Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there some rule I am missing as to what we can discuss. We are all waiting for our vehicles so it would seem appropriate to discuss pre delivery such as insurance, upgrades to consider, charging etc.

Just reading everyone's order dates isn't exciting or informative. The only thing I learned from that is there is a day you order the vehicle and a day it's delivered and there very specific to each order.

Is there some rule I am missing as to what we can discuss. We are all waiting for our vehicles so it would seem appropriate to discuss pre delivery such as insurance, upgrades to consider, charging etc.

Just reading everyone's order dates isn't exciting or informative. The only thing I learned from that is there is a day you order the vehicle and a day it's delivered and there very specific to each order.

The thing that I am going to actively enforce is conversation about whether someone should or should not be waiting for new processor chips.

I dont normally follow these waiting room threads super closely as they are fast moving and I am not waiting for a car myself (well actually I am now waiting on a model Y but dont need a waiting room thread for myself).

There are other threads for most of these other topics (insurance, acceleration boost etc), but if thats what people want to talk about in this thread as well, I can let it go. It just makes the thread even faster moving, and people finding anything like who is getting cars delivered, where, etc even harder to find.

I find the slight sidebars to be helpful. I was hoping to wake up with a VIN today but instead got a new EDD :( The quick-moving and varied conversation keeps my mind at ease as I jones for my new M3LR. 😉

M3LR, Grey, White, Aero, no FSD
Ordered 11/10/21 (Estimated December Arrival at ordering)
First EDD Dec 15 - Dec 31
Multiple undocumented changes
Recent EDD Jan 15 - Feb 10
Today (Jan 16) new EDD of Feb 2 - Mar 2

I find the slight sidebars to be helpful. I was hoping to wake up with a VIN today but instead got a new EDD :( The quick-moving and varied conversation keeps my mind at ease as I jones for my new M3LR. 😉

I'm in a near-identical boat, OD is one to the right and I've got black seats. I have 28 JAN - 25 FEB as the window, and based on what you have going on I now expect to be further back into February. Oh well.

Where are you located?

I think it's also worth mentioning the spreadsheet/form I created to track this data. In addition to posting here, folks should fill this out when they take delivery regardless of whether the car has AMD or Intel. We have almost 100 submissions already from Fremont made Model 3/Y:

Form: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker
Responses: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker (Responses)

Last edited:
Just put in an order for a M3 LR. The EDD is 2/28-3/28. Looks like it will show up maybe about a month after our Model S does. Plan to put the Model Y up for sale.

For the person that posted the Costco Connect insurance, thanks! Looks like I might save about 1k a year on our insurance, maybe more.

Does anyone know when we will get AMD? Saw some reports from the survey but def not majority.
Nobody knows for sure. The survey / tracker sheet seems suspect to me, and I believe there's actually only been one model 3 with photo evidence of having the AMD / Ryzen. While the Y's seem to have shifted over with a good portion of new deliveries include the AMD's, none of the recent deliveries for 3's posted in this forum in the past few weeks have had any AMD's at all.

Reactions: Paul4343
There are other threads for most of these other topics (insurance, acceleration boost etc), but if thats what people want to talk about in this thread as well, I can let it go.

Thank you! I for one have learned new and useful things in this thread without even realizing that I had something new to learn and thus would never have searched other threads. I personally am a believer in letting people talk about what they want as long as everyone stays polite and respectful of others.

I'm in a near-identical boat, OD is one to the right and I've got black seats. I have 28 JAN - 25 FEB as the window, and based on what you have going on I now expect to be further back into February. Oh well.
Very Similar to you both...I don't know what is going on. Maybe something with the MSM color?

M3LR, MSM Grey, Black seats, Aero, No FSD
OD: 11/13/21
Original EDD: Mid December
Pushed to: 12/21-12/31
Pushed to: 1/17-2/20
Pushed to: 2/8-3/8
Located in Virginia

Never place it on hold, just keeps getting pushed back...I feel like I have been waiting forever. Almost backed out a few times and just bought a new subaru forester instead to replace my old one....trying to hang in there and hoping it is worth the wait.

Interesting to note that AMD Ryzen based MCU seems to draw more power than the Intel Atom based ones. Thus about 2% range drop on WLTP cycle. Australia and New Zealand design studios confirm the range drop from 614 kms to 602 kms.

E3152D39-D6C3-41FD-BFA0-2B0B7981C1C5.png
Tesla associating the range drop due to updated MCU by an order update on the My Account page. Screenshot courtesy Australia Model 3 waiting room member.

Nobody knows for sure. The survey / tracker sheet seems suspect to me, and I believe there's actually only been one model 3 with photo evidence of having the AMD / Ryzen. While the Y's seem to have shifted over with a good portion of new deliveries include the AMD's, none of the recent deliveries for 3's posted in this forum in the past few weeks have had any AMD's at all.
Exactly, I'm careless about who's EDD getting pushed back or so, show me the 3's with AMD!!!!!

View attachment 756476
Tesla associating the range drop due to updated MCU by an order update on the My Account page. Screenshot courtesy Australia Model 3 waiting room member.

I don't doubt there's a range drop but I am very skeptical that 300W worth of range drop could be caused by what is reportedly a 45W TDP chip. I think it's more likely the range drop is actually due to something else.

Perhaps it's the accompanying change to a 15.5V low voltage system? (I read that the new low voltage battery actually runs at 15.5V not 12V nominal.) I am not at all an expert on the inner workings of cars but it occurs to me a modern car probably has lots of components that require DC to DC conversion to their internal operating voltage. I seem to remember reading somewhere that DC to DC converters are most efficient when they are designed for a specific input voltage and are less efficient when that input voltage is different. Maybe all the components and their DC to DC converters have not yet been redesigned or replaced with components that are most efficient at the new voltage? Again, I really don't know anything about this sort of stuff so maybe what I just said is complete nonsense...

Very Similar to you both...I don't know what is going on. Maybe something with the MSM color?

M3LR, MSM Grey, Black seats, Aero, No FSD
OD: 11/13/21
Original EDD: Mid December
Pushed to: 12/21-12/31
Pushed to: 1/17-2/20
Pushed to: 2/8-3/8
Located in Virginia

Never place it on hold, just keeps getting pushed back...I feel like I have been waiting forever. Almost backed out a few times and just bought a new subaru forester instead to replace my old one....trying to hang in there and hoping it is worth the wait.
Same config as you, posted about it in this thread a couple weeks ago. OD 11/16, advertised EDD December '21. Ordered in FL but registering in CA since I just moved to Los Angeles.
The first time I checked the EDD (didn't look at it much initially) it was mid-Feb to mid-March.
Sometime in December the EDD changed to 1/27 - 2/24, where it has remained since.

It's kind of frustrating to see later orders already taking delivery, or getting VINs back in December then putting on hold. I understand that the "spot in line" is never going to be exact due to location and production logistics, but it seems that putting down money for a "reservation" is more of a vague lottery.