Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Threw my money at Tesla, signed all the disclosures, officially picking up my car in less than 24 hours! Here's to hoping there are no issues.

Currently insurance shopping, my rates are quite expensive. Don't really understand as I have had my license for 17 years now, with zero accidents/tickets on record. Low mileage due to working from home. AAA is currently my best option.

For all you Seattle folks who might be checking the existing inventory page, there's a couple of 2021 Model 3 LRs showing up that have less than 50 miles on the odometer and not marked as demo vehicles.

Asked my SA if I could match to one, but according to their internal database those cars are actually showing up as pre-production vehicles with no ETA to the service centers. He advised that keeping your existing reservation should result in getting a delivery quicker, so back to waiting. :)

For all you Seattle folks who might be checking the existing inventory page, there's a couple of 2021 Model 3 LRs showing up that have less than 50 miles on the odometer and not marked as demo vehicles.

Asked my SA if I could match to one, but according to their internal database those cars are actually showing up as pre-production vehicles with no ETA to the service centers. He advised that keeping your existing reservation should result in getting a delivery quicker, so back to waiting. :)
I saw one that was almost the same one I order but had 19" wheels (mine has 18"). Was tempted to inquire ... thanks for update :). Question - What are pre-production vehicles with no ETA?

Reactions: Jeff Davlt

Are these vehicles that are destined for Seattle, but will eventually be matched to someone already? It seems that this happens every once in a while where cars still rolling off the line are matched to locations prior to them being matched to actual owners.

Looks like there's plenty of M3Ps available in Seattle.

Just spoke with the Reno, NV showroom. I called because the website shows a bunch of non-demo new M3 are listed as available. Apparently that is incorrect as I was told they do not have any available right now. I still do not have a VIN but was told that I should be getting the automated message between the 19th-21st with that information. Nice to have a little more information now at least.

I saw one that was almost the same one I order but had 19" wheels (mine has 18"). Was tempted to inquire ... thanks for update :). Question - What are pre-production vehicles with no ETA?
From how my SA explained it, it sounds like they're extra inventory cars produced at the tail end of the quarterly rush that are headed to service centers in the Seattle area but with no buyers matched to them. I bet they'll be matched to last-minute buyers who purchase within the next few days, which is why the website still quotes a 1-3 week delivery date if you buy one from existing inventory today.

It's kind of hard to find. Click here: Tesla SSO - Sign In

login, You have to pick a "dummy" category like "vehicles and app features". Then it asks if that helped, you can click you need more help then a "chat with us" window will open. The couple times I have chatted, I asked a legit question about charging etc, then asked about sales/delivery. They were pretty nice about answering any questions you may have
I did the live chat today and they said there was no update and he would let me SA know to reach out to me. I order the midnight grey on Feb 4th and live north of Seattle