Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for posting here... I know this is for UK members, but since this thread is related to lease cars, maybe you can help me. Maybe some of you has been in the same situation as I will be next week.

Next week Im picking up my lease car. As far as I know I won't be able to use the app until the lease company grant me access to the app. It can take several days. So, I was wondering how can I charge in the superchargers if no credit card is linked to the car or account? Will the car on the main screen ask for add a credit card?

I've been trying to find out this information but no success..
Afternoon hope all is well.
I can only speak on behalf of my leasing company with is Lex Autolease. I will be picking up my car on the 25th March and Lex have told me that they will email me an acceptance of delivery form which I just need to sign and mail back to them. They then said the app will be activated within the next hour or so after receipt.

I would assume that other companies would be similar. I would be very shocked if it took several days.

Can I just clarify my understanding of something here, I am pretty sure of myself but just want to check.

I have a lease Car coming later this month on a 6+47 profile. So my understanding is that the first payment will be 6 months worth, £3k in my case, but that this will include the first months payment? So day of delivery I basically pay that 6 months and then the first ‘normal’ payment is at the start of month 2?

Can I just clarify my understanding of something here, I am pretty sure of myself but just want to check.

I have a lease Car coming later this month on a 6+47 profile. So my understanding is that the first payment will be 6 months worth, £3k in my case, but that this will include the first months payment? So day of delivery I basically pay that 6 months and then the first ‘normal’ payment is at the start of month 2?

Yup - I'd read that as an Initial Payment that is equivalent to 6 regular payments followed by 47 regular monthly payments.

Sorry for posting here... I know this is for UK members, but since this thread is related to lease cars, maybe you can help me. Maybe some of you has been in the same situation as I will be next week.

Next week Im picking up my lease car. As far as I know I won't be able to use the app until the lease company grant me access to the app. It can take several days. So, I was wondering how can I charge in the superchargers if no credit card is linked to the car or account? Will the car on the main screen ask for add a credit card?

I've been trying to find out this information but no success..
I’m UK based and got my car delivered yesterday -

App not connected at this point and battery was low so just drove straight to the supercharger, plugged her in and was fine - didn’t ask for anything and just charged right up - app was only activated this morning

Hope that helps

Reactions: Scab
Hi All - not sure if anyone can help

I took delivery of my M3P yesterday and app was all activated within about 4 hours - the only tab that is not there is the Charge Stats?

The Car is on a lease - does anyone have one on a lease and have the car stats section as have read that this is only available to the registered keeper?

Hi All - not sure if anyone can help

I took delivery of my M3P yesterday and app was all activated within about 4 hours - the only tab that is not there is the Charge Stats?

The Car is on a lease - does anyone have one on a lease and have the car stats section as have read that this is only available to the registered keeper?
Can’t get charge stats on a lease .

Reactions: Dukemarkjohn
Hi everyone.
Tesla Model 3 LR / MSM / Black / Aero ordered on 18th Feb. Received RN number immediately.
Elected to pay via Business Contract Hire via ALD.
I haven't heard a whisper from ALD in 4 weeks, despite a couple of attempts at contact.
I've completed the draft finance application, there are no further actions I need to take on my Tesla account.
Also, does my car just get 'ordered' the normal way and come on a ship from Shanghai before going to ALD in advance of its delivery to me?
My question to you guys is - has anyone else had experience with ALD or know how they operate?
My EDD has moved twice a week for four weeks, app currently states August delivery.
Thanks all.

Hi everyone.
Tesla Model 3 LR / MSM / Black / Aero ordered on 18th Feb. Received RN number immediately.
Elected to pay via Business Contract Hire via ALD.
I haven't heard a whisper from ALD in 4 weeks, despite a couple of attempts at contact.
I've completed the draft finance application, there are no further actions I need to take on my Tesla account.
Also, does my car just get 'ordered' the normal way and come on a ship from Shanghai before going to ALD in advance of its delivery to me?
My question to you guys is - has anyone else had experience with ALD or know how they operate?
My EDD has moved twice a week for four weeks, app currently states August delivery.
Thanks all.
I ordered mine through ALD (business finance). Getting delivered next week and still not heard anything from them. Have approached tesla direct for my updates.

All gets ordered the same way, so shipped over with anyone paying directly to Tesla

I could pick mine up from the NEC but offered delivery the same day so took that option. But doesn't go to ALD first. Straight to you.

