Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wording is:

Enable or disable heated or cooling seats (if equipped)

Yes, I know. The heated rear seat upgrade, heated steering wheel upgrade, battery upgrades, etc. also only applied to those cars that had that hardware equipped too. But Tesla built that hardware into many cars that didn't have the feature initially and allowed it to be purchased later.

That's why I said "I wonder if that's already being included in the hardware that's being built into all cars" and why I asked if "we'll be able to add it as an option via software?"

Which means someone is lying because I've also read the VIN is not assigned until the parts to build it are all accounted for. There's no way to build/deliver a car in 24 hours (I mean sure it's physically possible but in the real world this doesn't add up)
VIN assigned to the vehicle is not the same as VIN assigned to you. So, if what everyone here says is true, you could be assigned an already existing VIN (as a result of someone else turning down their delivery) and have the vehicle delivered to you the next day

Yes, I know. The heated rear seat upgrade, heated steering wheel upgrade, battery upgrades, etc. also only applied to those cars that had that hardware equipped too. But Tesla built that hardware into many cars that didn't have the feature initially and allowed it to be purchased later.

That's why I said "I wonder if that's already being included in the hardware that's being built into all cars" and why I asked if "we'll be able to add it as an option via software?"
Yes, would be great if it is already built in and we can get it as a software add-on. Fingers crossed.

I read an article yesterday that Tesla may be allowing MCU upgrades... so if you really want the Ryzen, and get the Atom, it may be an option down the line (could be expensive though). I agree it would suck to just miss the cutoff for new tech... but this will never end, so just get the car and enjoy. In 3 years you'll probably have a new one anyway... of course, I'll be the first one bitching when mine comes with outdated equipment :mad:

Reactions: Paul4343
M3LR / Blue / Black / 18" / No FSD
OD 10/30/2021
1st VIN Posted 12/21/2021
Received Schedule Delivery Text on 12/21/2021
Released VIN and placed delivery hold on 12/23/2021
Released hold on 1/1/2022
1/2/2022: EDD 1/13/2022 to 2/10/2022
1/6/2022: EDD 1/14/2022 to 1/28/2022

I read an article yesterday that Tesla may be allowing MCU upgrades... so if you really want the Ryzen, and get the Atom, it may be an option down the line (could be expensive though). I agree it would suck to just miss the cutoff for new tech... but this will never end, so just get the car and enjoy. In 3 years you'll probably have a new one anyway... of course, I'll be the first one bitching when mine comes with outdated equipment :mad:
This seems to batted around each time there's been any kind of substantial upgrade, but more often than not that retrofit option never materializes. I agree people should just enjoy their cars, but nobody should be assuming any retrofit option.

Hey all,
M3LR White/White 18" Aero
OD: 12/23/2021
Original EDD: 1/25 to 2/22
Looked yesterday and it was updated to 1/17 to 1/31

I see that my EDD is a lot sooner than many others who ordered before me. I wonder if my location has something to do with it. I'm picking up in Bloomington, IL which probably has a lot less demand than other locations. It's about 3 hours from Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis. I see a few Teslas around here but they are not common at all.

I mostly only monitor this thread as I am expecting my Model 3 soon but got a new EDD today for my MYLR.

Has anyone seen a date range like this before??? A 2 day window at the end of March. I am certain it will change again.
IMG_0104.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Soap
Ordered 11/20 M3LR White ext, White Int, 18" aero, no FSD Original EDD: February 2022
Updated EDD: December 21 2021
Hold placed 12/07
Hold Removed 1/1
Updated EDD 1/2: March 5-31 2022
Updated EDD 1/6: January 21-Feb 4 2022
We're twins. Except for exterior, we have the same car and the same EDD history since lifting our hold.

OD: 11/25/21 (Indianapolis)
M3LR / MSM / White / Aero / No FSD
1st EDD: 2/01 - 2/28/22
2nd EDD: (11/26) 12/15 - 12/31
3nd EDD: (11/30) 1/15 - 2/12/22
4th EDD: (12/3) 12/21 - 12/31
VIN (12/13) Hold (12/14) Lifted (1/1)
5th EDD: (1/2) 3/5 - 3/31/22
6th EDD: (1/6) 1/21 - 2/4/22

Hey all,
M3LR White/White 18" Aero
OD: 12/23/2021
Original EDD: 1/25 to 2/22
Looked yesterday and it was updated to 1/17 to 1/31

I see that my EDD is a lot sooner than many others who ordered before me. I wonder if my location has something to do with it. I'm picking up in Bloomington, IL which probably has a lot less demand than other locations. It's about 3 hours from Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis. I see a few Teslas around here but they are not common at all.
I think location may play a part. I am in DE and picking up in NJ and mine seems to be progressing quite quickly compared to others. YMMV of course as these dates seem to be completely random.

I find it interesting I really didn't hear a peep about screen response until the new chip got announced. Now I'm a little concerned. Exactly how slow is response time? Or is this simply an example of three new shiny toy?
I never really had any complaints from the old chip except(and its not like you use them constantly) the web browser was slow, netflix menu was laggy , and games took a min to load. For all the stuff you regularly use it was fine. Kinda like if you play with an old iphone now it might be really slow compared to current but at the time it was fine, so you probably wont even notice unless you had the Atom before.

Reactions: fishacura