Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've secured a business lease, thanks to this forum, with pink vehicles on the performance Model 3. Went for two years and 10k miles per annum which has been my limit with existing business leases and works fine for my usage. Aiming for a Sept delivery or should that be pick-up? :)
Just need to sort a charger next and I think I'm going to stick with the Tesla own brand. I know it doesn't come under the grant but I have an electrician friend who can install it for me and the charger will go through the business anyway. Exciting times ahead!
Have pink given you a RN from Tesla yet? I'm still waiting for mine 1 week later....

emailed them yesterday and again today...still waiting for an RN number from DE
you can get that yourself , If you have registered on tesla website with same email address you gave to Pink. you will recieve your order - RN number

I registered with the address I gave DE but it hasn’t linked to my account :(

I’m still waiting on an RN number from them, taken a week so far...

I got really excited a couple of days ago as I got an email from Tesla.

Didn’t last long as it was a response to an email that I had long forgotten I had sent. Nearly a month and half to reply.

Don’t hold your breadth for a quick response.

Great response time from them then :)

This is the leasing company I am waiting on though not Tesla, I would have thought they'd have the RN number from when they ordered the car (just like I would have if i ordered it directly with Tesla) and put it on my file but I guess thats not the case otherwise I would have had it quite quickly.

I've just made an application for the lease of a Model 3 Performance on a 24 month contract with Octopus EV (with help from DaveW - thanks Dave!)

I think leasing make more sense for me at the moment. If I bought the car outright I'd be looking to keep it for a minimum of five years, and I think the EV landscape will be very different long before then. Tesla undoubtedly produce the most advanced EVs at the moment, but I don't subscribe to the point of view that this will inevitably continue in the future. Jaguar have just announced that the electric XJ will be built in Britain. The VW Group are investing $91 billion in EV development and aim to have 70 different EV models across all their marques available by 2028. Most major manufacturers are somewhat behind on EV development but I'm convinced this is going to change rapidly in quite a short space of time. And they can poach talent from Tesla - the company has lost three Vice Presidents in the last 10 days.

So I'm looking forward to getting my leased M3 in a couple of months, and getting something much improved in a couple of years.

Reactions: DaveW
I've just made an application for the lease of a Model 3 Performance on a 24 month contract with Octopus EV (with help from DaveW - thanks Dave!)

I think leasing make more sense for me at the moment. If I bought the car outright I'd be looking to keep it for a minimum of five years, and I think the EV landscape will be very different long before then. Tesla undoubtedly produce the most advanced EVs at the moment, but I don't subscribe to the point of view that this will inevitably continue in the future. Jaguar have just announced that the electric XJ will be built in Britain. The VW Group are investing $91 billion in EV development and aim to have 70 different EV models across all their marques available by 2028. Most major manufacturers are somewhat behind on EV development but I'm convinced this is going to change rapidly in quite a short space of time. And they can poach talent from Tesla - the company has lost three Vice Presidents in the last 10 days.

So I'm looking forward to getting my leased M3 in a couple of months, and getting something much improved in a couple of years.

I would just treat the M3 like any other new car model. Something better will inevitably come along in the future, but I wouldn't expect anything radical to happen in the next couple of years. Do you seriously think VW will hit the EV market with products that would make all their ICE cars obsolete overnight? Tesla still have a free run as long as everyone else is still totally dependent on their ICE sales. A lot of those EV models VW are talking up will be ICE hybrids in reality anyway. Anyway for all the talk of Tesla killers, here we are in mid 2019 with no direct M3 competitors, especially at the Performance level. Model S and X are still very much performance, efficiency and tech benchmarks too, despite their relative old age.

• Love
Reactions: EVMeister
No, I don't expect a huge amount of change in the next couple of years, though there will be incremental developments such as increased range. After that, though, I don't think we should underestimate the speed of development, or presume that current major ICE manufacturers will try to slow down development to protect their current cars. They can see the inevitable. As an example, from this year ALL Volvo cars will be either mild hybrid, hybrid or fully electric, and 50% of their cars will be fully electric in just 5/6 years. That's fast change.

Yes, at the moment Tesla are still at the forefront in terms of performance, efficiency and tech, but they fall behind in other areas. My Audi A6 knocks the M3 into a cocked hat in terms of build quality, comfort and the way it generally cossets the driver and passengers. It's 3L V6 engine is virtually silent at 80mph, and there is very little tyre or wind noise either. Potholes just get soaked up. At 80mph the tyre noise from the M3 is very intrusive (if you're used to a virtually silent car), even on the 18" wheels, and there is also a loud whistle of wind around the doors.

