Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
zen.auto seems to be even cheaper than that. I’m comparing quite a few different companies and they seem to be the best so far. Have a look

Thanks for the recommendation. I went to both Frontier and Zen.Auto as Octopus came back with prices that really weren't good.

Frontier has (at 12k mi per annum):
£450pcm x35, £3,144 deposit for 36 months
£150 fee

Zen.Auto has (at 12k mi per annum):
£441pcm x35, £3,250 deposit for 36 months
£199 fee

I'm swaying toward Frontier - family owned broker and Damien on the phone seemed a nice guy.

Reactions: anon37485
Thanks for the recommendation. I went to both Frontier and Zen.Auto as Octopus came back with prices that really weren't good.

Frontier has (at 12k mi per annum):
£450pcm x35, £3,144 deposit for 36 months
£150 fee

Zen.Auto has (at 12k mi per annum):
£441pcm x35, £3,250 deposit for 36 months
£199 fee

I'm swaying toward Frontier - family owned broker and Damien on the phone seemed a nice guy.

What’s the excess mileage?
Zen auto states it on the website but frontier doesn’t. Did they say anything on the phone?

For me at 15k miles, zen auto is £30 cheaper a month

I ordered through octopus on 8/7/19, no reservation, initially p- Black with no other options but then agreed to upgrade to p+ free of charge. The upgrade hasn’t come through yet on my Tesla account but overnight i’ve received a vin and an estimated delivery range of 8-15/9/19. Seems like having a reservation has made no discernible difference and people can expect a 2 month waiting period. Now to just get them to change my order!

I ordered through octopus on 8/7/19, no reservation, initially p- Black with no other options but then agreed to upgrade to p+ free of charge. The upgrade hasn’t come through yet on my Tesla account but overnight i’ve received a vin and an estimated delivery range of 8-15/9/19. Seems like having a reservation has made no discernible difference and people can expect a 2 month waiting period. Now to just get them to change my order!
Who sent you the estimated delivery date Tesla/Octopus/SG Fleet?

That sounds like a lease company ETA, Tesla seem to be giving dates when they know the cars are on route / close.

Last time i checked with DriveElectric they said Tesla are sticking to August for delivery of their cars, seeing as I havent heard from them yet its looking like late August which is fine at the moment becuase im expanding our drive way and dont have a charger yet.

That sounds like a lease company ETA, Tesla seem to be giving dates when they know the cars are on route / close.

Last time i checked with DriveElectric they said Tesla are sticking to August for delivery of their cars, seeing as I havent heard from them yet its looking like late August which is fine at the moment becuase im expanding our drive way and dont have a charger yet.

No it will be a delivery estimate for the P- that tesla still think has been ordered. If the account still shows the P- it has not been updated and Tesla are expecting to deliver a P-. I have the same situation.

I have a question regarding FSD ordering.

I have what I think is a decent quote for leasing a P3+ or whatever its called nowadays. Adding FSD with this particular leasing company adds the most per month of the various quotes I've got, close to £200. Over the term it adds up to over £6300. As an aside I don't know why different lease companies charge a different amount for a fixed price option, but there you go.

Man maths wise I can reconcile spending £5800 before delivery myself, but I don't want to run the risk of finding out that because it wasn't ordered at the start that it's now over £7000 odd (I don't know if that's still the case or not).

I'm also a bit anxious that if Tesla raise the price of FSD on August 16th as has been claimed on Twitter. On the basis that I presume I woiuldn't see the car in my account until beyond that if I'm ordering it through a lease company, I don't want to be in a position where when it shows up in my account it's suddenly an extra £1000 or something.

Thoughts?

If your lease is less than (wet finger in the air) 4 years I wouldn't bother with FSD unless you are happy with some klunky minor features - but that may change when we see what mid August update promises - time frame could shorten, or lengthen.

Last edited:
Well, the finance company backing it is amenable to buying the car at the end - which I would have the capital to do, or extending the lease (I don't know how that works with monthlies), so if FSD really does get good then I wouldn't be averse to getting it now, especially if Musk follows through with the threat of price rises.

I'm more concerned about the variability of FSD pricing in the short term. If I do it through the lease agreement up front then I'm effectively paying just over £540 in finance charges. If I don't get it now, and the price goes up on August 16th or in the near future, then when I have access to the car in my Tesla account it might cost more than £540 on top to get it...

@Matt125 or anyone else that leased through driveelectric had any news about delivery yet?

I’m with DE. I had a text from Tesla at 13.00 today with a Friday 9th pick up from heathrow. Great short notice. DE knew nothing, but did confirm finance is in place so just turn up and drive away! I had a final invoice at around 19.00 this evening. No mention of the initial £3000 down payment though.

Now to arrange transport from Bristol to London

I’m with DE. I had a text from Tesla at 13.00 today with a Friday 9th pick up from heathrow. Great short notice. DE knew nothing, but did confirm finance is in place so just turn up and drive away! I had a final invoice at around 19.00 this evening. No mention of the initial £3000 down payment though.

Why would you be collecting from London when there is a Tesla in Bristol? Is Bristol pickup not an option?

Why would you be collecting from London when there is a Tesla in Bristol? Is Bristol pickup not an option?

Unfortunately Bristol SC is too small and not equipped. My only two options for delivery when I ordered were Birmingham and Heathrow. Technically Bham is closer to me, but a few people said Heathrow would be a safer bet for pick up.

Exited now, this is getting real!

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel

They wont give me the RN number so the order isnt linked to my Tesla account so I wont be getting a text from Tesla which is quite annoying.

Ill give them a chase today then and see if they have heard anything about mine. Be fine if they say mine is ready for tomorrow because i already have the day off :) the weather is looking bad for tomorrow so i wont be able to do what i wanted to anyway.

Good luck with your collection tomorrow, what did you go for?

I received my updated contract from Octopus/SG Fleet on Tuesday and emailed it straight back. I did ask that, as this was an update to a contract I'd signed three weeks ago, if the 12 day cooling off period could be waived, but I haven't heard anything back. So I've no idea when I'll get my car - I'm guessing September if I'm lucky but more likely October.

I received my updated contract from Octopus/SG Fleet on Tuesday and emailed it straight back. I did ask that, as this was an update to a contract I'd signed three weeks ago, if the 12 day cooling off period could be waived, but I haven't heard anything back. So I've no idea when I'll get my car - I'm guessing September if I'm lucky but more likely October.

They were quite clear with me that as it is a new agreement the 12 day rule applies and that if my car arrived in that period I would not be able to pick it up. Has your order change appeared in your Tesla account yet? Still waiting for mine to show up. Not sure what I will do if I get a call to say my old order is ready for collection