Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is the start of my EDD range! Expecting a push back in times but I just hope the push back is a smaller more accurate window if so! (A vin would be cooler though) Long Range gang has is bad man lol
6:45a came and went and my start EDD did not change ( still Feb 16)...that's the first time it's happened to me. so that is at least different!

Reactions: xii_
Ah, yeah. I feel bad for everyone AWD. Well if mine shifts to end of March, I’ll just cry in a hole
If the cars are shipped to FL in the second week or latest third week of March they will be received before March 31st.

Anything that is built in the last 2 weeks will be shipped to places that takes 2-3 days to deliver.

Anything built in the last week of the quarter will stay in California and surroundings.

So mostly anything that requires more than 2-3 days will need to be shipped the first two weeks of March. Unless the sale numbers for the quarter are met, but looks that it is not the case. Anything that miss the quarter deadline will be sent to next quarter which could mean May/June :(

Also consider that March 29 to 31 is usually a Holiday weekend wich means that deliveries might be affected.

Reactions: sydneylax
If the cars are shipped to FL in the second week or latest third week of March they will be received before March 31st.

Anything that is built in the last 2 weeks will be shipped to places that takes 2-3 days to deliver.

Anything built in the last week of the quarter will stay in California and surroundings.

So mostly anything that requires more than 2-3 days will need to be shipped the first two weeks of March. Unless the sale numbers for the quarter are met, but looks that it is not the case.

Also consider that March 29 to 31 is usually a Holiday weekend wich means that deliveries might be affected.
That was the case with my first M3 here in FL. Was delivered the last weekend of September (EOQ) and I got my VIN about 14 days prior. So if I don't see a VIN by 17 March, I'll assume it won't arrive in time for EOQ.

I

So mostly anything that requires more than 2-3 days will need to be shipped the first two weeks of March. Unless the sale numbers for the quarter are met, but looks that it is not the case. Anything that miss the quarter deadline will be sent to next quarter which could mean May/June :(

Yep that makes sense. A few people in here that reside in FL have gotten their VINS and shortened EDDs, so I’ll keep hoping for the best for everyone 🙏

I’m curious if anyone knows when VIN is assigned? I am wondering if, in some cases, the vehicles are shipped to their delivery locations, and then assigned?

Only reason I ask is that I know shipping time in the US from coast-coast can take up to 1-2 weeks. I’d anticipate receiving a VIN already if they are assigned during/directly after manufacturing. Just some curious thoughts!

I’m curious if anyone knows when VIN is assigned? I am wondering if, in some cases, the vehicles are shipped to their delivery locations, and then assigned?

Only reason I ask is that I know shipping time in the US from coast-coast can take up to 1-2 weeks. I’d anticipate receiving a VIN already if they are assigned during/directly after manufacturing. Just some curious thoughts!
I’ve heard that once your car is built and put on the truck to come to your location, that’s when you get the VIN. But I could be wrong!

Reactions: xelanoslen

The first M3 I bought, I received my VIN, had the SC pull it up and it was sitting in Fremont, waiting for a ride to FL. So before it leaves the factory.

It has many variables, you might soft match with a VIN when it is waiting in the parking lot for transport and oficially match when it is in the last leg of transportation. In Canada the cars arrive by boat from China, while you soft match while the boat is coming, your official match comes when the car is in the truck or train going to you.

However a soft match can be removed if the car misses the transportation window, which rarely occur (like a snowstorm, truck failure).

I don't think I've posted on this thread yet, but I just changed my order from the most basic (RWD/stealth grey/black/18) to:

RWD, Blue, White, 19 (Nova)

My OD was 1/25 and my latest EDD was 2/16-2/26. I'll update the SS once I have a new EDD.

I changed as I've always liked blue and our old MX was blue/white and I miss that combination. After reading some posts above, I made the hard decision to (presumably) delay things to get what I want, vs getting what I was (settling for) sooner.

That would be great! I'm rooting for you to get your delivery scheduled
IMG_0451.png

Delivery all set! Hoping everyone else gets theirs soon.