Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update : day 2 of ownership
I've been so overwhelmed with all the new adjustments. I've never own an EV before so it's definitely a new lifestyle for me. Day 2 was better. I got used to it quickly. I still get anxious about getting the car scratched and such.

One thing to note is that the windows aren't tinted at all (besides the roof) and I feel sooooo exposed while driving. Everybody can see everything inside bright as day. Definitely going to get it tinted ASAP.
I used a mesh sun shade for the glass roof in my old white interior M3. I have kept it to use it in the new car. Hope the size hasn’t changed.

Reactions: evfangirl and catxi
The new M3 has a really good tint on the roof. I don't feel the heat of the sun come through. I love it! Though..it hasn't been too sunny in Socal the last couple days.
I have noticed if you park out on a sunny day even with temps around 65-70, the “cabin overheat protection” would kick in within an hour or so. (Cabin temp exceeds 100!)

never a dull moment!! Appointment to pick up today @4:00pm.
Now I get this:

“Good afternoon, this is Tesla Delivery reaching out. We are so excited to host your delivery this afternoon but do need some more time with the vehicle before it will be ready.
Please arrive an hour and 30 minutes after your currently scheduled appointment reflecting in your Tesla App for your vehicle.
Thank you for understanding.”

They aren’t giving an updated time..
sounds like they say whatever my appointment is, to come 1 1/2 hours later.
I thought EDD changes were behind me . No, they even have to do it with the delivery appointments!

Last edited:
Things might be rolling out faster now. You might not have to wait as long as we did.
You were so right! I almost feel bad for sharing this since you all have been waiting for so long, but I have been checking Inventory multiple times a day since I found this message thread and last night they had exactly what I ordered 3 hours away from me in Bakersfield CA! I called this morning, and they switched my order to that one that's in stock and I'm taking delivery on Sunday! Only downside is I have to drive 3 hours away to get it, but that's no biggie since I'm looking forward to the drive home!
I think I just got very lucky, but I also think this must mean, just like you said, they are rolling these out faster.
I wouldn't have even thought to check the inventory so much if it wasn't for you all on this thread. I'm so grateful I found you all, I almost wish I was waiting longer to be a part of the great camaraderie you all have here! Almost. ;)

W
You were so right! I almost feel bad for sharing this since you all have been waiting for so long, but I have been checking Inventory multiple times a day since I found this message thread and last night they had exactly what I ordered 3 hours away from me in Bakersfield CA! I called this morning, and they switched my order to that one that's in stock and I'm taking delivery on Sunday! Only downside is I have to drive 3 hours away to get it, but that's no biggie since I'm looking forward to the drive home!
I think I just got very lucky, but I also think this must mean, just like you said, they are rolling these out faster.
I wouldn't have even thought to check the inventory so much if it wasn't for you all on this thread. I'm so grateful I found you all, I almost wish I was waiting longer to be a part of the great camaraderie you all have here! Almost. ;)
Wow! Good for you! Congrats!

I went and finally got the car. It wasn’t pleasant, one employee handling quite a few customers at the same time picking up cars. Was like line up and wait! Once I got to the desk, the paperwork process was fast. They wanted me to pay and do the formalities, but I demanded to see the car before I paid. They agreed . I felt sorry for the guy trying to take care of quite a few pissed off people. He quietly told me he was by himself after all the furloughs, and didn’t know when he would get to go home that evening.
On the positive side the car was in good shape. All I was worried about was the alignment of the panel lights. They were acceptable, the driver side a bit off, but not too bad.

I guess I no longer belong to “White interior waiting room” forum, but I for sure be checking on my comrades in the forum. Thank you all for support and advice . You made the 5 month ordeal kind of fun and pleasant.

Attachments

• IMG_2748.jpeg
    IMG_2748.jpeg
    465.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2747.jpeg
    IMG_2747.jpeg
    471.2 KB · Views: 4
I went and finally got the car. It wasn’t pleasant, one employee handling quite a few customers at the same time picking up cars. Was like line up and wait! Once I got to the desk, the paperwork process was fast. They wanted me to pay and do the formalities, but I demanded to see the car before I paid. They agreed . I felt sorry for the guy trying to take care of quite a few pissed off people. He quietly told me he was by himself after all the furloughs, and didn’t know when he would get to go home that evening.
On the positive side the car was in good shape. All I was worried about was the alignment of the panel lights. They were acceptable, the driver side a bit off, but not too bad.

I guess I no longer belong to “White interior waiting room” forum, but I for sure be checking on my comrades in the forum. Thank you all for support and advice . You made the 5 month ordeal kind of fun and pleasant.
It looks great, congrats! Where in CA did you take delivery? I go to Bakersfield to get mine on Sunday. I paid through the app already. Should I have waited to pay until pickup? I'm leasing though, so it might be different.

Glad you found yours in inventory. The drive home will be so fun!! I've been itching to take mine on a mini road trip ever since I got it.

Reactions: evfangirl

Sucks that your delivery process was unpleasant. But at least you got the car now and the lights look great!
The door on my passenger is slightly off too but it doesn't bother me too much. I'll just have it fixed when something bigger comes up. My driver side was perfect.

Reactions: evfangirl
I have noticed if you park out on a sunny day even with temps around 65-70, the “cabin overheat protection” would kick in within an hour or so. (Cabin temp exceeds 100!)
That's true. It overheated yesterday when it wasnt even that hot outside or sunny. I'm hoping the tint I get will help with this. Thinking of getting the mesh sunroof shade too

EDD updated today from Jul 28-Sept 8 to "Jun-Jul". Getting closer...
Mine as well. From end of June-early Sept, it just changed to Jun-Jul without actual dates. I ordered exactly one month before you. I think it is just random dates. It is unreal that they are assigning VINs for performance, but can't fulfill mid January orders.

Anyone with M3SR tried a long trip yet (over 200-300 miles)? If yes, how was the mile-range?
Lately I am not sure if I should change my order from SR to LR. Almost 70 additional (hypothetical) miles is kind of a lot.
I understand that the in-city range is the same since LR's 80% recommended max charge is the same as SR's 100% recommended charge, but when it comes to road trips, even 50-60 miles more (with AC, etc) is substantial....does it worth the extra $9k though for just long trips and also since the M3 will be our secondary car? 🤔