Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding another data point to the thread -- good luck everyone!

M3LR / Blue / Black / 18" / No FSD
OD: 11/26

11/26: EDD#1: 2/2 - 3/2
12/4: EDD#2: 1/19-2/16
M3LR / Blue / Black / 18" / No FSD
OD 10/30/2021
1st VIN Posted 12/21/2021
Received Schedule Delivery Text on 12/21/2021
Released VIN and placed delivery hold on 12/23/2021
Released hold on 1/1/2022
1/2/2022: EDD 1/13/2022 to 2/10/2022
1/6/2022: EDD 1/14/2022 to 1/28/2022
Same config as y’all. Between DC, So Cal, and Denver, we’ll see who wins! My window starts Sunday.

Total random theory here, but you know how some newer VINs have Ryzen, some have Intel? Has anyone correlated them to car config? If I was manufacturing cars, I’d put new hardware on a single line while ongoing lines depleted inventory of old hardware. As those lines completed their runs and are re-configured, new MCU hardware is put in. I’ve got zero insight into how Tesla’s production line(s) are setup, though.

Reactions: hlin07
Total random theory here, but you know how some newer VINs have Ryzen, some have Intel? Has anyone correlated them to car config? If I was manufacturing cars, I’d put new hardware on a single line while ongoing lines depleted inventory of old hardware. As those lines completed their runs and are re-configured, new MCU hardware is put in. I’ve got zero insight into how Tesla’s production line(s) are setup, though.
Thats an interesting theory. Someone was trying to track all this, but the sheet didn't contain trim or color options, plus it seemed full of either bogus or mistaken entries and ultimately never worked well as a source of truth.

Which means someone is lying because I've also read the VIN is not assigned until the parts to build it are all accounted for. There's no way to build/deliver a car in 24 hours (I mean sure it's physically possible but in the real world this doesn't add up)
Literally 2 of my friends got their cars within 1 to 3 days after getting their VIN. 🤷🏼‍♀️ It makes sense to me though, the car is assigned to you as an individual after having been assigned to a Country, territory, city, etc. So way after its been built.

I ordered on 8/30 in LA... Still waiting... Partially because I waited a while for my credit to be completely stellar before completing my tasks, but still, the wait is killing me!
Oops that’s a lot. Until last week I left the payment page incomplete. I never knew that would cause a delay. Later after I pinged my Tesla representative, she did something on her end and now I see all of those tasks complete. And the app shows “We’re building your car” with a EDD February 7- March 7… not sure how long will I have to wait to have a VIN assigned

Reactions: In_the_process
not related to M3 but my friend got a text that his MYP would be ready for pickup on saturday (ordered around the same time as me, for some reason didn't get a VIN number). declined because SA told him it didn't have the ryzen.

wondering if we will be seeing a lot of that.

not related to M3 but my friend got a text that his MYP would be ready for pickup on saturday (ordered around the same time as me, for some reason didn't get a VIN number). declined because SA told him it didn't have the ryzen.

wondering if we will be seeing a lot of that.
How is the SA determining whether it has the Ryzen or not? Unless it was there already on the lot?

I think it was noted elsewhere that they dont build VINs in order but in random batches So there is no changeover VIN