Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD has been changing, like others. Currently just moved to Mar 19 - Mar 31, from Mar 18 - Mar 31. Asked SA if they had a better or more solid timeframe on when to expect. They got back to me within an hour and stated it is due in San Diego between the 22nd and 26th. 🤞
I'm in Los Angeles and I currently have the same dates as you. Let's hope they arrive when the SA said.

So without me looking at the spreadsheet, I am assuming the White Interior is still not being delivered? I have a LR with white interior on order since 1/10 and the SA said today, "Still no update, but hope we will have one soon". My current EDD is March 30-31. Current lease is up, registration is expiring. I am kind of over the excitement of the car at this point, and just want to get this over with =(. Sad

Cant find my original thread, but got a vin in CO!
OD:1/10
EDD: Updated from 3/20-3/31 to 3/26-3/31
Shocked to see it come in as early as it did, but its here.
Praying for all 1/10 LR orders, you'll get that vin, you're almost there!
Update: Date was bumped up to 3/21-3/29 this morning! That train is moooovin

I'm in Los Angeles and I currently have the same dates as you. Let's hope they arrive when the SA said.
Would be nice. I'm skeptical, but hoping the SA didn't just make up something. A VIN assigned would make me feel better too. Maybe that's coming today or tomorrow (or _very_ soon). Sure they want to get them to us prior to end of quarter, and we're pretty easy drop offs.

Reactions: evfangirl
So, a question for the current/existing Tesla owners.

I just received a message in the app from my SC (which is also the same as my delivery location). It thanked me for servicing my Tesla and said that they've parked my car outside, and will start charging me storage fees if I don't pick it up in 24 hours.

Well...problem is my selected delivery date is not until 3/22 (this Friday, since I am out of state on business and won't make the first available date of the 21st). I haven't even taken delivery of the M3...why am I getting a service message (is this normal)? And will I really be charged a fee? Is the SC telling me the car is here already and really need me to pick it up early? I've replied to the SC message, but no reply yet.

I just received a message in the app from my SC (which is also the same as my delivery location). It thanked me for servicing my Tesla and said that they've parked my car outside, and will start charging me storage fees if I don't pick it up in 24 hours.

Well...problem is my selected delivery date is not until 3/22 (this Friday, since I am out of state on business and won't make the first available date of the 21st). I haven't even taken delivery of the M3...why am I getting a service message (is this normal)? And will I really be charged a fee? Is the SC telling me the car is here already and really need me to pick it up early? I've replied to the SC message, but no reply yet.

Clearly they sent this to the wrong person

It really sounds like they messaged the wrong person, since they stated they serviced your car and then parked outside. I'll be curious on what their reply is.

Just wondering if anyone is having as bad a time as I am getting a VIN.

Ordered on 10 January, Blue exterior, White interior, Long range with default wheels.
Kept an eye on things, saw the white interior delays, switched to black interior on or around the 23rd of February.
I'm now in a Mar 20-31 delivery window, no VIN.

I'm assuming a lot of people who initially put data into the spreadsheet just never updated it, got their car, etc.
So is there anyone still monitoring the thread who ordered on the 10th without the white interior who still hasn't gotten a VIN?
I'm assuming that when I modified my order, I didn't keep my 'place' in the queue, despite some chatter that it wouldn't matter.

Just wondering if anyone is having as bad a time as I am getting a VIN.

Ordered on 10 January, Blue exterior, White interior, Long range with default wheels.
Kept an eye on things, saw the white interior delays, switched to black interior on or around the 23rd of February.
I'm now in a Mar 20-31 delivery window, no VIN.

I'm assuming a lot of people who initially put data into the spreadsheet just never updated it, got their car, etc.
So is there anyone still monitoring the thread who ordered on the 10th without the white interior who still hasn't gotten a VIN?
I'm assuming that when I modified my order, I didn't keep my 'place' in the queue, despite some chatter that it wouldn't matter.
There are definitely still people who ordered that early and that haven’t gotten a VIN.

If I remember correctly, the purchase agreement states that you must pick up the car within 14 day of the “ready notice”, and there is no mention of storage charge.

I imagine that this is a silly question, but if one delays their pickup date due for whatever reason (eg cannot get away from work until end of pickup window), does the car sit idle on the lot until that day? Surely they are not using those cars awaiting pickup for demo drives, right? …..right?

I do understand they want to limit cars on lot, hence the usual 3 day window.

Last edited:
Richmond, and they just messaged that the car is on site!
Pretty sure I saw your car! They had a few of my configs ready to be picked up by a fleet company. Ugh. Try and work with Adrian when you pick up. He’s awesome. He was able to gps my car and it’s at the jessup depot. Eta to Richmond is the 26th. Getting closer and getting more impatient. That new Tesla smell is intoxicating!