Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it makes you feel any better, I was told the exact same thing last weekend. Except my SA called me back after ten minutes, not ten hours....
It wasn't even my SA. He was off yesterday. It was a guy in sales from the chat feature on the main page. I wouldn't have been annoyed if it was 10 minutes instead of 10 hours. If it wasn't for one of my SA's coworkers tracking him down for me, I would've probably never heard from him and just thought I had a VIN that wasn't showing up on my account.

I think its been going extremely good for me since ordering last Thursday, however I still have those Tesla jitters. Below is my information...

Car: M3 LR Red with black interior and 18" wheels (no FSD)

Order date: 3/10/21
VIN on: 3/12/21 (quickly added to my insurance same day)
Deposit paid over phone on: 3/16/21 (guy said it went through but hasn't been taken out of my bank yet)

Still waiting to sign any docs electronically and schedule a delivery day. My days went from 26th-31st, 22nd-28th, 20th-26th, to now showing 19th-25th. Planning on calling my SC in a half hour when they open since my SA is useless. What do you guys think? Am I getting it fast still? And if so? How come I'm getting mine in a week and a halfish from my order date when people are waiting a month or longer?

Also basic question... People seem to be making this all about that VIN #. Does getting that mean your vehicle deliver is pretty much right around the corner?

Also basic question... People seem to be making this all about that VIN #. Does getting that mean your vehicle deliver is pretty much right around the corner?

Two reasons for me: 1. a VIN means the car actually exists (at least is in the process of existing) and not just a tick mark in a column on some spreadsheet somewhere. 2. If its far enough along to get VIN'ed theres no way I can see them not making my end of quarter delivery estimate.

for example, in my state, average VIN to pickup is 2-3 days...

I think its been going extremely good for me since ordering last Thursday, however I still have those Tesla jitters. Below is my information...

Car: M3 LR Red with black interior and 18" wheels (no FSD)

Order date: 3/10/21
VIN on: 3/12/21 (quickly added to my insurance same day)
Deposit paid over phone on: 3/16/21 (guy said it went through but hasn't been taken out of my bank yet)

Still waiting to sign any docs electronically and schedule a delivery day. My days went from 26th-31st, 22nd-28th, 20th-26th, to now showing 19th-25th. Planning on calling my SC in a half hour when they open since my SA is useless. What do you guys think? Am I getting it fast still? And if so? How come I'm getting mine in a week and a halfish from my order date when people are waiting a month or longer?

Yes, call your SC and they will help you set up delivery. If your SA isn't on it, they will help.

You are further out from California so they want to get you a car as it takes longer to travel there. That is why you got it before other people - as well as ordering close to quarter end. All US cars are made in March.

Your VIN is pretty much the 2nd to last step - Tesla assigns VINs once the cars are complete and ready to be transported. Depending on where in the US you are, it could be 1-2 days up to 2 weeks to get delivery. The VIN is just the most exhilirating part before the delivery itself - its such a satisfying feeling to see it after refreshing for weeks.

I appreciate the immediate response and the help you guys have already provided. I called my SA (my SC doesn't open for another 15 min) and she said my car is "scheduled" to arrive on the 22nd and that they have to inspect it and everything which takes 24 hours so the soonest i would be able to pick it up would be the 24th (a week from now). Now obviously the 22nd is just a rough guess much like my 19th-25th range is to begin with. I still plan to call my SC here in a few to see what they say and will update you.

Just a head’s up folks. After receiving our VIN this evening I noted our quoted sale price for the LR AWD option went up $1,000 to $11,990, which is $500 more than even the current website configurator. I’ve asked our Tesla loan rep about this, but expect we’ll be paying the new price for this upgrade vice the option price when we ordered the car.
My order agreement PDF still shows that price, but under completed tasks and price details it shows 10990. Did it change under price details?

Hey guys. Just joined this forum. Have been following the waiting rooms here for the past 2 days since tesla made their forums read-only.
Received my VIN (927xxx) this morning for my Red M3 LR, Black interior, 18" wheels, and no FSD. Ordered on Feb 6th and made no changes since then

Reactions: mthurman