Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You and I are living the same life - back to 4-8 weeks for the last 2 days. I really hope we get a VIN this week.

A vin would be awesome, a delivery date would remove the uncertainty which would be perfect, I'm trying to convince myself not to immediately buy the acceleration boost in the parking lot, I got a few quotes for ppf and ceramic coating already. I also have what's just, honestly it's a pile of boxes, I don't even remember what all I bought

A vin would be awesome, a delivery date would remove the uncertainty which would be perfect, I'm trying to convince myself not to immediately buy the acceleration boost in the parking lot, I got a few quotes for ppf and ceramic coating already. I also have what's just, honestly it's a pile of boxes, I don't even remember what all I bought

i am the exact same - i have two full boxes of accessories downstairs. Weather mats, console organizers, a key fob, homelink, and idk what else even at this point.

I have a tentative apptment set for PPF /Ceramic last week of March and tints as well - what kind of prices are you seeing for this out in youngstown? I will probably end up buying Accel boost immediately as well - no chance i actually need it.

i am the exact same - i have two full boxes of accessories downstairs. Weather mats, console organizers, a key fob, homelink, and idk what else even at this point.

I have a tentative apptment set for PPF /Ceramic last week of March and tints as well - what kind of prices are you seeing for this out in youngstown? I will probably end up buying Accel boost immediately as well - no chance i actually need it.
I’m debating on a key fob at the moment but have a lot of accessories as well. My next purchase before I even get the car is homelink. Waiting to make tint appointment until I get car. Accel boost will be immediately as well. Do you plan to get the whole car PPF’d?

I work near Pittsburgh so I found a shop down here, 2700 for full frontal, rockers and ceramic coating. I haven't committed to tinting yet I might wait and see there. Also saw as high as 3900 for the same package and 4 or 5 more in between.

I’m debating on a key fob at the moment but have a lot of accessories as well. My next purchase before I even get the car is homelink. Waiting to make tint appointment until I get car. Accel boost will be immediately as well. Do you plan to get the whole car PPF’d?

I honestly got the key fob so i can hand it off to my wife who may want to drive - or anyone really who may want to. I don't like the idea of carrying a card for everythiing but that's me. it also looks super cool so that helps.

Homelink is a weird scenario - on one hand, why the hell doesn it come with the car..20k hondas ive owned have had garage door openers. On the other hand, i also understand that tesla is trying to cut cost. I park my car in my garage every day so this was more or less a requirement for me.

I will only be getting full frontal ppf if i even get anything - as excited as i am for this car, its still a car. Depreciating asset and its going to get nicks no matter what i do. i am having second guessing myself and having a hard time justifying 1500 even for full frontal or god forbid, 6k for a full car ppf. The only thing i know im getting for certain is tints.

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
I work near Pittsburgh so I found a shop down here, 2700 for full frontal, rockers and ceramic coating. I haven't committed to tinting yet I might wait and see there. Also saw as high as 3900 for the same package and 4 or 5 more in between.

Yeah this is my struggle. I just don't know if i feel okay spending 2.5-3k on something thats going to depreciate. it really adds no value and my car will still get nicked with it. I think im just getting swept up in everyone else here doing it but at the end of the day, its a car.

Yeah this is my struggle. I just don't know if i feel okay spending 2.5-3k on something thats going to depreciate. it really adds no value and my car will still get nicked with it. I think im just getting swept up in everyone else here doing it but at the end of the day, its a car.

I drive about 40k miles a year, my last car was a 2017 sonata and after 4 years it looked 15 years old, I don't make 911 Turbo S money so this is my affordable dream car. I'm going to be spending a lot of time in it I want it to look and be as nice as possible for as long as possible and I've seen enough sand blasted rocker panels to know in my use case mud flaps and ppf are a must. I've never done either to a car before.

I drive about 40k miles a year, my last car was a 2017 sonata and after 4 years it looked 15 years old, I don't make 911 Turbo S money so this is my affordable dream car. I'm going to be spending a lot of time in it I want it to look and be as nice as possible for as long as possible and I've seen enough sand blasted rocker panels to know in my use case mud flaps and ppf are a must. I've never done either to a car before.

I feel it - i probably will get PPF. i can deal with no ceramic - i only drive about 10k-12k a year max so i just don't think anything beyond that is worth it. Ceramic just makes washing easier from what I understand.

I feel it - i probably will get PPF. i can deal with no ceramic - i only drive about 10k-12k a year max so i just don't think anything beyond that is worth it. Ceramic just makes washing easier from what I understand.

I've waffled a few times but I had so much bug and every kind of road grime and I the wife finally after going over the pros and cons the 17th time overruled me and just said get it

I honestly got the key fob so i can hand it off to my wife who may want to drive - or anyone really who may want to. I don't like the idea of carrying a card for everythiing but that's me. it also looks super cool so that helps.

Homelink is a weird scenario - on one hand, why the hell doesn it come with the car..20k hondas ive owned have had garage door openers. On the other hand, i also understand that tesla is trying to cut cost. I park my car in my garage every day so this was more or less a requirement for me.

I will only be getting full frontal ppf if i even get anything - as excited as i am for this car, its still a car. Depreciating asset and its going to get nicks no matter what i do. i am having second guessing myself and having a hard time justifying 1500 even for full frontal or god forbid, 6k for a full car ppf. The only thing i know im getting for certain is tints.

I’ll be parking inside my garage 100% of the time as well so thank you for making that point to me, ordering now. I’ll forget the cost in a few weeks anyway.

Being in the south, I’ll be needing the tint (hooked on Photosync) to keep all the heat out just from being parked outside on errands.

Good point about the PPF. On my 2015 4Runner I was only on a few places and it did the job it was designed for. I’m now considering just frontal cause I need something. Bugs as well, I hate all the bugs that get stuck on the front. I would go home and wash the front of my SUV cause I didn’t want the bugs to eat the paint away.

Just got the dreaded delivery delay text. Going from Wednesday to Friday. Disappointing but it's all good. I can wait a couple more days.
You all are making me nervous, seems like the delays are out of the Chicago Railyard, the cars delivered in St. Louis come from there also. Have a Wednesday pickup scheduled that was originally scheduled for today, but was pushed back a week ago.
The communication said it was going to arrive at the SC on 3/2, guess I’ll find out tomorrow. :)

you might try the 303 Nano graphine vs paulying detailer for ceramic - easy to apply for a diy project. I got a bottle, tested on my leased bolt (goes back the 15th) and I am very impressed. Check out some of the youtube comparison videos.

Reactions: Twags