Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally gonna step into the ring w all of you…

Paramus,NJ
Order date: 10/23/2021
3LR, WHT/WHT, AERO no FSD
EDD 12/7-12/31, no VIN.

Full power wall charger and solar panels ready to go!

The anticipation is killing me and I keep buying accessories to calm my stress.
EDD updated yesterday to 12/1-12/14, plus I got a text asking about my trade in, which I don’t have… not sure why they asked, I never got a reply.

Reactions: FiteFire
I told them that I want to take delivery next year (because of the potential EV tax credit) in a chat session and they put the hold until 12/31. It does not mean the car will be delivered on 12/31. Once the hold expires on 12/31, there will be additional steps like locating the car with my specs for example. In terms of the EV tax credit, the date of delivery counts as your purchase date; i.e., not your order date and not your delivery hold end date. Since I will take delivery in 2022, my purchase date for EV tax credit purposes will be in 2022.
I am taking the hit. Mine is scheduled for delivery last week in November/first week of December. Thought about putting a hold on it but it's a Christmas present for my wife. I also figure that we could sell it or trade it in next year on another if we wanted to take advantage of the proposed tax credit at some point. I am not a rich man by any means so buying my wife a car for Christmas is a big deal for me. You only live once and I am not going to ruin it.

I am taking the hit. Mine is scheduled for delivery last week in November/first week of December. Thought about putting a hold on it but it's a Christmas present for my wife. I also figure that we could sell it or trade it in next year on another if we wanted to take advantage of the proposed tax credit at some point. I am not a rich man by any means so buying my wife a car for Christmas is a big deal for me. You only live once and I am not going to ruin it.
Agreed, would have done the same if I were you. My case is different since the car is for me and my current car is in good shape, so I can wait until mid-2022 for delivery.

Dude, buying your wife a Tesla for Christmas is so worth the sweet photos/videos you'll get out of it. Way better than the picture of the Tesla you're planning to give her after the BBB bill passes.

lol, me too! bought so many accessories for the car already; but still waiting for VIN. I'm also in Vancouver... and will probably skip winter set up this year, only because the tires will be brand spanking new.

Haha same .. between winter tires, and the tesla wall charger, electrician to run a new circuit to my garage and do the install, I’m in 5 grand on a car I don’t even have yet :D

Not to mention PPF and tinting that I have appointments for soon as the car delivers

Posted this already in a different thread but for those who are in this waiting room and also have one eye on the potential EV tax credit:

Some more movement tonight:

The House rules committee is set to meet at 5:30pm local time on the Build Back Better Act, now that the Congressional Budget Office has come back with all the final estimates on the bill. From there, the House of Representatives is expected to vote on the package.

Reactions: Soap
Posted this already in a different thread but for those who are in this waiting room and also have one eye on the potential EV tax credit:

Some more movement tonight:

The House rules committee is set to meet at 5:30pm local time on the Build Back Better Act, now that the Congressional Budget Office has come back with all the final estimates on the bill. From there, the House of Representatives is expected to vote on the package.
So the voting happens tonight? I’m ready

It might happen tonight. But keep in mind that once this passes the House it will go to the Senate where it will most likely go through a pretty long review and then send back to the House for a final vote. So we have a long way to go.
Omg I was hoping for an answer by thanksgiving. I will probably wait until first week of December. If anything I’ll sell and purchase again in January

I don't get this when I see people post it, you really are going to buy now and then sell/purchase again? No way your not taking a loss on that?
Agreed. Seems like a LOT of hassle to save just a bit of money. (The difference in the two cars not the possible 8.5k) Not to mention possibly having a new credit check and/or loan account on your record. Zero plans to take delivery and sell but I am having a hard time debating to take delivery when it’s available or push it into the new year and go through that extra credit check I mentioned.

Agreed. Seems like a LOT of hassle to save just a bit of money. Not to mention possibly having a new credit check and/or loan account on your record. Zero plans to take delivery and sell but I am having a hard time debating to take delivery when it’s available or push it into the new year and go through that extra credit check I mentioned.
Yea, that is why I didn't complete the finance option portion as I didn't want a credit pull until we were closer to delivery, I am riding it out to see if the car really is going to show up next month or not before I try to decline/hold the car for the new year. Current EDD is still 12/19 - 12/31 I sold my GX460 to Carvana this week and we are down to a single vehicle but there is no rush on our side, we can get by with a single car for as long as we need to.

I don't get this when I see people post it, you really are going to buy now and then sell/purchase again? No way your not taking a loss on that?
My situation is different from others. I have already got approved. It’s good for 60 days which is Jan 8th I just purchased a model Y and took delivery Nov 6th.
So I think I got approved because the credit loan isn’t showing up on my credit yet. It’s with the same bank so who knows. And the only reason I applied for credit is because I purchased a car that was in existing inventory.

Haha same .. between winter tires, and the tesla wall charger, electrician to run a new circuit to my garage and do the install, I’m in 5 grand on a car I don’t even have yet :D

Not to mention PPF and tinting that I have appointments for soon as the car delivers
My parents have a Honda Clarity (dad has range anxiety), so I bought them a Level 2 ChargePoint Home flex charger. I will also tint, but not sure about PPF yet... need to recoup some $$$ before spending more