Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just looked at the ordering page. The standard range M3 was showing Sept. 2022 and now showing May 2022 as is the Performance Model. The Long range is now showing April. Which when I ordered my LR it was May. I am hoping that means there is some adjustment being made to address boosts in orders over the past 3 weeks.
I ordered a M3LR on 3/4 with FSD and still showing an EDD of 5/24-6/21 even though online it's showing new M3LR + FSD will deliver in April... hoping this updated mine.

Reactions: mystryman007
M3LR/Blue/Black/19"/FSD/DC area
OD: 02/04/2022
EDD: 03/07-03/31
EDD: 03/12-03/26
VIN: 03/10 Fremont 205

This involves a low-value trade-in and a cash payment. For anyone doing a trade-in, be sure to get all the information perfect the first time you enter it because their web interface doesn't allow for updates. Further, the SA doesn't appear to have the tools to sort things out. It seems that once a trade-in VIN is entered, that's it; it will stay however you describe it. I'm still not sure what Tesla thinks the condition of my trade-in might be. For the money involved, I doubt they care.

I'm an adherent to the theory that says that high margin vehicles are being built first. Tesla wants cash, so first and foremost look at the amount of cash you'll be ponying up. For those of you frustrated by the lack of activity, I think it's because a lot of people are piling on orders because of the state of the world right now, and every order that is higher margin than yours is going to be built before yours. That was a contributing factor to my adding FSD late - I want the car sooner rather than later (but having a more capable car is nice too)

My SA has been helpful and courteous throughout, though I get the sense that they're probably doing SA work as a side gig. Responses to text messages can take an hour or so, and if I text two messages, the SA will only respond to the second one - because they're undoubtedly just playing whack-a-mole with text messages being fired at them by 20 or 30 people. Further, I'm not seeing any initiative from them. For example, I got my VIN but received no notification. I just noticed it in my regular checks.

If SA work really is a side gig then we should all expect to get highly variable levels of service from them because it will be based on their personal work ethic, skill level, and personality.
I also added FSD for that very reason and I have the same OD as you, but likely because i am in NY my EDD was pushed back. Still hoping for end of month if they want that extra 12k from me.

M3LR / MSM / Black / Aero / No FSD
OD - 1/29
EDD1 - March 2022
EDD2 - 3/6 - 3/31
EDD3 - 3/5 - 3/19
EDD4 - 3/8 - 3/14 with VIN (192xxx - AMD Ryzen, new Li-on battery confirmed)
EDD5 - Scheduled delivery for 3/14 at Austin TX

Tesla insurance purchased. $82 balance paid. DCU loan processed and check is being overnighted to Tesla today.

Called Tesla to inform, SA asked me to email check tracking number and scan to [email protected], did that. Asked if delivery date can be moved in, SA mentioned car is in transit and should reach Austin around 3/11, if the service center can get it ready earlier they will contact me.
So I texted Tesla today asking if the vehicle has arrived and any possibility of bringing in the delivery appointment, they replied asking if tomorrow the same time is ok, which I confirmed.

So expecting to graduate from this thread tomorrow :cool:. Will carry the delivery checklist.

Summary so far -

M3LR / MSM / Black / Aero / No FSD
OD - 1/29
EDD1 - March 2022
EDD2 - 3/6 - 3/31
EDD3 - 3/5 - 3/19
EDD4 - 3/8 - 3/14 with VIN (192xxx - AMD Ryzen, new Li-on battery confirmed)
EDD5 - Scheduled delivery for 3/14 at Austin TX
EDD6 - Scheduled delivery for 3/12 at Austin TX

Well everyone, looks like I'm going to graduate here MUCH earlier than I expected. I called Tesla and was able to get into a very similar configuration and it should be here within 1-2 weeks. It has a 201xxx VIN so I'm super happy
How did you pull that off? 800 number or delivery center? I’ve been trying to do the same but most agents aren’t willing to do anything but give canned answers.

I also added FSD for that very reason and I have the same OD as you, but likely because i am in NY my EDD was pushed back. Still hoping for end of month if they want that extra 12k from me.
If you look at the Tesla web site configuration page for the Model 3 Long Range, they're quoting May 2022 for ALL configurations - except for those with FSD, which show April 2022. Until just a few days ago, ordering a minimum configuration would push out the delivery date, while selecting almost any priced option would bring it in. Unfortunately, I never fiddled with the FSD option when looking at delivery dates so I don't know if that used to have any effect.

In any case, it looks like they've decided to make FSD their threshold point.

If you look at the Tesla web site configuration page for the Model 3 Long Range, they're quoting May 2022 for ALL configurations - except for those with FSD, which show April 2022. Until just a few days ago, ordering a minimum configuration would push out the delivery date, while selecting almost any priced option would bring it in. Unfortunately, I never fiddled with the FSD option when looking at delivery dates so I don't know if that used to have any effect.

In any case, it looks like they've decided to make FSD their threshold point.
I ordered in Feb with FSD, and my EDD is still May 3-31. Maybe in the next few days they'll reduce it back to April for me?

I ordered in Feb with FSD, and my EDD is still May 3-31. Maybe in the next few days they'll reduce it back to April for me?
I wouldn't be surprised at all. You're in the queue miles before the people who are ordering vehicles with FSD today and they're supposed to get them in April. So long as they're doing scheduling with software (FSD always first) and not with some guy in a back room with a clipboard (oops, lost that page), I would think that you should get moved up.

I'm a big fan of what Tesla has accomplished, but the idea of holding an essential monopoly on electric cars and declaring that a $12,000 software option is fundamentally the deciding point on whether you get a car seems fairly predatory. If somebody orders a base Model 3 Long Range today, how many people ordering vehicles with FSD are going to keep butting in line ahead of them? They may not see a car for many months. This is classic wealth privilege; buying a spot in line. Far better would be to just work on a first-come-first-served basis.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. You're in the queue miles before the people who are ordering vehicles with FSD today and they're supposed to get them in April. So long as they're doing scheduling with software (FSD always first) and not with some guy in a back room with a clipboard (oops, lost that page), I would think that you should get moved up.

I'm a big fan of what Tesla has accomplished, but the idea of holding an essential monopoly on electric cars and declaring that a $12,000 software option is fundamentally the deciding point on whether you get a car seems fairly predatory. If somebody orders a base Model 3 Long Range today, how many people ordering vehicles with FSD are going to keep butting in line ahead of them? They may not see a car for many months. This is classic wealth privilege; buying a spot in line. Far better would be to just work on a first-come-first-served basis.
Have you been to Disney lately? 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: journeyman846
Fastpasses!!!!!! Grrrrrr! :mad::mad::mad:

I ordered with FSD because I figured if I didnt, the prices would switch to subscription only, increase or both. Will be interesting to see if my delivery time bumps up from the current May 28th to June 26th EDD.
Yeah, I ordered FSD because 1) I wanted it and 2) I know price is going up, so best to get in on the front end.

That is great and makes me feel very happy I didnt go performance. In the end I wanted to range anyway, but having the option to boost for $2k vs the price increase of performance, that is great.
So this is something that can be added whenever you want OTA? That's cool if so...I know I saw a video on this forum I believe about some guys hacking Tesla's software and doing it for like a grand. I personally wouldn't because I'm sure it would void the warranty.