Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 key fob finally coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again, iPhone as key works great. Already had it with me, didn't need to get it out of my other pair of pants. Don't like fobs

-Randy

The argument would be not everyone uses iPhone and the function doesn't work perfectly for Android users unfortunately.

And in Canada, summon doesn't work at all regardless software or phone type, so those that purchased EAP are missing an adverised feature....also note that the fine print for EAP did say some features depend on approval by the jurisdiction/government the car is sold into....but made no mention that you would have to spend additional money on top of EAP to enable all features.

This is where I have an issue. I knew EAP needed a FOB when I bought it, and I knew tesla was designing a FOB, so in my simple (and selfish) assessment, I should get 2 FOBs for free. :rolleyes:

And in Canada, summon doesn't work at all regardless software or phone type, so those that purchased EAP are missing an adverised feature....also note that the fine print for EAP did say some features depend on approval by the jurisdiction/government the car is sold into....but made no mention that you would have to spend additional money on top of EAP to enable all features.

This is where I have an issue. I knew EAP needed a FOB when I bought it, and I knew tesla was designing a FOB, so in my simple (and selfish) assessment, I should get 2 FOBs for free. :rolleyes:

I was't counting on Tesla releasing a FOB when I added EAP. However, now that Tesla has a solution to comply with government regulations for an prominently advertised feature, they should give all Model 3 EAP owners a free/highly subsidized keyfob.

Musk has tweeted that they are aiming to release summon for Canada next week. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 9.47.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 9.47.57 PM.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Informative
Reactions: Falkirk