Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies for the noob questions but I received my email from Tesla with the Reservation Number on it (I’m leasing via LeasePlan). My account with Tesla is active now as well.
What happens next? The email has a list of links to click, one of which is Confirm Delivery Location, if I click on that it just takes me to my account page. Nowhere can I see a delivery location option

Apologies for the noob questions but I received my email from Tesla with the Reservation Number on it (I’m leasing via LeasePlan). My account with Tesla is active now as well.
What happens next? The email has a list of links to click, one of which is Confirm Delivery Location, if I click on that it just takes me to my account page. Nowhere can I see a delivery location option

As far as I’m aware Big_G the delivery location is decided by Tesla dependent on your location. I have only learnt this from my leasing broker as the fields on the account page are all blank as I expect are yours. I have been given an estimated date as in November. Following the threads here it seems that there is no firm date given until only a few days before delivery and some have been offered a different location if there is a car there that meets their spec.

I am going through Leaseplan and have the same. I suspect , with third party leases, the RN is split between a Leaseplan account and yourself, with them having control of certain things and eventually it passes over totally to you.

I unfortunately had to cancel my Tesla yesterday due to some unforeseen circumstances (gutted).

On a weird note, I’ve been told repeatedly that it’s late October delivery / November delivery... until I cancelled then I get a direct call from Tesla saying they could have me one by the end of the week

I unfortunately had to cancel my Tesla yesterday due to some unforeseen circumstances (gutted).

On a weird note, I’ve been told repeatedly that it’s late October delivery / November delivery... until I cancelled then I get a direct call from Tesla saying they could have me one by the end of the week

Sorry to hear you had to cancel, I can imagine it must be hard to do but to then have them phoning up to offer you an earlier slot is rubbing salt in to it... how bizarre is this process?

Sorry to hear you had to cancel, I can imagine it must be hard to do but to then have them phoning up to offer you an earlier slot is rubbing salt in to it... how bizarre is this process?

One of the hardest calls / emails I’ve had to make. They called as apparently they’ve had a lot of lease cancellations where people are purchasing outright, or due to the timing issues.

One of the hardest calls / emails I’ve had to make. They called as apparently they’ve had a lot of lease cancellations where people are purchasing outright, or due to the timing issues.

I can see that could be an issue but wouldn’t it be more efficient to make the process more transparent then people may not be cancelling? I’ve been given November as a date extended from a potential Sept/Oct. I didn’t think this was too excessive but the lack of info is annoying. Can’t see why leasing should be different timings though...

I'm using leaseplan to get my M3, is anyone else a bit worried about the potential 10% import tax cost for a no deal Brexit, if the car is delivered after the 31st October?

Also, I got my RN number on the 14th Sept, emailed leaseplan and was told likely delivery for mine is the end of December. It's a SR+ white and black, nothing out of the ordinary there. Does this sound right?

I'm using leaseplan to get my M3, is anyone else a bit worried about the potential 10% import tax cost for a no deal Brexit, if the car is delivered after the 31st October?

Also, I got my RN number on the 14th Sept, emailed leaseplan and was told likely delivery for mine is the end of December. It's a SR+ white and black, nothing out of the ordinary there. Does this sound right?

Yup. I ordered on the 26th of July and am still yet to get to get a VIN. Bit of a lottery by the looks of things. The guy who used my referral code got his car before me. I was told October a couple of weeks ago, but I’m waiting from an update via my broker (also with LeasePlan) as `I’ve heard there are no more boats for a long long time.

Yup. I ordered on the 26th of July and am still yet to get to get a VIN. Bit of a lottery by the looks of things. The guy who used my referral code got his car before me. I was told October a couple of weeks ago, but I’m waiting from an update via my broker (also with LeasePlan) as `I’ve heard there are no more boats for a long long time.
Are you worried about the possible cost of the import tax increase on your car if it doesn't come in October? I don't know enough about it too know if I should be worried or not.

My order is also SR+ white/black, Leaseplan told me delivery is likely mid to late October. Bizarre

Are you worried about the possible cost of the import tax increase on your car if it doesn't come in October? I don't know enough about it too know if I should be worried or not.

I could be wrong, but I believe US cars imported into the EU are already subject to a 10% tariff. So if the UK leaves the EU, as long as Tesla can ship direct to the UK, the 10% WTO tariff will be no worse than at present.

WTO rules will of course impact any cars from the continent that currently reach our shores tariff free. So in my mind, the UK exiting the EU will put Tesla at a cost advantage in the UK compared to EU manufacturers, assuming Tesla can ship direct to the UK.

I could be wrong, but I believe US cars imported into the EU are already subject to a 10% tariff. So if the UK leaves the EU, as long as Tesla can ship direct to the UK, the 10% WTO tariff will be no worse than at present.

WTO rules will of course impact any cars from the continent that currently reach our shores tariff free. So in my mind, the UK exiting the EU will put Tesla at a cost advantage in the UK compared to EU manufacturers, assuming Tesla can ship direct to the UK.
mrbduk, after doing what I should have done in the first place (Google) I think you could be right.
Thanks for allaying my fears.

What's been everyone's experience with leasing? I've signed the paperwork with Pink ... whats next? I gave them my original RN number also (reservation - not order)..

When do they take the order over? When do you start to hear anything one way or another?

What's been everyone's experience with leasing? I've signed the paperwork with Pink ... whats next? I gave them my original RN number also (reservation - not order)..

When do they take the order over? When do you start to hear anything one way or another?

My experience:

- Agreed to quote on 20th June via email.
- Informed by Pink that Tesla confirmed order on 12th July
- Pink finance docs emailed over to be signed on 13th September
- Collection date issued from Pink on 18th September
- Picked up car on 20th September

So 3 months exactly in my case. Hope this helps.

My experience:

- Agreed to quote on 20th June via email.
- Informed by Pink that Tesla confirmed order on 12th July
- Pink finance docs emailed over to be signed on 13th September
- Collection date issued from Pink on 18th September
- Picked up car on 20th September

So 3 months exactly in my case. Hope this helps.
How come it took 2 weeks for them to confirm the order? Mine was confirmed in one day