Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also - A question on the centre caps that Tesla sell for the 18'' aero wheels... Seems that they're sold out on the Tesla website. Any idea where else I can get them?
You mean these ones - they are showing in stock for me at the moment.

Directly from Tesla is the only way to get the genuine ones, but there are plenty of third party options available on Amazon etc.

So for those following Vanarama news... I placed my order last week and today signed all the docs. One of these has my reg plate (plate is AK71...).

Today I get a text from Tesla saying 'Your Tesla with ...... is nearly here!'. Now I'd previously been told by Vanarama that it would be mid Jan. But then on some of the docs with ALD suggest a delivery date of.... tomorrow.

Soooo... what should I expect??
Quick update for Vanarama order folks. I called them asking if they had a RN number expecting a don’t know what that is or no don’t have - they confirmed this over the phone. Called Tesla - decent bloke - and he confirmed delivery for the 18th Dec. Perfect a Saturday and it will be driven to me. Strange thing is the car is in Southampton - was registered down there and driven to Leicester, probably via the A43 and within a mile of my house to Leicester only for it to return south again. Tesla rep also said for the car to have a reg no already it is in the country. Suspect I might have taken someone’s cancelled order? Or maybe ALD have a batch allocated to them that they need to shift? Seems Vanarama still have a LR blue and black in stock. Tesla rep also said the cars must be delivered by the end of December - none will do so in Jan. I haven’t however received a text confirming this as they have apparently done a bulk order with the transporter company as oppose to asking individual customers to confirm their dates. Would prefer this in writing / text though!!

Another update for Vanarama folks:

I just got a text saying my delivery is next Monday!
Tesla Update - Congratulations! Your Model 3 is due for delivery on Monday, 13 December. Deliveries are made between 8am and the end of the day. Please REPLY with your full address to receive confirmation of your delivery

I replied, and got a response confirming delivery with my address within 5 minutes.

Full timeline:
  • October 25th - Signed up for the deal
  • November 2nd - Lease finance documents signed
  • November 15th - Submitted my EV application (uploaded pictures etc)
  • 26th November - RN received
  • 3rd December - "Tesla nearly here" message
  • 7th December - "Tesla delivery message"
  • 7th December EV application update (need to upload more pictures)

Another update for Vanarama folks:

I just got a text saying my delivery is next Monday!

I replied, and got a response confirming delivery with my address within 5 minutes.

Full timeline:
  • October 25th - Signed up for the deal
  • November 2nd - Lease finance documents signed
  • November 15th - Submitted my EV application (uploaded pictures etc)
  • 26th November - RN received
  • 3rd December - "Tesla nearly here" message
  • 7th December - "Tesla delivery message"
  • 7th December EV application update (need to upload more pictures)
Very jealous.

My time line...

October 25th - ordered on Tesla website
November 3rd - Tesla called to sort out ALD lease
Then.... nothing

Called CS earlier this week to be told my car is still awaiting assignment. Apparently if it's not in the next two weeks, it will be February

sorry for the ignorance, but where is the loot box? i may have the miles, i'm just not sure where to look for them (and not used a SC yet). Ordered about 3/4 days before they stopped the free miles.
If you press on your profile image in the top right corner on the app, it should take you to your account where you can see inbox, settings etc and loot box should be in that list

Presumably the process is different if you select business lease through ALD. I've never received any texts from Tesla, but today I had an agreement to sign which had a registration number on it showing date of first registration in 2 days time. I guess that means the car is in the UK already? :)

Presumably the process is different if you select business lease through ALD. I've never received any texts from Tesla, but today I had an agreement to sign which had a registration number on it showing date of first registration in 2 days time. I guess that means the car is in the UK already? :)
I’m doing a personal lease via ALD and am yet to receive any text messages from Tesla To date. Hope they will start coming through now that I have signed the lease agreement.

Reactions: Squibbly
I’m doing a personal lease via ALD and am yet to receive any text messages from Tesla To date. Hope they will start coming through now that I have signed the lease agreement.
I've had the 'nearly here' message though have been told by Vanarama to expect delivery around 10th Jan. So not really sure what to believe.

You mentioned that you spoke to Tesla regarding your car recently - do you mind me asking which number you contacted them on?

I've had the 'nearly here' message though have been told by Vanarama to expect delivery around 10th Jan. So not really sure what to believe.

You mentioned that you spoke to Tesla regarding your car recently - do you mind me asking which number you contacted them on?
I called them on the number as confirmed in the tread. However when I spoke with the CS agent he said all the deliveries must be made in December so I doubt it will roll over to the 10th Jan. Then again Vanarama are advising 4-6 weeks for delivery from signing up to the deal. Then again confusingly my agreement has a registration date of 24th Dec and delivery 4th Jan? Not sure who to believe. Tesla CS said I haven’t received any messages due to delivery’s being, in my case, block booked with delivery company? I’m a little sceptical as to when I will really get the M3.

So I have just received my RN - what’s next?
A lot of waiting, hoping, checking, stalking of cargo ships, waiting some more, reading these forums, watching YouTube videos, and did I mention waiting?

Then You’ll get a text from Tesla saying a vehicle has been allocated and your delivery date is being calculated.

Cue more waiting, hoping, checking, stalking of cargo ships, reading these forums, watching YouTube videos.

Then you’ll get a text with a delivery date followed by a text with a VIN and Reg No, and all your waiting is over.

So you’ll constantly check your phone for texts or emails from Tesla, check the ship tracking website of your choice to make sure that the ship you THINK your car is on hasn’t sunk, read these forums to see how peoples deliveries are going nowadays etc etc etc.

Has anyone had any luck getting an additional driver added? I've spoken to my broker who say they can't do it and to speak to Santander (the owner/financer). I've spoken to them and they said they had no idea what I was talking about.