Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here a close up pic of the door panel in the day light. It does show leather texture. Hope this helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 6
Seeing your car in inventory but long range is so tempting! Wish it would qualify for the EV credit and I’d switch immediately.
I did switch. Immediate VIN and EDD in a week or two. It’s a lot of extra money, but I’m convincing myself that it’s worth it. In fact, I didn’t “switch.” I just added the order for the AWD, and I still have the order for the RWD. I didn’t trust “the system” enough to try to switch the order from one to another. If by some miracle, the RWD comes through, I’ll take that. But I’m now showing an EDD in September (whereas last week it was in June).

Just curious why you think it wont qualify? Been trying to find any info on the situation but there’s not much out there.
This site -- Federal Tax Credits for Plug-in Electric and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles Purchased in 2023 or After -- shows the Model 3 Performance but no other Model 3s. There was a flurry of reporting last week that the AWD might qualify, but I've seen no followup and certainly haven't heard anything from Tesla. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but at this point there's no reason to think it will qualify.

I bit the bullet anyway, and I'm taking delivery of an AWD, blue, white interior, with 18" wheels on May 18.

This site -- Federal Tax Credits for Plug-in Electric and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles Purchased in 2023 or After -- shows the Model 3 Performance but no other Model 3s. There was a flurry of reporting last week that the AWD might qualify, but I've seen no followup and certainly haven't heard anything from Tesla. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but at this point there's no reason to think it will qualify.

I bit the bullet anyway, and I'm taking delivery of an AWD, blue, white interior, with 18" wheels on May 18.
I believe Tesla has to provide LR's technical specs to IRS and apply to IRS''s specific department to receive approval. In theory the batteries might qualify, but who will risk 9k more just in case that it might qualify in 2+ months, after the process is complete...assuming that the tech specs are OK.

The Standard and LR do NOT qualify. As of today, the performance is a better deal if you qualify. That can change if the LR battery changes, but they just made the change AWAY from the battery that did qualify.
The minimum specs by IRS changed a week ago...what we see as the qualified list of EV for the 7500 tax credit does not reflect the new IRS minimum specs.

Reactions: evfangirl
The minimum specs by IRS changed a week ago...what we see as the qualified list of EV for the 7500 tax credit does not reflect the new IRS minimum specs.
The Performance is the ONLY 2024 model 3 that TESLA will give you the $7500 off up front. All this other energy doesn't change that. The Tesla website is CRYSTAL clear about it. People just play games with what's going on. We've had these same BS debates every single year.