Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the shade that has little tabs that fit under the trim. The back window stays up by itself without the tabs. The interior actually stays much cooler.
Can you send me a link to this?

Also anyone with white int that tinted their windows, what % tint did you get? I'm getting my tinted soon but idk what's a good shade. I can't do anything too dark bc I have horrible night vision and I was thinking of something like 30% for the front side windows and 20% or 15% for the back side windows.

Also anyone with white int that tinted their windows, what % tint did you get? I'm getting my tinted soon but idk what's a good shade. I can't do anything too dark bc I have horrible night vision and I was thinking of something like 30% for the front side windows and 20% or 15% for the back side windows.
i did 15% all around. i think the white int makes the tint less dark.

• Love
Reactions: catxi and MAPekala
Is it easy to put up and take down, or do you just plan to leave it up for most of the summer?
Super easy. It has a springy frame so it folds in on itself. And you don’t need to put both up either. It’s fold up on it self with a twist when you grab it at opposite corners then twist and then goes into its bag for storage

Super easy. It has a springy frame so it folds in on itself. And you don’t need to put both up either. It’s fold up on it self with a twist when you grab it at opposite corners then twist and then goes into its bag for storage
I've been impressed by how quickly the car cools down when I get in and turn on the climate control. (It's been in the high 80s here and the temperature inside the car reaches 100 easily.) But I suppose it's a good idea to protect the surfaces and the electronics to get a roof (and windshield) sunshade. The magnetic one (from otrifowd.com) doesn't fit the Highland.

Another week with no VIN...Over 4 months of waiting without solid EDD. What a joke!
Here is this week's Fremont video.
A friend of mine got a tesla model y recently. The time it took for him to order and have it delivered was less than 2 weeks. China plant can pump out model 3s pretty fast as well regardless of interior color. It’s mind boggling to me how Tesla is getting a ton of negative press and disappointing quarter performance due to “low EV demand”, and yet they still refuse to take steps to actually start meeting the demand of their hottest new vehicles. If the Fremont Factory is the only factory in North America that produces model 3s, why can’t it be more focused on doing that now? Why can’t the Texas factory start helping out in building model 3s while inventory is overflowing with model ys? I just dont get it.

A friend of mine got a tesla model y recently. The time it took for him to order and have it delivered was less than 2 weeks. China plant can pump out model 3s pretty fast as well regardless of interior color. It’s mind boggling to me how Tesla is getting a ton of negative press and disappointing quarter performance due to “low EV demand”, and yet they still refuse to take steps to actually start meeting the demand of their hottest new vehicles. If the Fremont Factory is the only factory in North America that produces model 3s, why can’t it be more focused on doing that now? Why can’t the Texas factory start helping out in building model 3s while inventory is overflowing with model ys? I just dont get it.
I agree. There are so many gray areas regarding this M3 manufacturing delay, and the unclear EDDs that keep changing. I would prefer to know from day 1 that the EDD is around August for example. In the meantime, Tesla uses the word "estimated" as an excuse. In math/engineering and generally in life, the acceptable margin of error (by experts) usually falls between 4% and 8% at the 95% confidence level. Tesla missed that margin by far. So using the word "estimated" as an excuse is just additional BSing and very disrespectful. It also worries me about their after sales quality of service. Also they can't comprehend that people might be losing money due to the delay. ie renting cars because they sold their previous cars, as the EDD was approaching, etc etc. In my case, I sold my car about a month ago, while my 7th or 8th EDD update was early May to end of May. Now, I have to surrender my custom license plate (FL regulation) within 30 days of the sale, otherwise my driving license will be suspended. That custom plate cost me money!! Not to mention all the inconvenience.
In any event, did anyone else got a VIN yesterday or today? Other than the few CA Standard Range VINs earlier this week, did anyone hear about any more SR VINs being assigned? Also, when are VINs assigned? Is it when a car is fully assembled and passes the final inspection, OR is it once it is loaded on a truck to be transferred to the any specific State? (I believe it is the second case, and that is why some people with later ODs got VINs where as January orders are still pending, meaning logistic issues).

Honestly I wish I could order a Chinese built Tesla in the US. They are so much better built than what they crank out in Fremont or even Austin.

I’ve been running into so many issues ever since I updated the software yesterday. I’ve even restarted the system. The latest issue today is the back right window not properly opening and closing when locking or when pressing venting through vent through the app

I’ve been running into so many issues ever since I updated the software yesterday. I’ve even restarted the system. The latest issue today is the back right window not properly opening and closing when locking or when pressing venting through vent through the app
Yikes. What software version did you upgrade to?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Does anyone know if we are supposed to get the 30 day free trial of FSD with our Model 3 Highland order? I picked up yesterday and it doesn't have FSD. I have the latest software, and get a different answer from everyone. One guy said that the free trial doesn't come with the Model 3, only the Y? The sales guy who I was working with before I ordered said it came with the trial. Anyone else have experience with this or have that expectation like I did?