Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent them an email to the sales person who I went through asking when they place the order and they have just not responded

they won’t respond. I chased daily. They will just lie and say they ordered it and won’t hear from Tesla for 3 weeks. Which just happens to be the end of the 14 day cooling off period.

I’m a little dissapointed with them, my last lease company with Tesla provided they RN within 2 days so I could track.

I'm sure it was on this forum I read about "the proper way to lease a Tesla" - which was place the order yourself, get an RN and then contact the leasing providers for quotes. That way you get the RN, are generally able to track it via your account and know the right car has actually been ordered.

I did this and the couple of leasing providers I spoke to were fine with accepting an existing RN and quoting on that - however to be fair, Tesla Leasing came out around 30 quid a month cheaper than the cheapest leasing quotes I had so went with them anyway.

Appreciate this may not work for company lease, but to me seems a bit of a no-brainer for personal leasing?

Reactions: Neilio
Once you receive your RN from the leasing company is there anything you can start doing from the Tesla side of things to tracking things or do you have to wait until you receive the vin? For example, how do you add the car to your Tesla account?

Once you receive your RN from the leasing company is there anything you can start doing from the Tesla side of things to tracking things or do you have to wait until you receive the vin? For example, how do you add the car to your Tesla account?
You can't add the car to your online account, even when you have vin. All that account is useful for is adding a payment method so that you can supercharge and get your invoices.

The car will be added to the app (with same log in details) shortly after you collect it/it's delivered to you.

With your RN you can call Tesla to confirm the order is set up correctly and available for matching - crucially you might want to check there's no blocker to a match happening before a certain date. Lease companies often do this if you've requested a particular delivery date on order, but given Tesla's quarterly cycles this could mean you miss out on a car until the next quarter.

Otherwise, sit tight and wait :)

You can't add the car to your online account, even when you have vin. All that account is useful for is adding a payment method so that you can supercharge and get your invoices.

The car will be added to the app (with same log in details) shortly after you collect it/it's delivered to you.

With your RN you can call Tesla to confirm the order is set up correctly and available for matching - crucially you might want to check there's no blocker to a match happening before a certain date. Lease companies often do this if you've requested a particular delivery date on order, but given Tesla's quarterly cycles this could mean you miss out on a car until the next quarter.

Good to know! Yeah I don’t think it will be this quarter at all. I only just ordered with my finance company. Do you know what number I should call once I have the rn?

Follow up how do you associate the car with your account after you take ownership of it?

Follow up how do you associate the car with your account after you take ownership of it?
Should become associated with the email address that you ordered with. If not, you can just contact Tesla closer to delivery. They'll need an email address for you to arrange delivery declaration etc anyway.

For the number, just go on Tesla website and to contact pages, and pick a service centre.

• Informative
Reactions: Neilio and samdc
Just ordered a Model 3 SR+ from Zenith through a company lease scheme. First EV and really looking forward to it.
Anyone in the forum with experience on delivery timescales from Zenith? I assume same company as Zen Auto.
I have been advised 3-4 month timescale, which means delivery should be middle of winter here in Scotland. Slightly nervous about the rear wheel drive. Anyone with knowledge of lease companies allowing winter tyres to be installed?

Just ordered a Model 3 SR+ from Zenith through a company lease scheme. First EV and really looking forward to it.
Anyone in the forum with experience on delivery timescales from Zenith? I assume same company as Zen Auto.
I have been advised 3-4 month timescale, which means delivery should be middle of winter here in Scotland. Slightly nervous about the rear wheel drive. Anyone with knowledge of lease companies allowing winter tyres to be installed?
The most important thing is that you call Tesla with your RN and:

1) make sure order all set up correctly - i.e. Zenith as leasing co, you as the named person on the order
2) make sure there's no blocker for matching. If you put in a requested delivery date on your order with Zenith, they will have put that on the RN which *prevents* matching before that date. This is really problematic with Tesla's quarterly cycle as it can mean you miss out on matching and end up having to wait till the *next* quarter.

Be aware that if you remove the blocker it's feasible you could get matched to a car in September! So obviously leave the blocker on if you're ok to wait anyway.

Can't comment on the winter tyres point but surely for safety they can't say no!

The most important thing is that you call Tesla with your RN and:

1) make sure order all set up correctly - i.e. Zenith as leasing co, you as the named person on the order
2) make sure there's no blocker for matching. If you put in a requested delivery date on your order with Zenith, they will have put that on the RN which *prevents* matching before that date. This is really problematic with Tesla's quarterly cycle as it can mean you miss out on matching and end up having to wait till the *next* quarter.

Be aware that if you remove the blocker it's feasible you could get matched to a car in September! So obviously leave the blocker on if you're ok to wait anyway.

Can't comment on the winter tyres point but surely for safety they can't say no!
super useful thank you :)

I called them to confirm specs and delivery details - all OK. She also surprised me and said a VIN was allocated on 8th of august, so i should expect the car end sept.

Oddly the VIN suggests the car was built in the US. Now to start researching shipments to see if i can work out what ship my tesla's on!!

I called them to confirm specs and delivery details - all OK. She also surprised me and said a VIN was allocated on 8th of august, so i should expect the car end sept.

Oddly the VIN suggests the car was built in the US. Now to start researching shipments to see if i can work out what ship my tesla's on!!
I was assigned a VIN on the 9th August, and was told last two weeks of September also.

All M3 builds in fact all EU Teslas are built in the US and shipped across - that is until the Gigafactory in Germany is built then they will come from there and hopefully there will be a less of a delay, but that won't be for a while yet as it's only started building recently.

Reactions: chamsters

Interested how you managed to get your RN so quick as I ordered with Electric.auto and just got an email from them saying they send the order to Tesla within 24 hoours but it takes weeks as they go through the "leasing" process with Tesla

Interested how you managed to get your RN so quick as I ordered with Electric.auto and just got an email from them saying they send the order to Tesla within 24 hoours but it takes weeks as they go through the "leasing" process with Tesla

I ordered through Select leasing, I got an RN within a couple of days of finance confirmation and signing the Select lease documents. The RN number is basically a Tesla order number. How it works with them is once the finance company have done the financial checks on you and ok the finance, you then have to sign the documents to confirm the order. Once signed, they will then place an order with Tesla and receive the RN number pretty much straight away. Whether they pass this number onto you quickly is down to them.

So I ordered with Zen auto, and got my RN today 4 weeks after the order was supposedly placed.

Rang Tesla and they confirmed the order was only placed on the 04 August... so basically they sat on it. I’ve sent them a follow up as I’m pretty annoyed and likely to have a long gap without any car as my lease expires.

I ordered through Select leasing, I got an RN within a couple of days of finance confirmation and signing the Select lease documents. The RN number is basically a Tesla order number. How it works with them is once the finance company have done the financial checks on you and ok the finance, you then have to sign the documents to confirm the order. Once signed, they will then place an order with Tesla and receive the RN number pretty much straight away. Whether they pass this number onto you quickly is down to them.

Ah right, I assume then that there might be some mistruths in there statements to me. I got the counter signed agreement back from them last week and everything is signed off from both parties. They said to me that they place the order within 24hours of the agreement being counter signed but that it can take up to 3 weeks for Tesla to confirm as it's a "leasing" procedure.