Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Graduation Post! 🎉🎉🎉

I am very bad with anything related to graduation. I never went to my bachelor's graduation, masters graduation and kind of ghosted this forum as soon as I got my car, lol. Though -- I had spent way too much time here, and not at my work and had to go on an overdrive to get work things back on track. I have an obsessive personality, and cannot wait for things. Waiting for this car took up way too much of my time, but y'all were awesome. Hanging out here, discussing, shooting *sugar*, posting memes and most important sharing very crucial and important information such as matrix lights - was so so helpful -- and after the longest fkin wait -- getting hands on this beast is WELL WORTH IT.

Sexy, sexy, sexy piece of machine. It's amazing. The speed blows my mind every time I set foot on the pedal. I cannot go back to the snails anymore. Next car is probably a Lambo or a Ferrari but probably not, because they may not be able to match the tech. My gf, actually fiance (I got engaged the same weekend as I got the car) literally wouldn't let me stop driving around. We drove around seattle for 8 hours. Literally in circles, testing the acceleration, hands free driving, the works. Hell, I made some reels for the first time, making full use of the auto-pilot. Also - it's insanely cheap to fill up as compared to gas! Superchargers cost like 10$ for 20 -> 90%. Home charging is half of that. Most of the places I visit, like work, markets, have free charging. It's insanity that I am getting this super-car like performance for free.

I have a terrible commute, 160 miles one way, and was doing that in my old car, a civic. No features, not even a keyless start lol. And driving through the highway traffic, sometimes late at night, in intense rains, I needed this car. Commute now, is a breeze. Even in intense pouring rain, the auto-pilot drives like a champ. I pick a lane and let this beauty go and it shimmers away in the wake of the magnificent radiance of the matrix reflectors. Audio system is so so so good. God, I have been listening to music non-stop. The cruise control also helps me catch up on important meetings and podcasts without much distraction. I wish they bring subscription FSD to canada. Even though 90% of my drive is in US -- I can't use the US FSD as the car is Canadian.

It is also a very humbling and proud moment for me. Just 6 years back, I was a fresh grad with a first job offer of 100$ a month. Ended up working for a company for 400$ a month. And here I am, just a short while later driving an 80000$ car. Never in my dreams did I think of seeing such a day.

Couple of learnings:

- Buying a Tesla car is a DIY project -- there isn't a negotiation part, but they still may short change you eg Matrix Lights. Gotta be alert and informed.
- Initial EDD is usually the most accurate EDD, there may be ups and downs to this
- Fancier builds do get prioritized but difference isn't by much
- It's a lifestyle change. I was very limited in the options of renting because I only wanted a place with at least a trickle charger in parking. Vancouver area, thankfully has several of these (Craigslist is awesome with "EV" filter) Charging at home helps like crazy -- do prioritize it. But superchargers are awesome as well so dont let home charging hold you back
- SAs are greatat times. I arrived at the decision to buy a Tesla because SAs patiently answered all my questions and they are very knowledgable, some of them at-least. Especially when someone has little to no idea about Tesla as an outsider.

@yvr_bbq wasn't just gonna disappear yo

@doodlebob424 I knew your car was on the next truck -- so happy to see your graduation post

Vancity be rolling now 😎

1653372112308.png

1653372015140.png

There was a discussion in this forum a while back about the FSD capabilities -- really nice and insightful discussion around the nuances of it -- in words of elon -- link with the starting timestamp:

It does get a little technical at times, though I know there are several ML experts hanging out here so feel free to ask them clarifications and hopefully someone will oblige.

Reactions: Tizzy
Nope. When I placed the order, it said home delivery was not available. So I had to pick up at the closest Tesla dealership. When I got my VIN, and was finalizing delivery, it showed that it would be delivered to my house. I contacted Tesla and they confirmed it would be a home delivery.

So odd. Tesla texted me this answer when I asked about home delivery vs pickup over the weekend.

"We only offer deliveries for customers that are over 220 miles away from the closest pick up center, at a cost."

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
So odd. Tesla texted me this answer when I asked about home delivery vs pickup over the weekend.

"We only offer deliveries for customers that are over 220 miles away from the closest pick up center, at a cost."
That’s always been their standard answer but we’ve seen people post that they live 10 minutes away from a service center get home delivery assigned to them in the final days.

Reactions: Soosh and Maric
I’m guessing full parking lots is why? Have a look around their lot and see if there’s room for more deliveries.
My guess too. Not in my area though. I’m in a suburb of Memphis and the most I’ve ever seen at our Tesla lot is maybe 15 cars and at least half of those belong to the Service employees. I’ve never even been able to test drive one because there are never any here to drive. I had to go sit at a big charging station and wait so I could see the red color in person. Memphis isn’t leading the way in EV’s by any means. I live 15 minutes from the service center and they’ll probably schedule me for home delivery. Our local SA just announced on FB that he was quitting. My husband thinks I’m crazy for buying this but I just want to drive a computer.

