Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was shocked at how they were forcing people to remove hold and accept delivery back in February.
They've done this before (December 2021). Apparently there's a 90 day limit on holds and I guess Tesla decided to remind everyone who has been going longer than that. Tesla had been letting things slide up until December 2021, and it looks like they're getting more serious about enforcing the limit.

Keep in mind, Tesla sent out a mass email notifying customers that they will forfeit deposits and order if they don’t remove hold by 2/10. My hold was set automatically because I refused to accept delivery and Tesla placed my hold from mid December until April. I was shocked at how they were forcing people to remove hold and accept delivery back in February. Given all of that, there might be a large backlog of order from early February that they’re trying to fill.
Woah, can you link a thread on this? I ordered on 10/29 and put a hold on it for 90 day (max Tesla would allow me) so came off old late Jan. Never heard of these emails!

OD: Feb 19, 2022
1st EDD: May
2nd EDD: March 28-April 26
3rd EDD: March 14 - March 28
Current EDD: March 17 - March 29
No VIN yet

Los Angeles, CA
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
19’’ Sport Wheels
Black Interior
No FSD
Wow you ordered only 9 days before me but your EDD is over 2 months earlier than mine. Must be the 19” wheels. Mine is white with 18” LR. Both in California too.

OD: Feb 19, 2022
1st EDD: May
2nd EDD: March 28-April 26
3rd EDD: March 14 - March 28
Current EDD: March 17 - March 29
No VIN yet

Los Angeles, CA
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
19’’ Sport Wheels
Black Interior
No FSD
We have the same config but I ordered 6 days before you. One diff is the order screen said “April” for me, not May. Maybe some sort of cutoff happened in between. I think there may still be hope for you since you haven’t been bumped to Apr/May like other ODs in Feb (knock wood). I had EDD as last week in March up until this morning when I got my vin.

We have the same config but I ordered 6 days before you. One diff is the order screen said “April” for me, not May. Maybe some sort of cutoff happened in between. I think there may still be hope for you since you haven’t been bumped to Apr/May like other ODs in Feb (knock wood). I had EDD as last week in March up until this morning when I got my vin.
Congrats on the VIN! I'm anxiously waiting for midnight when my EDD will update. I've got no trade-in, and financing outside Tesla; I've heard no trade-in helps speed things up.

Just curious if anyone who ordered the last week of Feb or first week in March have seen their EDD's get moved sooner or later? I dont expect to see my day update anytime soon. Just wondering if its orders from Early Feb or late Feb that are starting to see movement as a gage.
I ordered on 2/7 and had a March EDD. On 2/14 it changed to May 1-29, no change since. No FSD so it will probably remain a May deliver.

Reactions: Sheefo2k
Just curious if anyone who ordered the last week of Feb or first week in March have seen their EDD's get moved sooner or later? I dont expect to see my day update anytime soon. Just wondering if its orders from Early Feb or late Feb that are starting to see movement as a gage.
Ordered 2/26. My one and only EDD is May 13-June 10. Haven’t had any change since. I‘m at LEAST hoping for an early May delivery if not sooner.

Something that would probably avoid a lot of questions about each others' orders, delivery dates, locations and such would be to update your profile signature with that information. To update your signature, click on your name at the top of the page, click on the gear icon, then the word "Signature". That will allow you to enter text that should show up under each post you make.

Reactions: gagirl65
Ordered Feb. 23rd
initial EDD May 24 - June 21
Received 2nd EDD April 20 - May 18 about a week later and hasn't moved since.

Reactions: mystryman007