Still, I'm really looking forward to getting my M3. My next car in two years time may well be another Tesla. But let's face it, no one knows what the EV landscape will look like in 2024. All I know is that it will be very different to today. My ideal would be an all electric A6 with Tesla equalling tech but the far superior Audi build quality and comfort.

But let's face it, no one knows what the EV landscape will look like in 2024. All I know is that it will be very different to today.

When I got my Leaf in 2015 I thought the same about 2020, we are just 6 months away from 2020 and the only EVs I see regularly on the roads are Tesla/Leaf/Zoes/i3s, basically the same as in 2015.

I think on 2024 things will almost be identical to now. I certainly given up on the idea mass EV adoption will happen any time soon in the UK.

I see plenty of brand new RR sport/Cayenne/RS cars at nursery pick up, our Tesla remains the only EV, despite JLR/Audi/Merc now all offering EVs which are cheaper to buy some combustion cars.

Remember 3D TVs?? It doesn't matter how much the industry pushes something, if consumers don't buy than thats that.

There is a natural path most people take when getting into EVs....

1) Curiosity to buy an EV.
2) Loving how good an EV is to drive.
3) Optimism EVs will soon be every where - I think your at this stage.
4) Realisation EVs still cannot fully replace combustion cars - Your get to this stage in winter, when trying to do a long distance work trip with no time to stop.
5) Acceptance most people just don't want an EV - Am not fully at this stage.
6)????? - Not got there yet

Personally I think EVs will remain a niche product in the UK for a long while yet, I've long given up trying to persuade others to try EVs. I love our X, I wouldn't buy another combustion car, but that's just me the odd ball at work who bought an electric car, just this week some one asked me if the batteries in the car had worn out yet!!:).

Last edited:
OctopusEV have some good deals if you do higher mileage ? I quoted 20k miles but it turned out cheaper to do 10k miles and pay the 4.44p per mile excess up to 10k miles over contract. Is there a reason you think they’re cheaper? Are these prices final or might they change? And do you have to reserve a car on tesla’s Website first before going through leasing company?

OctopusEV have some good deals if you do higher mileage ? I quoted 20k miles but it turned out cheaper to do 10k miles and pay the 4.44p per mile excess up to 10k miles over contract. Is there a reason you think they’re cheaper? Are these prices final or might they change? And do you have to reserve a car on tesla’s Website first before going through leasing company?

Don’t forget it’s 4.4p for the first 10k, then 6.6p after, I’ve made an online calculator to help with it if you want me to ping you the link.

I’ve signed my contract with them now with those prices stated, so can’t see how they’d change it.

You can either order yourself, or they can order for you, if they do it you don’t have to find and extra £2k for the order.

Don’t forget it’s 4.4p for the first 10k, then 6.6p after, I’ve made an online calculator to help with it if you want me to ping you the link.

I’ve signed my contract with them now with those prices stated, so can’t see how they’d change it.

You can either order yourself, or they can order for you, if they do it you don’t have to find and extra £2k for the order.
Yes so that’s for the first 10k miles. So I was comparing 20k vs 10k and it works out better to go for 10k per annum and pay the excess as needed. Does your calculator include any options? I am trying to run through a couple of quotes but I feel odd emailing them with each and every one of them.

Hey All,

Just wanted to let you all know.... the PCP option is now LIVE directly on the Tesla site.

I just re-applied, assuming it wasn't "officially LIVE" prior to it being linked to Tesla. Got sub £400 a month deal.

Be very happy if anyone would be willing to use my referral code... Free Supercharger Miles

All the best with your orders

Regards
Deano

Yes so that’s for the first 10k miles. So I was comparing 20k vs 10k and it works out better to go for 10k per annum and pay the excess as needed. Does your calculator include any options? I am trying to run through a couple of quotes but I feel odd emailing them with each and every one of them.

Sadly you’ll still need the quotes first, I’ve been recommending to people to get three quotes, one for 5k miles, one for your actual miles and one in between. You’ll need to know what spec / version / options you want first though. The calc then works out total cost, per mile, how much you’ll owe on Xs miles etc..

I’d ring them up rather than email, run through your options quickly over the phone, Cyril was really helpful with me and others I’ve shared his details with :)

Sadly you’ll still need the quotes first, I’ve been recommending to people to get three quotes, one for 5k miles, one for your actual miles and one in between. You’ll need to know what spec / version / options you want first though. The calc then works out total cost, per mile, how much you’ll owe on Xs miles etc..

I’d ring them up rather than email, run through your options quickly over the phone, Cyril was really helpful with me and others I’ve shared his details with :)

Can you DM me her email? I’ll ring them up too on Monday as I have no reception atm. Do you get anything if I say you referred me?