Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice find. This indicates to me that those little black bits on either side of the scrolll wheels are buttons.

Rather than buttons, maybe you just push on the edge of the scroll wheel and the whole thing tilts / swivels?

Someone mentioned in another thread that the scroll wheel is similar to the left one on the new MDX. That wheel toggles left/right, not separate buttons. You can press the wheel though as one button.
2017_gallery_The_MDX_heated_steering_wheel_warms_your_hands_and_fingers_when_the_weather_turns_cold_INTERIOR_WHEEL.jpg

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/QS/AH/BTZ51717OG/enu/BTZ51717OG.PDF

From manual page 58:
"Steering Wheel Controls
Operate certain functions of the audio system using the steering wheel controls.
Left selector wheel: Roll up or down to adjust volume. Press to mute. Move (or hold) left or right to change stations or tracks."

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SageBrush
Someone mentioned in another thread that the scroll wheel is similar to the left one on the new MDX. That wheel toggles left/right, not separate buttons. You can press the wheel though as one button.
2017_gallery_The_MDX_heated_steering_wheel_warms_your_hands_and_fingers_when_the_weather_turns_cold_INTERIOR_WHEEL.jpg

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/QS/AH/BTZ51717OG/enu/BTZ51717OG.PDF

From manual page 58:
"Steering Wheel Controls
Operate certain functions of the audio system using the steering wheel controls.
Left selector wheel: Roll up or down to adjust volume. Press to mute. Move (or hold) left or right to change stations or tracks."

And here's a shot of the Model S wheel from a Verge article:

IMG_2821.JPG

Based on the changes to the S and X interior options I'm thinking the 3 will not have leather as an option. I'd be fine with this as I like the synthetic white I've seen recently. I will miss the leather smell. I assume the synthetic leather is less expensive and according to the configurator, it's more durable and stain resistant. SN# 007 looks like to have black leather, bet it's synthetic.

Based on the changes to the S and X interior options I'm thinking the 3 will not have leather as an option. I'd be fine with this as I like the synthetic white I've seen recently. I will miss the leather smell. I assume the synthetic leather is less expensive and according to the configurator, it's more durable and stain resistant. SN# 007 looks like to have black leather, bet it's synthetic.
No problem at all.
Leather scent spray cost just a few bucks ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Wshowell
Leather absolutely will be an option.

So, shouldn't we be talking about this now?

All of Tesla’s seat options are now vegan
If the upgrade prices on the Model 3 are similar to what's shown on that sample configuration page, I'd just go with the base Multi-Pattern Black. However, I have a feeling I won't have a choice if I'm going to order as soon as my number comes up rather than deferring until they open up all the configurable options.

If the upgrade prices on the Model 3 are similar to what's shown on that sample configuration page, I'd just go with the base Multi-Pattern Black. However, I have a feeling I won't have a choice if I'm going to order as soon as my number comes up rather than deferring until they open up all the configurable options.
You and me are in the exact same boat. I actually think I prefer the material of the white seats (but not the color) over the leather ones, so it doesn't seem to big a deal to me to pay a little more for them if I get my car sooner.

I don't think you've spent enough time in a bmw 3 series or an audi a4 which are the same price sedan... They are not as good as your imagination or their marketing teams make them out to be. Design wise this interior is above average, especially the rear seats.
And i don't think you have seen any late European models from let's say, VW, Skoda, Renault, Opel. Same price range much higher equipment standard. I am a Tesla fan but at this point you are paying for the electric vs ICE and for the brand. This car is still not a mass production vehicle or else it would have been in the 20-25k USD range. If the M3 ever gets ICE level taxed in Europe it's price would be close to 70-80K USD with a few extras and that means a proper German luxury car.... The only thing that Tesla has for the time being is the tax subsidies and the fact that they had the first proper looking EV cause basically anything else looks ghastly. My E92 BMW 3 series was a 1 year old FULLY equipped car when i bought it in 2014 and in Scandinavia with taxes that are more than 40% of the cars import cost, i still payed less than 45k USD. M3 will start from 45K with the most basic equipment for cold climate market plus a few gimmicks and it is nowhere near the car i have. Still love the M3 like i love a baby panda trying to make it's new steps but you have to be a fanboy (or girl) to see past the over-inflated tag vs the ICE competition.

With that being said i am purchasing a MS soon and i have already pre-ordered a M3. But the main factor for that purchase is that MS is at a good development stage now and M3 will be when i get it ( late 2018 ). I would not want to be early adopter of these cars, not with this price tag. Like Elon said, thank you all early adopters for making this dream possible for the rest of us :)