Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received VIN! Ordered 1/10. SG LR 19’s. Located in Raleigh NC. I know this has been asked before but I don’t remember the answer…should I pay my lease down payment now or wait until delivery is scheduled? Will it delay my delivery if I don’t pay now? Thanks!
I'm not familiar with leasing in particular. But in general, if you pay then it's yours and can't reject for defects. I would wait until it passes your inspection. Delay for the car you want seems much better than being stuck with one you don't want. There is no money back guarantee. But, I don't know anything about leasing.

Last edited:
No one in this thread that we trust, one guy said he did but never said a word after "delivery" and didn't post a single picture/screenshot. There are a couple people on Reddit and Facebook groups that are reporting they have VINs but I take that with a grain of salt as well.

There are white interiors in the wild, just super low amounts. Someone posted a picture of one on the road a few pages back.
Ok, thanks. I find it really odd that none of all the review videos on YouTube have white interiors. Would be nice to get some sort of information on the issues happening with that config.
My OD is 2/2
RWD
Pearl white
white interior
Photon
and initially had an EDD of 3/15-3-31. That was pushed back to 4/11-5/16 last week.

This week or next week is crucial to see the drone footage of Tesla Fremont Factory. If we see a lot of white interiors, they are probably starting to build white interior configs and timeline should align. As of now and white interiors, I still don't see the light or the end of pushbacks. If we see a bunch of white interior configs, then we know they focused on black interiors and now should ramp up the white interiors.

Anyone else close to Fremont with a 2k/4k drone, we need footage on a daily basis :(

This week or next week is crucial to see the drone footage of Tesla Fremont Factory. If we see a lot of white interiors, they are probably starting to build white interior configs and timeline should align. As of now and white interiors, I still don't see the light or the end of pushbacks. If we see a bunch of white interior configs, then we know they focused on black interiors and now should ramp up the white interiors.
Seeing anything other than a sea of MY's that are destined to sit in inventory for weeks/months would be great!

@traubgator, you have a VIN and are waiting for delivery? Was it your delivery that kept getting rescheduled? So sorry but the end is near for you - this Saturday is 16th.

yea kind of both -- my real first estimated date of delivery was Feb 13-March 12.
Woke up Feb 14, and was greeted with a delivery update -- April 11-May 23..... SA had no reason or understanding why..
Went to a new tesla store in my area a few days later on Feb 17, and the SA went in the back, and just apologized and thought it was odd but said, it will fix itself, and he expects it to change. Magically that afternoon, I was assigned a VIN on Feb 17. Delivery was scheduled for March 6, then that passed and it was changed to March 16, and now he is keeping my March 16 appointment, but thinks the car won't be hear until March 18 so we will see.

You are right, i'm getting closer etc. - lets just hope the car arrives in Birmingham for distribution to atlanta any day now! I'm assuming lots of cars will be coming to atlanta around that same time regardless of order date.

as frustrating as this is -- it's still better then dealing with a traditional dealer -- unless you have an insider at that dealer etc, in those instances I was treated like a VIP etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: happyelegance
Aaaand just like magic... VIN assigned... with Est. Delivery this week itself Mar 13th - 20th. I'm so thrilled I don't care about the white interior now!!!! :)
This is hopefully good news for me - I changed on 3/2 to black interior and was super worried it would put me in the back of the line. Congrats! Hoping I see some action by this weekend...

Reactions: Vybz