I ordered mine through ALD (business finance). Getting delivered next week and still not heard anything from them. Have approached tesla direct for my updates.

All gets ordered the same way, so shipped over with anyone paying directly to Tesla

I could pick mine up from the NEC but offered delivery the same day so took that option. But doesn't go to ALD first. Straight to you.

Thanks Lee, appreciate your help!

I did manage to make contact with ALD (on Twitter), but they're very, very hands off, like you said.

I've had email contact from ALD, they do take a bit of time to reply, but all very thorough. According to them, once the order is placed, they then wait for Tesla to assign a Registration to the car, Tesla notify ALD who email us to log into the account to sign the e-sign the contract, set up the DD and make the advance payment. Tesla then make contact directly to arrange collection.

I've had clarification on modifications.

"We would like to confirm any modifications or ancillary equipment fitted to ALD Automotive vehicles would be at your own cost and includes the responsibility and cost of restoring the vehicle to its original condition should you decide to remove any additional equipment.

Should the vehicle not be returned in this condition, ALD Automotive will levy a charge for rectification and repair of any damage.

As any post-delivery modification is outside the jurisdiction of ALD Automotive we will not be responsible for any additional costs, downtime, loss of use, and legal responsibilities as a result of fitment of such equipment.

This also extends to any situation where warranty or goodwill is rejected where any costs will not be accepted by ALD Automotive (trading as Polestar Leasing) and directed to the customer.

A list of typical modifications and equipment covered include (but not limited to) are:

• Any vehicle signage
• Vehicle “wrapping”
• Air conditioning
• Satellite Navigation and or Bluetooth equipment
• Parking sensors
• Engine modifications
• Modifications to the vehicles interior, including upholstery
• Tow bars. Any tow bar fitted must conform to European Directive 94/20/EC, and we advise that you refer to the manufacturers’ handbook for vehicle specific towing restrictions.

Please confirm to us by email when the performance upgrade from Tesla has been completed on this lease vehicle.

In addition, regarding Tesla over the air upgrades, we provide blanket approval for these.

ALD have authorised Tesla to action these type of upgrades and so in the first instance you will need to contact your local Tesla Service Centre.

You will need to purchase the upgrade direct from Tesla and pay in full using the Tesla App; the cost of the upgrade cannot be added to the monthly cost.

Any upgrades purchased will remain with the car at the end of the contract and is non-transferable or refundable."

Hi everyone, in the absence of a Model Y UK leasing thread, I thought I’d post here, hope this is ok!

I am currently just under 2 years into a 4 year PCP with BMW finance on an X3 and am in positive equity due to high prices in the 2nd hand car market and my BMW dealer wanting to buy the car from me as they can’t get new cars.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, I am considering swapping out to a Model Y LR lease. I’ve had quotes from Riverdale and Vanarama with the Vanarama quote being approx £10 per month more but including 1 years insurance and a charger.

Has anyone had experience leasing a Tesla with these two companies and is happy to comment on their experience? Also, any other leasing companies who I should consider?

Thank you.

Reactions: tr!x
Hi everyone, in the absence of a Model Y UK leasing thread, I thought I’d post here, hope this is ok!

I am currently just under 2 years into a 4 year PCP with BMW finance on an X3 and am in positive equity due to high prices in the 2nd hand car market and my BMW dealer wanting to buy the car from me as they can’t get new cars.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, I am considering swapping out to a Model Y LR lease. I’ve had quotes from Riverdale and Vanarama with the Vanarama quote being approx £10 per month more but including 1 years insurance and a charger.

Has anyone had experience leasing a Tesla with these two companies and is happy to comment on their experience? Also, any other leasing companies who I should consider?

Thank you.
I've taken out my first ever lease with vanarama and I genuinely cannot fault them.

I am very keen to get Members feed back on UK leasing. Is your Vanarama lease business or personal ?
I have gone through ALD on a business lease. No communication at all other than emails asking for details and then payment. But Tesla have been great.

The process has been really easy and taken no more than a few hours of time all together.

Now the car is 12 minutes from being delivered to my door.

Not much more I could ask to be honest.

I have gone through ALD on a business lease. No communication at all other than emails asking for details and then payment. But Tesla have been great.

The process has been really easy and taken no more than a few hours of time all together.

Nice one, mine is due tomorrow.

How long ago did you get your link to track it?

Wow! It will now be in your keeping. Congratulation!