Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome. I’m about two weeks behind you (22nd).

Other than today, what other updates have you had? Just so I’m aware of what to expect.
Nothing until today, other than a VIN appearing in source code about 2 weeks ago. I emailed the Tesla delivery team last weekend to see if there was any update and they replied to say delivery may be the first week of October.

Reactions: anon37485
So, no news since I paid the deposit (I'm guessing ZenAuto may not work Saturdays), but I have noticed a delivery appointment date and time (but not location) have appeared for me on the Tesla website now, for this Friday. Unfortunately I've got something I really can't move on Friday this week, but no idea if this appointment is even a thing (as Tesla won't have had confirmation of deposit payment yet), but I've emailed the delivery team to let them know my availability, in the vague hope the car doesn't get allocated to someone else instead and I go to the back of the queue!

How do you assign your own licence plate when you're leasing?
I was given (i.e. gift) a private plate but I'm not the purchaser. I could be added as a nominee but I'm thinking Zen.Auto needs to be the nomiene rather than myself. The plate has never been assigned to a car so I only have the certificate of entitlement (i.e. not retention) and it does not have my name on it. I'm hoping I can give them the code/numbers and they can assign it?

How do you assign your own licence plate when you're leasing?
I was given (i.e. gift) a private plate but I'm not the purchaser. I could be added as a nominee but I'm thinking Zen.Auto needs to be the nomiene rather than myself. The plate has never been assigned to a car so I only have the certificate of entitlement (i.e. not retention) and it does not have my name on it. I'm hoping I can give them the code/numbers and they can assign it?

Think Zen can help with that, I’m sure in my paperwork from SG Fleet it gave an option of a personal plate.

So, no news since I paid the deposit (I'm guessing ZenAuto may not work Saturdays), but I have noticed a delivery appointment date and time (but not location) have appeared for me on the Tesla website now, for this Friday. Unfortunately I've got something I really can't move on Friday this week, but no idea if this appointment is even a thing (as Tesla won't have had confirmation of deposit payment yet), but I've emailed the delivery team to let them know my availability, in the vague hope the car doesn't get allocated to someone else instead and I go to the back of the queue!

What spec did you go for? I have a SR+ on order with Zen.Auto too from August 5th.

May be information people already know, or not useful to anyone, but if you have a current lease and your Tesla is not due to be delivered before the end of your existing lease you can apply for an 'Informal Extension'. Basically you can easily extend the lease for up to 3 months without re-signing an agreement.

I have this issue - my VW was due to go back at the end of this week, but still don't have a VIN or delivery window from Tesla for my Model 3, so rang VW and extended by 2 months. Took less than 5 mins and now i'm not left without a car or have to pay for an expensive hire car.

May be information people already know, or not useful to anyone, but if you have a current lease and your Tesla is not due to be delivered before the end of your existing lease you can apply for an 'Informal Extension'. Basically you can easily extend the lease for up to 3 months without re-signing an agreement.

I have this issue - my VW was due to go back at the end of this week, but still don't have a VIN or delivery window from Tesla for my Model 3, so rang VW and extended by 2 months. Took less than 5 mins and now i'm not left without a car or have to pay for an expensive hire car.
Great idea, unfortunately for me I chose a 3yr lease on the last car, so I'd have to service and MOT it if I keep it passed my lease end.

I'm now preparing to have no car (November 10th onwards) if Tesla can't get it to me before then. Brave move I know, might be kicking myself if I have no car until next year.

Great idea, unfortunately for me I chose a 3yr lease on the last car, so I'd have to service and MOT it if I keep it passed my lease end.

I'm now preparing to have no car (November 10th onwards) if Tesla can't get it to me before then. Brave move I know, might be kicking myself if I have no car until next year.

I'm selling my car on Thursday - good offer, so may as well get the dosh. Will be carless until the model 3. Was told August, then September, now October... still no VIN et al...

Wouldn't surprise me if I actually get it in November.

I'm on a three year lease too. I just have to get the car MOT'd. A small price to pay compared to spending more than double the money on a rental that has a large damage excess.

Currently have a VW Up so everything is super cheap for it - but I guess if you have a more expensive car the MOT and services costs would be quite high.

I took out an extension of 2 months. VW even refund the days you don't use if you return it early.

You may get lucky with returning yours on 10th November if there are more ships in mid October. Mine is due back 27th September so it's a no brainer.