Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey the Virginia guys - did you see a new $2500 rebate effective Jan 1?
Thanks for the tip! I pasted the summary in below. I’m taking delivery Monday, so I think I’m out of luck…

SUMMARY AS PASSED:​

Electric vehicle rebate program; creation and funding; report. Creates a rebate program for the purchase or lease of new and used electric vehicles, to be administered by the Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy. A purchaser or lessee of a new or used electric vehicle would receive a $2,500 rebate applied toward payment for the purchase, and a purchaser or lessee with an annual household income that does not exceed 300 percent of the federal poverty level would be entitled to an additional $2,000 rebate for a new electric vehicle and $500 for a used electric vehicle beginning in taxable year 2022. The bill also establishes an Electric Vehicle Rebate Program Advisory Council to oversee the Electric Vehicle Rebate Program and to make recommendations regarding its implementation and the Electric Vehicle Rebate Program Fund created by the bill. The Director of the Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy is required to report annually to the Governor and the General Assembly regarding the program. The program expires on January 1, 2027.

Source: LIS > Bill Tracking > HB1979 > 2021 session

My parents have a Honda Clarity (dad has range anxiety), so I bought them a Level 2 ChargePoint Home flex charger. I will also tint, but not sure about PPF yet... need to recoup some $$$ before spending more
I feel ya — I’m debating delaying tints till the spring.
The PPF for me in my climate is a must unfortunately, sometimes I get stuck behind a snow plow dropping ice on the roadway and I’ll feel less anxious about paint damage if I have the front protected Haha

Thanks for the tip! I pasted the summary in below. I’m taking delivery Monday, so I think I’m out of luck…

Electric vehicle rebate program; creation and funding; report. Creates a rebate program for the purchase or lease of new and used electric vehicles, to be administered by the Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy. A purchaser or lessee of a new or used electric vehicle would receive a $2,500 rebate applied toward payment for the purchase, and a purchaser or lessee with an annual household income that does not exceed 300 percent of the federal poverty level would be entitled to an additional $2,000 rebate for a new electric vehicle and $500 for a used electric vehicle beginning in taxable year 2022. The bill also establishes an Electric Vehicle Rebate Program Advisory Council to oversee the Electric Vehicle Rebate Program and to make recommendations regarding its implementation and the Electric Vehicle Rebate Program Fund created by the bill. The Director of the Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy is required to report annually to the Governor and the General Assembly regarding the program. The program expires on January 1, 2027.

Yeah I’m gonna put mine on hold tomorrow am. Can’t hurt.

Has anyone been successful is calling the sales offices and getting one earlier? (Asking them for cancelled orders / on-hold orders)
I texted my SA. All he/she said to me was if someone holds their order on hold, the next person on line with the same config will get that VIN. Unless I want to take a different config, if so then keep watching the site for available inventory.
Basically, told me nothing....

I texted my SA. All he/she said to me was if someone holds their order on hold, the next person on line with the same config will get that VIN. Unless I want to take a different config, if so then keep watching the site for available inventory.
Basically, told me nothing....
Essentially it does mean though that you keep your place in the queue unless you change your configuration, i.e., you are not treated as a new order when your hold expires, am I right?

Essentially it does mean though that you keep your place in the queue unless you change your configuration, i.e., you are not treated as a new order when your hold expires, am I right?
I was trying to be slick and texted them hey if people are putting their orders on hold, can I get in a car now? They basically told me nice try but wait in line. 😝

Reactions: geekxism and EV70

Wow! Thanks for the update. Pretty much solidifies my decision to push back delivery to Jan once VIN is received.

2022 Model 3 Long Range Black / Black
Order Date: 10/9
Estimated Delivery Date: 11/21 - 12/19
1st Estimated Delivery Date Change: 11/29 - 12/13
No VIN

Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Exciting Day Today!

This morning when I woke up to check the app was in for a surprise when I noticed no EDD was showing so I logged onto the site to see the Tesla Vision Agreement. I accept and submit but no VIN was to be found and after some research all points to having it at the same time as the Tesla Vision Agreement and to contact Tesla. After contacting them I got my VIN and was told it was shipping from California and an anticipated delivery date of 12/5 was set 😁

2022 Model 3 Long Range Black / Black
Order Date: 10/9
Estimated Delivery Date: 11/21 - 12/19
1st Estimated Delivery Date Change: 11/29 - 12/13 (Updated 11/14)
2st Estimated Delivery Date Change: 11/30 - 12/6 (Updated 11/18)
Tesla Vision: 11/18 (Updated 11/18)
VIN: 11/18 (Updated 11/18)
Delivery Date: 12/5 (Updated 11/18)

Enjoy the process...

After getting vision agreement and then my vin this morning (11/18) I was pointed to the tesla app to finish insurance. The app appears to be updated itself and now says my car is being built. Having the vin I was able to get insurance on the car being built at a great rate. Makes up for the accesories ordered in the last day. So this OD 9/9 of a Red LR aero black interior is still on a 11/30 - 12/4 EDD at this time.🤕

Reactions: TheSlyyGuy
Hey everyone, just got my vin today. Any idea when the final payment will be due and how Long I have until I can pay it, like Can it be done right before delivery? Only asking because I have to wire money from one bank to the other for the Down payment that may take a couple days.

2022 M3LR/white/black/aero/No FSD/Springfield NJ pickup
OD:10/21
EDD:11/22-12/29
EDD:11/28-12/11
EDD:12/1-12/7

Reactions: Jthavoc
Hey everyone, just got my vin today. Any idea when the final payment will be due and how Long I have until I can pay it, like Can it be done right before delivery? Only asking because I have to wire money from one bank to the other for the Down payment that may take a couple days.

2022 M3LR/white/black/aero/No FSD/Springfield NJ pickup
OD:10/21
EDD:11/22-12/29
EDD:11/28-12/11
EDD:12/1-12/7
congrats bro, I don’t know the answer to your question but I know our updates and order dates are similar so hopefully I see a vin soon.