Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, it is normal to have odometer reading of 15 miles for a vehicle which would be delivered directly to my residence
M3LR Midnight Silver/black interior/ 18'' Aero Wheels/No FSD/SF bay Area.
Got a text stating that vehicle can be delivered today. But review agreement states that vehicle has 15 miles
OD: Nov 2021
Current delivery date: Jan 30th
Yes. They set at 15 by default because they will drive the car to your house. When mine arrived, it only has 8 miles but still says 15 on the paper

Reactions: Maple00
All these Cali VINs making me jealous but also hopeful, new edd today.

Pickup socal
OD: 11/26/2021 - LR/MSM/Black/Aero no FSD

11/26: 1st EDD: 1/21 - 2/18
12/4: 2nd EDD: 12/31 - 1/28
1/1: 3rd EDD: 1/9 - 2/6
1/10: 4th EDD: 1/20 - 2/17
1/21: 5th EDD: 1/26 - 2/23
1/22: 6th EDD: 1/25 - 2/8
1/26: 7th EDD: 1/28 - 2/9
1/29: 8th EDD: 1/31 - 2/10
Yours is coming I can feel it

So you think waiting 2-3 months for your Model 3 is bad, huh?

I ordered my first Model 3 in March 2016. I didn't get the car until March 2018. Imagine the anticipation of being in this waiting room for 2 years!

It didn't help that ever-accurate Elon declared that mass production was ready and would begin in July 2017. We all ran out and bought a bunch of accessories, wired up chargers and... waited. And waited. And waited some more! Tesla made all of 260 Model 3s in that first quarter (Q3 2017) far undershooting Elon's production promises. And none of those went to customers. Tesla made all of 1,542 Model 3s in Q4 2017 (also far undershooting the production roadmap) and only a very few of those went to customers. Clearly the COVID supply chain issues hit Tesla much earlier than most companies!

I was one of the very first to order the car (camped in line hours early) and I finally received it on Thursday, March 29, 2018... 8 months after "mass production" started to hear Elon tell it. And I hope to never, ever receive another car at the very end of a Tesla Quarter again (but that's another story).

So you Tesla youngsters who are stressed about waiting a few months don't know anything! My generation had it way worse than you! Now GET OFF MY LAWN!!! (But thank you for making the world a little better.) :p

Sorry if this information is easily found somewhere, but my Google-fu is perhaps weak today. Does anyone happen to know what the hours are for the Fremont factory pickup on Saturdays? I got a message saying I could pick up the car today, but I can't make it there before 5PM. I tried calling the center, but got no answer. Tesla's website says the "Store" is open until 8PM, but I don't think that is the same thing as delivery.

EDIT: Got a call back from Fremont - they are indeed open until 8PM for pickups on Saturdays.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlThompson
So you think waiting 2-3 months for your Model 3 is bad, huh?

I ordered my first Model 3 in March 2016. I didn't get the car until March 2018. Imagine the anticipation of being in this waiting room for 2 years!

It didn't help that ever-accurate Elon declared that mass production was ready and would begin in July 2017. We all ran out and bought a bunch of accessories, wired up chargers and... waited. And waited. And waited some more! Tesla made all of 260 Model 3s in that first quarter (Q3 2017) far undershooting Elon's production promises. And none of those went to customers. Tesla made all of 1,542 Model 3s in Q4 2017 (also far undershooting the production roadmap) and only a very few of those went to customers. Clearly the COVID supply chain issues hit Tesla much earlier than most companies!

I was one of the very first to order the car (camped in line hours early) and I finally received it on Thursday, March 29, 2018... 8 months after "mass production" started to hear Elon tell it. And I hope to never, ever receive another car at the very end of a Tesla Quarter again (but that's another story).

So you Tesla youngsters who are stressed about waiting a few months don't know anything! My generation had it way worse than you! Now GET OFF MY LAWN!!! (But thank you for making the world a little better.) :p

My boyfriend bought his M3LR a few years back and was surprised when I told him about these “waiting room” forums and how I’m checking the app for EDD updates at least daily since I ordered my car in mid-Nov. I guess he placed his order and then just went on with life as usual until he was contacted about picking up his car some 6 weeks later. Such freedom from anticipation 😂

Search your texts on your phone for texts that came from Tesla. You probably got one just after you turned in your order that says something like "Welcome to the Tesla family!" At the bottom, it says to reply to that text if you have any questions. That's the text you use to contact "your" SA, from what I understand.
Thanks so much, you are correct and it worked! Evidently TBD is normal for awhile

Just called Tesla and told them I can't take delivery tomorrow. They were willing to hold the car until Friday because of this storm :oops: They even said I can except delivery after hours (7pm in my case) and drop the documents in the dropbox.
I was actually calling to cancel then they suggested holding the vehicle lol. Seeing all these people with the AMD chip plus wanting to apply for this Carolina Cooperative FCU 1.99% rate vs 2.49% Tesla. It actually makes sense to release the VIN. Lower payments and AMD chip.

Does anyone know which credit reporting agency they pull credit from? (Carolina Cooperative FCU) Thanks

Ugh, I rejected my old 154xxx VIN and few days later got assigned to another 154xxx VIN (a different one). So they’re still floating around…
Oh no. I am thinking of rejecting VIN. Looks like they won't assign newly built cars if you reject. They will just assign another rejected Vin if it the same smh. I see it's white seats. I also have white seats but MSM. Looks like those have early VIN's

For SF bayarea, do we need to pay via ACH before seeing the car? I’m thinking of bringing a personal paycheck
Yes - you need to pay for the car before you can take possession, and they won't accept a personal check. So, you need to do ACH, or I think they may accept a cashier's check. Also, of course, if you are financing it, the bank needs to have sent the remainder to Tesla.

Yes - you need to pay for the car before you can take possession, and they won't accept a personal check. So, you need to do ACH, or I think they may accept a cashier's check. Also, of course, if you are financing it, the bank needs to have sent the remainder to Tesla.
Many thanks! Do I have to do ACH days before delivery to wait for it to be settled? Or I can submit it just before accepting thr car.