Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meet Mochi:
1615956415001.png

Now the bads:
Got some pretty bad gaps.
Driver door doesn't close properly unless you SLAM it. This was readjusted on the spot, but now the backseat corresponding door doesn't close properly.
Passenger side door has a dent.
Backseat head rest has a rip in the leather.
Finally, my charger is faulty... tested on another Tesla.

I plan to go to a SC tomorrow to swap out the charger immediately, as this is quite important, but for the rest, I have an appointment on Tuesday.

Meet Mochi:
View attachment 645181

Now the bads:
Driver door doesn't close properly unless you SLAM it. This was readjusted on the spot, but now the backseat corresponding door doesn't close properly.

I plan to go to a SC tomorrow to swap out the charger immediately, as this is quite important, but for the rest, I have an appointment on Tuesday.
You look thrilled, I’m excited for you! ...but dang, I was hoping that the days of bad gaps and finicky doors were over. I hope you’re enjoying it nonetheless and that they get everything fixed up for you.

edit: I love its name btw lol

Reactions: HappyDude
Meet Mochi:
View attachment 645181

Now the bads:

Congrats on finally taking delivery! Got any pictures of the gaps? Curious how bad they are.

Here are a few of the gaps. There are a few others, but hard to see in pictures:

1615961187435.png

1615961220955.png

1615961259758.png

Torn leather
1615961197259.png

I'm particularly annoyed at my faulty charger. It lights up and everything, just doesn't charge:
1615961307111.png

Tried nema 14-50 and regular 120. Tried on another Tesla as well. Fortunately I have a Chevy Volt, so am currently using that to charge my Tesla... I plan to go to SC tomorrow to get this fixed immediately.

Here are a few of the gaps. There are a few others, but hard to see in pictures:

View attachment 645189
View attachment 645191
View attachment 645192

Torn leather
View attachment 645190

I'm particularly annoyed at my faulty charger. It lights up and everything, just doesn't charge:
View attachment 645193
Tried nema 14-50 and regular 120. Tried on another Tesla as well. Fortunately I have a Chevy Volt, so am currently using that to charge my Tesla... I plan to go to SC tomorrow to get this fixed immediately.
This is the last thing I wanted to see before bed. The rip and failed charge function are unacceptable. How did they not catch these issues at the delivery SC? Please keep us updated and good luck.

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
This is the last thing I wanted to see before bed. The rip and failed charge function are unacceptable. How did they not catch these issues at the delivery SC? Please keep us updated and good luck.

For what it's worth, the drive home was extremely fun!

I had to accept delivery to open the car. They stated I had 24 hours to report any problems. I drove straight to a SC where they adjusted my door and documented the other issues. Charging issue I didn't know until I got home.

For what it's worth, the drive home was extremely fun!

I had to accept delivery to open the car. They stated I had 24 hours to report any problems. I drove straight to a SC where they adjusted my door and documented the other issues. Charging issue I didn't know until I got home.
You seem to have a good attitude about everything. Hope everything gets fixed!!