Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please do not say that. I despise soft-tex, and not only because my wife complained about it so much we traded in our Lexus after one year. Softex is vinyl, and it belongs in a Hyundai (if anywhere.)
I love it. So far it seems to be as durable as cloth and breath as well too, unlike vinyl/leather. It's fairly resistant to spills/stains/pet hair, which aren't strengths for cloth. The only downside for me is the extra cost and it being a little warmer than cloth in the summer, although it's still cooler than vinyl/leather. Granted, I like neoprene as a seat cover too, but yeah, vinyl it ain't.

Reactions: internalaudit
I was really hoping the screen would have been placed on some manner of swivel, giving the driver the option of rotating it for portrait or landscape. The pictures I have seen strongly indicate this is not an option.
It has been stated and shown repeatedly and unequivocally for the past 15+ months that it will be a landscape display.

Correct, I have seen nothing to indicate otherwise. It just felt logical, desirable, and my personal hope was for that element to be a surprise plus at release. I realize it's one of the hot-button topics and you are likely tired of its mere mention. I knew it likely wouldn't be changed to an integrated portrait, but a swivel?- i just wanted to dream.

IMG_2819.JPG
Saw this courtesy of QwiksilverA4 on the Model3OwnersClub... arrows next to the scroll wheels, a la Model S/X.

Reactions: Big-T
Looks like the back of the front seats have a hard plastic backing. Not a fan of that, as a taller guy my knees are always pressing against the back of the front seats, and with hard plastic covers it makes it quite painful after a while.

As a parent of young children my only question is why all seat backs aren't hard plastic.

I don't think you've spent enough time in a bmw 3 series or an audi a4 which are the same price sedan... They are not as good as your imagination or their marketing teams make them out to be. Design wise this interior is above average, especially the rear seats.

This is an honest question because I have never been an entry-luxury sedan buyer and had been relegated to Honda's and Toyota's. How can you tell that the interior, especially the rear seats, are above average and are at least part with those lower-end German vehicles?

So you can tell from the photos and not have to feel or touch them in person? I am not a troll but would love to learn how to distinguish above average from the rest.

Thank you.

• Helpful
Reactions: Stirfelt and S'toon
Correct, I have seen nothing to indicate otherwise. It just felt logical, desirable, and my personal hope was for that element to be a surprise plus at release. I realize it's one of the hot-button topics and you are likely tired of its mere mention. I knew it likely wouldn't be changed to an integrated portrait, but a swivel?- i just wanted to dream.

You aren't the only one. How difficult would it be to put an articulating arm on that "iPad on a stick" design?

• Disagree
Reactions: MTL_HABS1909
A slight 'shift' from the current discussion:

Is the large M3 instrument screen adjustable?
I saw an interior picture of the dash ... and the screen reflection was pronounced. It appeared a slight shift downward would improve the ambient reflection, especially during the day.

It took some Google time but I finally tracked down that Softex is a polymer of urethane rather than vinyl.

That makes me like it so much more. NOT
When people say vinyl they generally mean PVC and it is pretty nasty stuff, especially when you put all the additives in it to keep it from having issues like cracking. Softex is a completely different polymer, made from polyurethanes as you said. Just because something else is also a synthetic polymer doesn't mean it's like vinyl though.

For example Alcantara, which everyone drools over these days it seems, is a polyester/polyurethane blend.

Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq