The wait sucks, but will be worth it! I endured the wait for the early build M3s where you had to wait to be invited to even configure! Not that I’ve gotten any more patient, but at least this feels better to me somehow. But I also think Tesla isn’t helping themselves with all the EDD changes they’re making. It’s a very non-transparent process and that clearly causes angst among us “mere mortals”.

• Funny
Reactions: catxi and xii_
I had the option to edit my design up until I got my Vin. Like Xii_ said, maybe you’re about to receive one soon 🤞🏼

The wait sucks, but will be worth it! I endured the wait for the early build M3s where you had to wait to be invited to even configure! Not that I’ve gotten any more patient, but at least this feels better to me somehow. But I also think Tesla isn’t helping themselves with all the EDD changes they’re making. It’s a very non-transparent process and that clearly causes angst among us “mere mortals”.
“Non-transparent” and “angst” are understatements. Deliveries have been made without any semblance of rational strategy. Which is even more annoying given Tesla’s overall great reputation for doing things in new ways that make more sense than traditional automakers. The fact that there are people who ordered weeks after the announcement who have their car while people who ordered 1/9 or 1/10 don’t even have a vin is laughable.

“Non-transparent” and “angst” are understatements. Deliveries have been made without any semblance of rational strategy. Which is even more annoying given Tesla’s overall great reputation for doing things in new ways that make more sense than traditional automakers. The fact that there are people who ordered weeks after the announcement who have their car while people who ordered 1/9 or 1/10 don’t even have a vin is laughable.
Love the name with this comment haha- but I do agree..

Quick question 🙋‍♂️ on FSD transfer form. I filled it up and emailed it back to tesla rep. Is there a way to know that it has been added to my account. I had submitted the form on Tuesday evening (2/13). Thanks
They removed my $12,000 FSD from my account and that is how I knew it was added to my account. I would send a message through the app and they will confirm.

Reactions: Jaycha2
I hate Tesla's way of communicating (and am not a fan of M*sk at all) -- but they do straight up say that differences in trim, color, interior and tires affect the timing of the orders -- which is clearly what's going on here.

They started w AWD deliveries.
Now they're doing some RWD deliveries before going back to AWD. But yeah, ppl this week who ordered RWD after 1/10-1/20 are getting cars before some ppl who ordered AWD earlier. It's frustrating but they've actually been up front that configuration changes when you get it.

What we've seen very little of are cars with white interior and certain paints. Those combined with location are a hold up.

I hate Tesla's way of communicating (and am not a fan of M*sk at all) -- but they do straight up say that differences in trim, color, interior and tires affect the timing of the orders -- which is clearly what's going on here.

They started w AWD deliveries.
Now they're doing some RWD deliveries before going back to AWD. But yeah, ppl this week who ordered RWD after 1/10-1/20 are getting cars before some ppl who ordered AWD earlier. It's frustrating but they've actually been up front that configuration changes when you get it.

What we've seen very little of are cars with white interior and certain paints. Those combined with location are a hold up.
I mean, I ordered RWD on 1/17 and I've only had one update since the order. No vin, no shorter EDD, no EDD change. It's upsetting and annoying