Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Round and round we go... Where we stop nobody knows lol.

OD: 11/28
EDD1: February
EDD2: 1/16-2/19
EDD3: 12/26-12/31
EDD4: 1/12-2/9
EDD5:. 1/6-1/20
EDD6: 1/15-2/15
EDD7: 2/1-3/1 (yesterday)

I gotta admit I am pretty bummed by this latest change....
My EDD has never changed since coming off hold 12/30: 2/13 - 3/13. Can't decide if thats a good or bad thing, my last M3 changed often but delivered within the original time frame.

Reactions: fishacura and Crany
Just got the dreaded EDD push…

MSM/BLK/19/-FSD OD: 10/23
previously listed as 01/21-02/04
this morning 01/29-02/24
:( Given my current EDD is a wide range of 1/21-2/18, I too expect another EDD push any day now. I'd much prefer Tesla initially tell me my EDD is April or something further out, than to get these pushes. Oh well. You aren't alone. Sorry about the push. :(

Reactions: In_the_process
I find the slight sidebars to be helpful. I was hoping to wake up with a VIN today but instead got a new EDD :( The quick-moving and varied conversation keeps my mind at ease as I jones for my new M3LR. 😉

M3LR, Grey, White, Aero, no FSD
Ordered 11/10/21 (Estimated December Arrival at ordering)
First EDD Dec 15 - Dec 31
Multiple undocumented changes
Recent EDD Jan 15 - Feb 10
Today (Jan 16) new EDD of Feb 2 - Mar 2
The sidebars are very important I just sold my car to Driveway for over $2000 more than Tesla offered for a trade in. Even with the taxes I have to pay which in NJ is I think 6.25% I still come out on top. (Not sure if I calculate the cost of the car and taxes paid when I bought it and factor in loss never sold a car but I did see that online somewhere)
Anyway it helped me get more money It also helped me get a great rate getting a loan. And like you said eases your mind lol. I stopped looking I don't really care anymore. When I got my model Y omg I checked multiple times a day. It was a long summer with one car.

I also wouldn't have known how to change my configuration. I went from White Model 3 to a MSM with white seats. Thanks to someone on this thread. Without the help of Tesla.

Reactions: CarlThompson
I just got done getting quotes for all the major insurance companies since Allstate keeps raising their rates.
3 cars 100/300/100 with 0/500 deductibles for comp/collision
Allstate, Liberty Mutual, GEICO, Farmers all came in around $300-400 a month for all 3 cars
Nationwide, Progressive, StateFarm all got me closer to $200 a month for all 3 but my homeowners insurance increased, I called my Motorcycle insurance broker to see what he could do since he was a Progressive agent and he couldnt match the online Progressive quote referring to it as Progressive Direct.

Finally a Farmers agent called me back informing me she could get a better rate than what online showed. For $185 a month on all 3 cars, 250/500/100 100/500 deductibles and got my home owners slightly cheaper. Progressive was still about half price for my motorcycle.
Insurance coverage should really be at the $500k mark and on top of that, people really shouldn't be buying this expensive of a vehicle unless they have some substantial networth. A million qualifies in my opinion. And if you have that net worth then you're also getting a million or so in an umbrella policy. And they typically won't sell you an umbrella policy until you have the 500k coverage in car insurance. This is an unpopular opinion among those that live paycheck to paycheck and think that just because they can squeeze a monthly car payment out of their ass evey month that they can afford the car payment.

Update to EDD

M3LR MSM/White/18”/No FSD
OD: Dec 14th, 2021
Advertised EDD before order: Feb
12/14 EDD: Feb
12/15 EDD: 01/23 - 02/20
12/28 EDD: 01/10 - 02/07 <-- Was so pumped
01/03 EDD: 01/20 - 02/03 <-- Back to waiting
01/17 EDD: 02/08 - 03/08 :( No longer two week time window.

Last edited:
On V11? Seems V11 UI is what has begun causing the excessive lag with the Intel Atom.

Maybe the software isn't optimized and the Intel struggles, or maybe it just wasn't designed for such an outdated processor.

There is no "Excessive lag" in the V11 UI. I have a 2018 Model 3 Performance, and there is no difference at ALL in the performance of the UI between the old and new from that perspective. Thats either an individual car issue, or fake news.

I reboot my car after every update, because i am an old school IT person and reboot devices after they patch. I have never had any strangeness others experience after updates, and there is no epidemic of "slowness" after V11.

Frankly, a lot of the V11 gnashing of teeth is "mob" mentality. Its different, some things are buried that were not, thats true. People acting like they need to sell their cars over it, or that the screen all of a sudden now doesnt work properly? Hasnt happened to me.

All orders placed were placed with assumption that the processor/battery were intel and non li-ion.

Of course if you want to play that game all orders were placed with the assumption that we would get 15 speakers in the premium system not 14, that we would get 2 USB ports in the center console that work for music/dashcam/data not zero, that we would get Sonic, etc.

Why are we supposed to expect and be happy with getting the downgrades but we should not expect the upgrades?

As it is the people who got the upgrades paid a lower price AND got a better car. That doesn't seem fair.