Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a vin yesterday and am trying to not have a delivery date until January 1st just in case some form of BBB passes later on

any advice on how to do this? I have not accepted the vision agreement after receiving the vin and still need to make final payment and get insurance

Was thinking of not accepting the agreement until the 28th so my delivery date should be the 29th at the earliest and I'll have 3 days to pick it up, any risk of Tesla giving my vin to someone else if I take a few days to do the next steps?
Not sure they’ll let you delay that long, whether you accept the agreement or not. You’ll get a message to schedule delivery within a small window and they may be more strict about delivery at end of month due to end of year and quarter sales. You could always call your SA or support to explain and see whether they’ll work with you on delivery.

Picked up yesterday, went smooth. Very much missed our Model 3 for the two months we were without. The car is a perfect match for us.

Side story, picked up our fist model 3 and as soon as we got home and connected to Wi-Fi the SW updated, and it was a significant down grade.

Picked up yesterday and the software also updated as soon as we got home and connected to Wi-Fi. It’s very different, and while the light show was certainly fun, we now need to re-learn some functions and presses. It’s better IMO, but different. If you get your car, don’t spend much time getting used to the old UI.
I thought the same thing. I kept think I was losing my mind when I was looking for things.

I received a vin yesterday and am trying to not have a delivery date until January 1st just in case some form of BBB passes later on

any advice on how to do this? I have not accepted the vision agreement after receiving the vin and still need to make final payment and get insurance

Was thinking of not accepting the agreement until the 28th so my delivery date should be the 29th at the earliest and I'll have 3 days to pick it up, any risk of Tesla giving my vin to someone else if I take a few days to do the next steps?
Good luck, I was hoping to do the same thing, They had assigned me a VIN number and so I went ahead and accepted the vision thing and they gave me a delivery date of 12/31 I told them I was going to be out of town on that day and asked if I could pick it up on the 1st, They told me that if I didnt pick it up on the 31st they were going to give my VIN to someone else and put me back in line, With no estimate of a delivery date, They told me it is an end of the quarter / end of the year thing, My guess is that if your car is ready and they want you to have it by the end of the year they will contact you and tell you what they told me, As I said, Good Luck!!!! I decided I will get mine on the 31st and let the cards fall where they fall

Got this for Christmas while I wait for mine.

Attachments

• 20211225_170454.jpg
    20211225_170454.jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: CarlThompson

They won't allow you to schedule delivery on the 1st. They don't give 3 days when it comes to end of December deliveries. They're trying to get as many cars sold by the end of December. I had a similar situation. I even asked if I could get off hold on the 31st they said no because you would get a VIN and have to pickup same day. They're not playing lol.

Recently took our car off hold (12/19), and seeing EDD for February 22 - March 22. Originally we put the car on hold because the delivery dates were during a week both my wife and I were out of town. Fingers crossed for a positive update!

order: M3 LR White / Black Interior / 19”

OD: 11/26
Original EDD: TBD
Vin assigned: 12/8
UPDATED EDD: 12/17-12/20
Placed on hold 12/15 since we were out of town those days and honestly didn’t expect the car to arrive so quickly
Removed Hold: 12/20
CURRENT EDD: 2/22-3/22

We’re financing through Tesla (WF) and not trading in a car.
Tesla delivered a Christmas gift of a slightly earlier EDD today!

New EDD: 1/19-2/16!

Elon just tweeted this.

Lots of Tesla cars to deliver before year end! Your support in taking delivery is much appreciated.

Thanks also to the Tesla team working hard during the holidays!

I'm hoping the team takes a week or two off to recover from the end of 4Q delivery push. Those guys are really busting a hump - and racking up hours - to get their end-of-quarter figures up.

My hold comes off on 1/1. Still hoping for delivery not before mid-February. :)

I'm hoping the team takes a week or two off to recover from the end of 4Q delivery push. Those guys are really busting a hump - and racking up hours - to get their end-of-quarter figures up.

My hold comes off on 1/1. Still hoping for delivery not before mid-February. :)
I was wondering what the new year would look like given amount of holds released on 1/1 and the latest year end push. I ordered 12/11 and EDD hasn't moved from 2/8-3/8. Feel like end of March may be likely.

They won't allow you to schedule delivery on the 1st. They don't give 3 days when it comes to end of December deliveries. They're trying to get as many cars sold by the end of December. I had a similar situation. I even asked if I could get off hold on the 31st they said no because you would get a VIN and have to pickup same day. They're not playing lol.
Are you seriously saying they call you after months of waiting and expect you to come pick up within 3 days? If that's true that's absolutely absurd.

I was wondering what the new year would look like given amount of holds released on 1/1 and the latest year end push. I ordered 12/11 and EDD hasn't moved from 2/8-3/8. Feel like end of March may be likely.

Well.... end of March is also the end of a fiscal quarter, so I would expect another delivery push to ensure that everyone with an open M3LR order after 1/1 will have their car no later than 3/31.

I’m supposed to be taking delivery of the car in 4-6 hours but my pre-delivery tasks are still locked. They have my insurance information and my updated trade-in odometer, but the agreements and final payment options are still locked. Anyone experience this before?