Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would verify you still keep the 1 year of premium connectivity. As of the 15th any orders only get 30 day trial. Not sure on inventory models.
Good point. I'd also have to get them to remove the FSD.

I think I'll hold off though. I'm ok buying a new model sight-unseen, but buying a demo model with 5000 km without being able to see it worries me a bit more. Who knows what kind of nonsense people have done to it on test drives :)

Reactions: onthecake
Delivery window just slipped for my MSM LR AWD 3 with black interior and 18” wheels. Was 10/18-11/17; now 11/7-12/5. There’s a tempting SR+ In current inventory in my area (DC burbs), but we get just enough nasty weather that I’d prefer to have the AWD. Sigh…

Delivery window just slipped for my MSM LR AWD 3 with black interior and 18” wheels. Was 10/18-11/17; now 11/7-12/5. There’s a tempting SR+ In current inventory in my area (DC burbs), but we get just enough nasty weather that I’d prefer to have the AWD. Sigh…
Stay strong. There was a fair amount of inventory bouncing around at the end of the quarter in September that I almost jumped on a Performance 3, but budget committee vetoed the call (only white seats were available). Anyway they will show up. I think the difference between the SR+ and the LR+ are enough to hold out in DC weather.

A demo model of my exact configuration, but with 5000 km and FSD added is currently available in existing inventory. I'm tempted to try to grab it just so I can stop checking for updated EDD!
Interesting call! I think I would be tempted. In the U.S. the FSD goes for an extra $10K. So is 5000 km on the odometer worth this significant feature upgrade to you? Have you seen the car? Is it in otherwise good shape?

Stay strong. There was a fair amount of inventory bouncing around at the end of the quarter in September that I almost jumped on a Performance 3, but budget committee vetoed the call (only white seats were available). Anyway they will show up. I think the difference between the SR+ and the LR+ are enough to hold out in DC weather.
Yes, that was my calculation as well. There are plenty of SR+ M3s out here, but given our ice storms and spotty snow removal services, I’d rather have the AWD. Just tired of being in limbo, as I ordered back in July. I’d happily take just about any other color than MSM if I thought it would move things along, but don’t want to risk going to the back of the queue.

Reactions: BnGrm
Interesting call! I think I would be tempted. In the U.S. the FSD goes for an extra $10K. So is 5000 km on the odometer worth this significant feature upgrade to you? Have you seen the car? Is it in otherwise good shape?
The problem solved itself, someone else already bought it :)

I have a script I run that notifies me whenever existing inventory becomes available for purchase. And for the past few months, any time a car pops up, it's usually gone within a few hours.

If I had had a chance to go to the dealership and inspect it in person, then I would have more strongly considered it. It'd be nice to check for panel gaps BEFORE delivery. But, given how quick these always sell, it's unlikely I'll ever be able to swing that.

Until then, I'll just keep refreshing my account page.

Reactions: Paul4343
Congrats on the VIN! is 919xx the start of your VIN#?
Nope! The 919xx is the last 5 of the VIN#. It just indicates it is fresh out of the factory, at least compared to the other LRs on the M3 spreadsheet here:

The problem solved itself, someone else already bought it :)

I have a script I run that notifies me whenever existing inventory becomes available for purchase. And for the past few months, any time a car pops up, it's usually gone within a few hours.

If I had had a chance to go to the dealership and inspect it in person, then I would have more strongly considered it. It'd be nice to check for panel gaps BEFORE delivery. But, given how quick these always sell, it's unlikely I'll ever be able to swing that.

Until then, I'll just keep refreshing my account page.
Appears to be a sound strategy...

Decided to start this Thread for people in NC that are waiting for their Model 3

This was moved into the LR AWD waiting room because in the model 3 subforum I dont want regional waiting rooms. Otherwise it ends up with 30 different waiting rooms (or more). Because of this, your post was moved into the appropriate one for your model.

Ordered M3 LR on 9/11
MSM/Black/18”
Delivery Location: CA / Sacramento
No VIN yet
EDD has bounced around constantly, but more recently they haven't been pushing out the end date and instead just pushing back the start date.

From keeping up on this thread for the past few weeks, I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to any of this. People ordering after my order date have received cars already and there are others who have seemingly had open orders for months on end. At the end of the day seems to be the lottery :)

Reactions: Paul4343
Just got another update/change to my EDD. OD was 9/19. Originally the EDD was 11/3-12/3, then to 10/18-10-30, now it's 10/20-10-31. So I guess it's slightly getting smaller. No VIN yet. Any day now!
Was this your first time checking today, or had you checked earlier and there was no change yet?

I’m curious about whether there’s a cutoff time in the day where it doesn’t make sense to check anymore.