Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, just wanna share I decided to switch from RWD Standard Range to AWD Long range for a couple of reasons, in case anyone is considering the same.

1. Since I ordered on Jan 10th as soon as orders opened, my advisor told me that I can still get the old cheaper price that was available from the time that I ordered, before the increase for AWD and white interior. I made the change, and confirmed that this is the case. Woo!
2. My advisor told me that my order would not be moved to the back of the queue, and that I'd still get priority because of my early order date. (hopefully this is really true behind the scenes😂)

My config is:
Blue Ext
White int (same as before)
AWD (previously RWD)
18" photon

My estimate immediately updated from Feb29-Mar13 to Mar26-Mar31 after I made the update. Waiting a little more sucks, but it'll be worth it!

Hello all,

The "urgent" post I put up was legit, but I guess by the looks of everything you guys responded, it was just a model y salesman yapping away. No I didn't cancel my order, was just super enraged at my date being pushed back once again at the time.

Secondly, I did receive my vin today, I ordered 1/10, LR, Grey, White, Phanton 18s.

Lastly, I couldn't care less about touching that excel sheet, so refrain from blaming me ya jabronies.

Thanks.

PS, yes Im super excited but hopefully starting tomorrow we start seeing LR deliveries or White interior deliveries. Will keep you updated.
So... Your SA lied? Although I didn't believe you to begin with it was dumb of the SA to tell you such lies to scare you and the rest of the LR and/or white interior waiters.

If y'all want to make a copy of The Spreadsheet™ that keeps up with the original version, create a new sheet by visiting Google Sheets: Sign-in and add this formula below to the first cell on the upper right-hand corner:

Code:
=IMPORTRANGE("https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GNTiFib5kS0PmKPz70N-4jQSc4dFO0qAlXl41Uf1NUI/edit#gid=1433884351", "USA (Fremont)!A1:AC")

From here, you'll be able to filter and sort to your heart's content!

Whoever created the spreadsheet: change your sharing options to View Only to avoid having your stuff constantly trampled over!

Reactions: 1stEV_24_M3_LR
1. Since I ordered on Jan 10th as soon as orders opened, my advisor told me that I can still get the old cheaper price that was available from the time that I ordered, before the increase for AWD and white interior. I made the change, and confirmed that this is the case. Woo!
2. My advisor told me that my order would not be moved to the back of the queue, and that I'd still get priority because of my early order date. (hopefully this is really true behind the scenes😂)
Kinda shocking they're giving you the pricing at order date!
Question for you.. Your account on the website wasn't saying anything like "You can not edit the design" for the order? If so, that's interesting for an early order, in that a number of people here said theirs has been locked for a long time. Wondering what drives Locked/Unlocked.

Question for you.. Your account on the website wasn't saying anything like "You can not edit the design" for the order? If so, that's interesting for an early order, in that a number of people here said theirs has been locked for a long time. Wondering what drives Locked/Unlocked.
To me it makes sense since the order was placed prior to the price increase to be allowed to get different range. In my case the edit options got locked as soon as I completed the FSD transfer form. But I know for others who didn’t have that it also got locked. So @kire41 got lucky. Good for him/her. 👍🏽

My edit design was locked before, but opened when my financing expired and has stayed there since. I’m guessing I’ve been able to edit because I have white int on my order and deliveries of those have been scarce

Reactions: GuyFromAz
Hey all, just wanna share I decided to switch from RWD Standard Range to AWD Long range for a couple of reasons, in case anyone is considering the same.

My config is:
Blue Ext
White int (same as before)
AWD (previously RWD)
18" photon

My estimate immediately updated from Feb29-Mar13 to Mar26-Mar31 after I made the update. Waiting a little more sucks, but it'll be worth it!
Good to hear someone moving to AWD! I have been wondering whether I should move from AWD to RWD, whether the extra bucks is worth the long range (given the LFP vs NMC limitations in reality, longer waits etc etc) but this is reinforcing!

Reactions: happyelegance
1709301248565.png

For those of us wanting to do the FSD transfer looks like it will be honored even if we do not take delivery in March.

People might be interested in my charging story.
14-50 install vs tesla wall charger

I had to purchase the mobile connector to be able to charge at a few relatives homes and vacation homes etc. We travel to the coast in North and South Carolina and they are both supercharger ghost towns from 95 east.......

given I purchased at rwd, it maxes at 32 amps and doesn't really take advantage of the charging speeds the wall connector offers.

I had decided to just install the 14-50 and use my mobile connector, thinking i'd save money. Well turns out yes, I would save some money, but what a pain.
14-50 requires at least 6-3 wire vs 6-2 - more expensive.
an industrial grade 14-50 plug runs $50-$85 depending upon Hummel vs Bryant
I was going to go with a 50 amp breaker, but this is the kicker, my panel is an older cutler hammer and it's not easy to find a new 50 amp gfi breaker. Nor is it cheap, $170 - $250. I found a few on amazon, but still not certain they are even the correct ones.
So $170 (breaker) + $50 (plug) + $35 (extra for wire) + $10 (2 gang box, outlet cover) =$265 in extra costs for 14-50 install

went with wall charger instead , and a non gfi 50 amp breaker is like $20!
(i have a licensed electrician neighbor and was too cheap to pay the big bucks for an install)

for a more modern panel, a 50 amp gfi is cheaper, but still usually around $110. and the word is to stay away from the cheap $15 14-50 plugs, they aren't meant to be plugged and unplugged many times --- typically a dryer is plugged in once and left for years.

Reactions: Falcon73 and akatwn
View attachment 1023520
For those of us wanting to do the FSD transfer looks like it will be honored even if we do not take delivery in March.
Phew... Glad to hear. My EDD is still within March, but a big reason I ordered RWD instead of AWD was the FSD transfer... But I guess if I had ordered AWD at the time it was already showing April-May on the website, so maybe they wouldn't have honored it then...