Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a head’s up folks. After receiving our VIN this evening I noted our quoted sale price for the LR AWD option went up $1,000 to $11,990, which is $500 more than even the current website configurator. I’ve asked our Tesla loan rep about this, but expect we’ll be paying the new price for this upgrade vice the option price when we ordered the car.

Last edited:
Just a head’s up folks. After receiving our VIN this evening I noted our quoted sale price for the LR AWD option went up $1,000 to $11,990. I’ve asked our Tesla loan rep about this, but expect we’ll be paying the new price for this upgrade vice the option price when we ordered the car.
Interesting. I thought the price you ordered at was what you paid. That’s pretty crappy if they impose the price increase on us.

You seem to have a good attitude about everything. Hope everything gets fixed!!
Another question - did the price of your original order agreement increase??
Just a head’s up folks. After receiving our VIN this evening I noted our quoted sale price for the LR AWD option went up $1,000 to $11,990. I’ve asked our Tesla loan rep about this, but expect we’ll be paying the new price for this upgrade vice the option price when we ordered the car

Just a head’s up folks. After receiving our VIN this evening I noted our quoted sale price for the LR AWD option went up $1,000 to $11,990, which is $500 more than even the current website configurator. I’ve asked our Tesla loan rep about this, but expect we’ll be paying the new price for this upgrade vice the option price when we ordered the car.
Mine still shows $10,990 which is what it changed to after the earlier drop

My trade in offer expired a couple of days ago and I had to submit new mileage. It’s been sitting on “Trade-in Valuation In Progress” for two days now. Anyone have any idea how long this takes? I’m picking up the car Monday so I’d like to know the change, if any, with enough time to check other options

My trade in offer expired a couple of days ago and I had to submit new mileage. It’s been sitting on “Trade-in Valuation In Progress” for two days now. Anyone have any idea how long this takes? I’m picking up the car Monday so I’d like to know the change, if any, with enough time to check other options
I'd go with Carvana if you can. They quoted me $6k more on my trade-in than through Tesla. The last time I got a quote through Tesla, it took 15 minutes.

I'd go with Carvana if you can. They quoted me $6k more on my trade-in than through Tesla. The last time I got a quote through Tesla, it took 15 minutes.
I checked Carvana and Vroom and they were lower. Tesla's offer was based off of data given to my SA at the test drive. I actually had to jump through a few hoops to get that to stay since Tesla's system wasn't honoring the 7 day commitment. We aren't talking a lot here for a car well north of 200k miles but that extra $1k is nice. Also trading in to Tesla lowers taxes on the new vehicle a bit.

Happy for you! I actually just had a SA from St. Louis call me and say they found me a VIN if I would be able to take delivery there instead of KC. It was only an hour extra of driving so I very happily accepted. I can't express the pressure that just came off my shoulders. I sold my other car to Vroom and have been sharing with the wife.
Update on this:

The guy I was speaking to ended up ghosting me all day. I was finally able to get ahold of him nearly 10 hours later and he said that he was unable to match me to the car and basically left it at that. It is frustrating after hearing this news because he pretty much gave me a guarantee that he would be able to match me to the car. He told me that to match to a pre-production car, you have to start a new order (pay the now higher price of the car, the $100 deposit, and $500 to have it shipped to the SC.) I was told my by SA I should go ahead and sell the car I already had since I was trading into Vroom and not Tesla. I was only conditionally approved for my car so I had to trade in or sell the car to complete the terms on my financing and thus complete my pre-delivery tasks. I am now sharing a car with my wife, which is more difficult than I thought it would be, and my delivery estimate has disappeared for 3 days now. I feel like I am stuck in some Tesla purgatory with no insight on when I will get out.

TLDR; I was told I would be matched to a pre-production car and then told they were unable to match me 10 hours later.

Update on this:

The guy I was speaking to ended up ghosting me all day. I was finally able to get ahold of him nearly 10 hours later and he said that he was unable to match me to the car and basically left it at that. It is frustrating after hearing this news because he pretty much gave me a guarantee that he would be able to match me to the car. He told me that to match to a pre-production car, you have to start a new order (pay the now higher price of the car, the $100 deposit, and $500 to have it shipped to the SC.) I was told my by SA I should go ahead and sell the car I already had since I was trading into Vroom and not Tesla. I was only conditionally approved for my car so I had to trade in or sell the car to complete the terms on my financing and thus complete my pre-delivery tasks. I am now sharing a car with my wife, which is more difficult than I thought it would be, and my delivery estimate has disappeared for 3 days now. I feel like I am stuck in some Tesla purgatory with no insight on when I will get out.

TLDR; I was told I would be matched to a pre-production car and then told they were unable to match me 10 hours later.
That's some shady s**t right there

Reactions: HarryWillie
Ordered 2/14
Received Vin# today: 3/17
Delivery date changed from 3/31 to 3/12-3/26
M3LR-red (black interior) 19" wheels
Picking up in Charlotte, NC
My wife's car is similar (though White interior).
She also got her VIN today.
Estimated delivery went from March 31-31 over the weekend, to blank yesterday, to March 17 (today) - 24.

It is all so odd. Her payment button appeared the same day as her VIN. I got my VIN last week, but I have no payment button and my delivery date is the last 3 days of the month. The whole thing is very odd.

Last edited:
Update on this:

If it makes you feel any better, I was told the exact same thing last weekend. Except my SA called me back after ten minutes, not ten hours....