Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s so weird like I see people on east coast ordering after me with financing and trade ins get their AWD before someone not only half of America closer, but paying all cash and no trade in lol- really makes no sense
Someone is picking a Red with almost same config ( I want Nova) in California in March 2. Anoyher in Miami around February. There are lot of Red Demos sitting in some showrooms. I ordered at the spot when they announced it and dropped my EDD of Feb 5 to one month after estimates.

No VIN yet. I feel you, it is stressful. For me stress me out the financing expiring and Trade In in March 9 and car might not arrive on time. In addition I have already the downpayment which I got from an extra of my investments 1 month ago, because my window was in the 15 days. I loose the opportunity of making money for an entire month which was considerable due to stock appreciation.

Well my Delivery promise was January-February, lets see if it is March.

is it safe to say that we are seeing an unusual push of delivery dates? Do we have a public spreadsheet someone can link?
We have a public spreadsheet. I have seen lot of posts in Reddit of LR set for delivery but the spreadsheet still show less 1% of VIN aasigned for AWD. Even a lot of movement with white seats in reddit. I am suspicious.

I got my offer the day after I gave them my info…no VIN yet…The discrepancies!

This is the text they gave me, also told me when my car would arrive!

IMG_DFBCEF8DB9E5-1.jpeg

Reactions: MikeWithAnEV
Here’s my numbers to date:
Order 1/10, AWD blk/bl, photons, no trade, so-cal
15 Unique EDDs
No update ever via email/text
2/26 VIN assigned App updated asking to sign off on Tesla vision new EDD 2/27-3/5

2/26 late morning: SA via app conversation said to expect to take delivery on 2/28 (VIN req’d to look up timing)

No official delivery at this moment

We have a public spreadsheet. I have seen lot of posts in Reddit of LR set for delivery but the spreadsheet still show less 1% of VIN aasigned for AWD. Even a lot of movement with white seats in reddit. I am suspicious.
Yeah, that’s really confusing. I saw at least 2 people post today that they got their VINs and the spreadsheet stats only moved to 8 assigned AWD VINS. Very confusing. Aren’t people aware of the spreadsheet?

I’m starting to think that our Tesla Delivery locations might not be high enough volume of orders to send a truck yet? Gah.
If you look at the spreadsheet, a lot of the EDDs to locations in the middle of the country are way later than the coasts. I'm in Nashville - we are saturated with Teslas and they recently opened up a new much bigger sales and service center here. So I don't think volume is the issue. I'm wondering if they can stick a ton of cars on a boat and sail them from California through the Panama Canal to the East Coast, which is why the coasts get them a lot faster than those of us in the middle that have to wait for train and/or truck.

Reactions: Javid010
Finally some good news! I texted Tesla Delivery from my app and got a response that they had a Vin matched to my order and to upload the insurance documents which I did and now my EDD is from today to 3/5 !!!!
Congrats! I am ok with others getting their VINs as long as there is no hold up. Now I messaged within the app as well. Maybe they can see something on their end.

Reactions: happyelegance
If you look at the spreadsheet, a lot of the EDDs to locations in the middle of the country are way later than the coasts. I'm in Nashville - we are saturated with Teslas and they recently opened up a new much bigger sales and service center here. So I don't think volume is the issue. I'm wondering if they can stick a ton of cars on a boat and sail them from California through the Panama Canal to the East Coast, which is why the coasts get them a lot faster than those of us in the middle that have to wait for train and/or truck.
slap our cars on a train man let’s gooo

Got a message today to update payment information since I hadn't chosen financing in the app. By not doing that, did I miss the chance to get an updated delivery date?

OD 1/17, EDD 3/13 - 3/31, still no changes
LR, stealth grey, white interior, photon, Texas