Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call asking me if Im sure I don't want a black interior. Only call they bother to make to me since I placed the order for Ultra Red / White interior SR back in January. They have a bunch of black interior inventory piling up at my nearest location. Perhaps if they discounted them they could move them. Anyway I was annoyed they wasted my time with this call I was expecting a call from somewhere else. Told them I appreciate having all this extra time to reconsider even buying a Tesla that I'm happy to continue waiting. That I've managed to get it from 100% (want the car), in Jan down to 25% (want an excuse any excuse to drop the order), currently. That was a Friday. Its Sunday and I have a VIN. Which suggests they were holding off on that info before giving it to me in order to talk me into accepting a black interior across the phone. The other two options is that it was random timing, or making 9 minutes of disparaging commentary about what you think of Elon, and the Company, and this non-process, somehow increases your odds of getting a VIN.

Order date 6/14/24, VIN received 6/17, delivery 6/24 - south Florida.
‘24 M3 Highland, White/Black interior, RWD, SR, 18” wheels.
White interior is lovely, but I’ve experienced it before in 2 prior M3 cars (5 years). Didn’t feel like waiting. Looking forward to Black for a change, actually.

Besides the $7,500 tax credit applied to the Lease calculation, the HUGE key to this car is the 270 mile LFP battery range. This battery likes and needs to be charged to 100%. I see no reason to have an LR or a Lithium ion battery charged to the recommended 80% level.

For those waiting for LR white interior, we ordered on 2/6 and waited with delivery being updated back and forth. Then with no warning, I got a message at lunch on Tuesday that I could take delivery on Wed or Thursday and should complete the tasks. On Thurs morning got the revised trade in and accepted it. Took delivery on Thurs afternoon. When things happen they happen very quickly. And the Ultrared/white combo is just stunning. Car is clearly a big improvement in ride, noise, general refinement. Not having USS really sucks as the replacement is nowhere near as good. I'm sure we will adjust to the lack of stalks but the new arrangement is neither as intuitive or efficient as the previous one. Multifunction buttons are not a simple solution to anything. Turn signal buttons are OK.
Yes, the Red with White interior is dazzling. I may consider that next time. I prefer it with black rims not chromed, my opinion. And, yes the indicators (turn signals) I think should be on a stalk. Buttons are ok for PRDN. GOOD LUCK WITH IT.

Reactions: evfangirl
Tell us more about that.
Was just looking casually at inventory for my area to see if any white seat awd to get rebate. Was a blue white awd 18" tires highland. more of them were duck bill than highland. Would be easy to make a mistake. The filtering on the website aint good. They are between 0-1000 miles. I don't know where the cutoff should be between new and used. They weren't there on previous visits. Maybe they were previously under used. Don't imagine they would make any more of prior model. Probably last year unsold new-newish pre highland, but just curious why they wait so long to list them. Probably would be wize to discount them.

Last edited:
Seeing it in person at last, what a great feeling ! The light strip is slightly misaligned like many others, and one rubber seal near the left mirror is a bit off, should be easy to fix.
By the way, quite a lot of white interiors on that parking lot !

Attachments

• IMG_2784.jpg
    IMG_2784.jpg
    572.8 KB · Views: 3
OD 4/28 White / White LR and EDD still June..still holding out hope as I see earlier order dates have gotten theres. I see inventory slowwwwly showing a few white interior models. Asked my rep a few times if June is still realistic but wasn't helpful.
Update - got my VIN assigned today!!! Estimated delivery now says july 12-18 .. really hoping that gets moved up like some others have I see!

Got notification to schedule delivery but no VIN has been assigned (LR, White/White, 18” wheels) Anyone have that happen before?

Also, not sure if anyone has gone through this before - my trade in is 2021 M3P that I bought directly from Tesla back in May (5/21 delivery to be exact). I was supposed to pick up a SR (switched to LR after became eligible for tax incentive) last week but was told I couldn’t anymore because trade in does not have a current registration to my name. They put a hold on my account hoping that the registration/plates would be in the mail and I have yet to receive them. Anyone know what I could possibly do? They’re only giving me the 30th to schedule delivery for the new vehicle but I am also out of the country until 7/1.

Got notification to schedule delivery but no VIN has been assigned (LR, White/White, 18” wheels) Anyone have that happen before?

