Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s absurd that they would bother making this for inventory when they could slap photons on it and ship it to me. GIVE ME MY CAR FFS
My suspicion is that they didn't make it "for Inventory", but rather for a customer who cancelled the order. Then they're left with the vehicle already shipped.
In that case, it makes sense to reassign the VIN within the delivery area. Or, if nobody is configured for that, just make it available. Of course, I might be applying "real logic" to the chaos of their systems!

My suspicion is that they didn't make it "for Inventory", but rather for a customer who cancelled the order. Then they're left with the vehicle already shipped.
In that case, it makes sense to reassign the VIN within the delivery area. Or, if nobody is configured for that, just make it available. Of course, I might be applying "real logic" to the chaos of their systems!

The whole process really is absurd and non-consumer friendly. I am currently in post-VIN, pre-delivery date limbo. As it turns out, the extended August delivery date for my white interior may not have been accurate all along, and by switching to the black interior I did not prefer, I may not actually save any time in terms of getting the car. I realize I made a judgment call in switching, but it's hard to think of all the unnecessary hand-wringing that I and many of you have gone through in this. 99% of the customer dissatisfaction could be solved by simply being more transparent and communicative about issues and schedules, and having a reliable way to contact someone who can provide real help. I feel like I get better service from my butcher in buying $10 in hamburger meat than I have gotten trying to buy this $50k car!

The whole process really is absurd and non-consumer friendly. I am currently in post-VIN, pre-delivery date limbo. As it turns out, the extended August delivery date for my white interior may not have been accurate all along, and by switching to the black interior I did not prefer, I may not actually save any time in terms of getting the car. I realize I made a judgment call in switching, but it's hard to think of all the unnecessary hand-wringing that I and many of you have gone through in this. 99% of the customer dissatisfaction could be solved by simply being more transparent and communicative about issues and schedules, and having a reliable way to contact someone who can provide real help. I feel like I get better service from my butcher in buying $10 in hamburger meat than I have gotten trying to buy this $50k car!
Exactly. They didn't even know I had an order and reached out to me to place one.....waiting this long when we were told we would get the car months earlier is crazy. Its not like the EDDs were off by a couple weeks its been MONTHS since my order with 0 commmunication.

I think we can all agree that none of the dates really make sense and to take your estimation with a grain of salt. We have RN1212’s sitting at may-jun, 1/10 orders with August dates, 3/12 orders with June dates, me specifically with a Jun30- Aug11 date on a 2/16 order, its just all over the place. I would hesitate to freak out or get pissed if your edd moves back. I’m sure we’ll see a ton of movement in May.

Exactly. They didn't even know I had an order and reached out to me to place one.....waiting this long when we were told we would get the car months earlier is crazy. Its not like the EDDs were off by a couple weeks its been MONTHS since my order with 0 commmunication.
While my registration and finance part shows “complete “ in my account since late Jan, today I get a text asking for “co signers credentials!
When I tell them I didn’t know what they were talking about, he comes back after an hour that my loan is approved and needs the co signers info!!
Told him I haven’t applied for finance. No response yet!!
I truly believe they are losing it!!

Reactions: jiren and evfangirl
While my registration and finance part shows “complete “ in my account since late Jan, today I get a text asking for “co signers credentials!
When I tell them I didn’t know what they were talking about, he comes back after an hour that my loan is approved and needs the co signers info!!
They texted me this as well and i was also confused… my loan is still approved and has been for a while

Reactions: evfangirl
Holy moly. That is really amazingly awful.

I got the same cosigners documents text today as well. We had completed that several months ago! I sent back a screen shot showing that action as complete and asked if there was anything else needed. Got a response right away of “No sir”.

I got the same cosigners documents text today as well. We had completed that several months ago! I sent back a screen shot showing that action as complete and asked if there was anything else needed. Got a response right away of “No sir”.
at least you got a respond right away..
In my case , after over 2 hours of radio silence, I get a text ” please confirm the order you referring to!!”
I only have one order! Now I am worried after waiting for over 3 months , they don’t even have my order.
Sent them a copy of the order..
Still waiting for response.
This is beyond ridiculous!

To make it worse, I got a text saying I could take delivery of a model 3 in the next week if I’m open to other configurations. Got slightly excited, because I’d legitimately consider a black LR instead of gray, or even nova wheels instead of photon. Nope. Not a single available car was a LR. Why even bother sending me that?

i’m 1212 also ordered in 3/12. i hope mine moves up to around yours time frame. right now im still sitting june 14th - june 30th
I'm seeing a lot of January orders (you guys were fast out of the gate) and some March orders. I don't think I've seen too many February orders in this forum. So I'm hoping you January guys will get your cars soon, and then we March folks are right behind you. A boy can dream, right? This business of the co-signers' documents is very troubling . . . .

Reactions: jiren and evfangirl
white seat configuration I guess no one ordered is available in seattle🤷🏽‍♂️ but still waiting in my 1/10 order
IMG_1036.jpeg

I'm seeing a lot of January orders (you guys were fast out of the gate) and some March orders. I don't think I've seen too many February orders in this forum. So I'm hoping you January guys will get your cars soon, and then we March folks are right behind you. A boy can dream, right? This business of the co-signers' documents is very troubling . . . .
i’ve seen a few feb orders in our white interior club waiting room. but i’m with you, if not many feb orders here waiting on white. let’s go ahead and skip to us march folks. we want our cars delivered too.