Also, not sure if anyone has gone through this before - my trade in is 2021 M3P that I bought directly from Tesla back in May (5/21 delivery to be exact). I was supposed to pick up a SR (switched to LR after became eligible for tax incentive) last week but was told I couldn’t anymore because trade in does not have a current registration to my name. They put a hold on my account hoping that the registration/plates would be in the mail and I have yet to receive them. Anyone know what I could possibly do? They’re only giving me the 30th to schedule delivery for the new vehicle but I am also out of the country until 7/1.
This happened to me. Just picked mine up 2 days after getting that text.

Peace out to this forum! I’m free!!!

switched from SR SG white int to LR Black white int and picked up today. very fast, great sound system, ZERO complaints. my OD was 4/6/24 and i found this in the inventory and took delivery days after. i know it seems like your DD will never come but trust me there’s a light at the end of the tunnel and it’s worth every second of the wait. uploading more photos tomorrow because i know it helped me while i was waiting 🙏🏾

Attachments

• IMG_0445.jpeg
    IMG_0445.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0432.jpeg
    IMG_0432.jpeg
    448 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0426.jpeg
    IMG_0426.jpeg
    467.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0404.jpeg
    IMG_0404.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 1
Seeing it in person at last, what a great feeling ! The light strip is slightly misaligned like many others, and one rubber seal near the left mirror is a bit off, should be easy to fix.
By the way, quite a lot of white interiors on that parking lot !
It’s a beauty! I’ll consider Red with white interior next time. Just took delivery of my 3rd Tesla M3. Total 10 days from order to delivery: ‘24 Highland M3, RWD SR, LFP battery, White, black interior, 18” photon wheels, south Florida.

Both my previous two model 3s had white interior. But, I’m enjoying the change to black now. White is beautiful but, the novelty and need for that has worn off. Black is totally fine with me.

Quick First Few Days
  • The lack of a stalk for turn signals (indicators) is annoying and potentially distracting. Maybe this annoyance will diminish in time.
  • The other stalk I really miss is (PRND). I’m finding it clumsy to reach for the screen to go from R to D, for example. I’m not liking it and I’m concerned about direction hesitation. Again, hoping this improves - a bit of a safety concern.
  • Definitely more quiet ride.
  • Handling seems a bit tighter, more responsive, smoother ride, nice
  • Better Ultra Wideband iPhone connection/response with the car, Fabuloso!
  • LFP battery wanting to be charged to 100%, 272 miles. I’ll never have an LR again.
  • Cooled, ventilated seats in south FL - a Huge creature comfort!
  • Seats can also be heated.
  • Hands free trunk opening, handy - aided by the UWBand
  • Black interior I like for a change, compliments White exterior
  • My glovebox won’t open, odd malfunction - they’ll fix it.
  • Did I mention I’m not a fan of the stalkless controls?
  • Additional speakers, a better sound noticeable. I play classical for driving, more soothing to manage the south FL driving environment - no turn signals, optional red light stopping.
  • $7,500 Tax Credit reflected in the lease - giant bonus!
Okay that’s all I have for now. Best of luck with your new cars.

Last edited:
If anyone wants a red/white SR 18" wheels, highland. I dropped the vin on it. It wasn't yet delivered to my state yet. I figured for same price I should just upgrade to LR and get the AWD. All prior rear wheel drive vehicles ive had are awkward on snow/ice and im in the midwest. The person on phone was able to adjust the order even though cant be done on my end. I didn't lose fee or original interior pricing. Wish they did something to differentiate SR from LR prices now that rebate equalized them. I actually would prefer LFP battery as ive read they are less fire prone. Im an apartment dweller so I guess not as much to worry in that regard. Im back in queue. My local place has two blue/white LR, Hlnd, one with 18, one 19 tires. Might need to go see if in person view can persuade me away from red. In photos and vids the red grabs my eyes.

Last edited:
Hello all, has anyone charged their LR model 3 all the way to 100% to see what the range is? Mine only has 332 miles, which is lower than the 341 miles it shows on the site.

My previous model 3 was a RWD with LFP battery and at 100% it showed 273 miles, 1 mile more than what Tesla showed.

Nothing to do with the miles it has on it, since I picked up the car on May 4th. Which means it has the LG battery. Which is also frustrating because we all waited so long for this white interior to come out and then a month later the car gets eligible for the tax credit. And FSD transfer is back for another 2 months. Really should have waited till now to purchase the car instead of rushing to order it back in January when the FSD transfer was in place.