My guess too. Not in my area though. I’m in a suburb of Memphis and the most I’ve ever seen at our Tesla lot is maybe 15 cars and at least half of those belong to the Service employees. I’ve never even been able to test drive one because there are never any here to drive. I had to go sit at a big charging station and wait so I could see the red color in person. Memphis isn’t leading the way in EV’s by any means. I live 15 minutes from the service center and they’ll probably schedule me for home delivery. Our local SA just announced on FB that he was quitting. My husband thinks I’m crazy for buying this but I just want to drive a computer.
We have two service centers here in our area, Coral Gables and Fort Lauderdale. Plus I think West Palm Beach is also a SC but I'm unsure since I live far from there. With the amount of Tesla orders waiting to be picked up or been ordered in my area, I see Tesla vehicles all around. I guess SoFla is a hotspot for EVs. But a higher risk of getting a rejected VIN in my order. Lol.

That’s always been their standard answer but we’ve seen people post that they live 10 minutes away from a service center get home delivery assigned to them in the final days.
Exactly, we've seen several people get home delivery recently and they weren't expecting it. I have 155 miles each way and fully intend to pick mine up but I wouldn't complain about a 'free' delivery.

I’ve been thinking for some time of why I’m at a four week window with an OD still not a month old. Either way, I won’t expect my current EDD to stay long since Feb-Mar orders are still being fulfilled. So I’m pretending my EDD is still Oct-Dec and have time to buy the wall charger.
I have same config but white exterior, ordered 4/7 & I still have a 5 weeks window. Yours is almost my original EDD. I am hoping yours is right and mine pulls back in. :)

I see, that makes sense. Will the delivery be speed up if I add FSD? If so, do you know by how much earlier? I am actually considering to try out FSD but still little bit hesitant. If it can speed up the delivery by great amount, I might just add it.
FSD will not accelerate delivery. Wait until FSD is an obvious win - and hope that it's still the same price when that happens.
I think some electricians are just gouging at this point.
That's why multiple quotes are important.

Reactions: Maric
I have same config but white exterior, ordered 4/7 & I still have a 5 weeks window. Yours is almost my original EDD. I am hoping yours is right and mine pulls back in. :)
I see. Unfortunately my original is October - December (both when I had RWD in my order and when I switched to LR), but who knows. Maybe I'm part of the push or not. The quicker they build the vehicles at Fremont, the faster I'd get there, unless someone from RWD or P with an earlier OD cuts me in line.

We have two service centers here in our area, Coral Gables and Fort Lauderdale. Plus I think West Palm Beach is also a SC but I'm unsure since I live far from there. With the amount of Tesla orders waiting to be picked up or been ordered in my area, I see Tesla vehicles all around. I guess SoFla is a hotspot for EVs. But a higher risk of getting a rejected VIN in my order. Lol.

Also speaking of Coral Gables...

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
I ordered Model 3 LR last week along with Wall+Mobile connectors, and paid $850 in total (250 deposit and 600 for the connectors). However, I am not able to see either of the connectors added to my account, the order history shows empty. Is this expected? Will those connectors be delivered separately or they will come along with my car on delivery day?
They will ship separately, you will likely receive them long before you take delivery of the car.

Graduation Post! 🎉🎉🎉

I am very bad with anything related to graduation. I never went to my bachelor's graduation, masters graduation and kind of ghosted this forum as soon as I got my car, lol. Though -- I had spent way too much time here, and not at my work and had to go on an overdrive to get work things back on track. I have an obsessive personality, and cannot wait for things. Waiting for this car took up way too much of my time, but y'all were awesome. Hanging out here, discussing, shooting *sugar*, posting memes and most important sharing very crucial and important information such as matrix lights - was so so helpful -- and after the longest fkin wait -- getting hands on this beast is WELL WORTH IT.

Sexy, sexy, sexy piece of machine. It's amazing. The speed blows my mind every time I set foot on the pedal. I cannot go back to the snails anymore. Next car is probably a Lambo or a Ferrari but probably not, because they may not be able to match the tech. My gf, actually fiance (I got engaged the same weekend as I got the car) literally wouldn't let me stop driving around. We drove around seattle for 8 hours. Literally in circles, testing the acceleration, hands free driving, the works. Hell, I made some reels for the first time, making full use of the auto-pilot. Also - it's insanely cheap to fill up as compared to gas! Superchargers cost like 10$ for 20 -> 90%. Home charging is half of that. Most of the places I visit, like work, markets, have free charging. It's insanity that I am getting this super-car like performance for free.

I have a terrible commute, 160 miles one way, and was doing that in my old car, a civic. No features, not even a keyless start lol. And driving through the highway traffic, sometimes late at night, in intense rains, I needed this car. Commute now, is a breeze. Even in intense pouring rain, the auto-pilot drives like a champ. I pick a lane and let this beauty go and it shimmers away in the wake of the magnificent radiance of the matrix reflectors. Audio system is so so so good. God, I have been listening to music non-stop. The cruise control also helps me catch up on important meetings and podcasts without much distraction. I wish they bring subscription FSD to canada. Even though 90% of my drive is in US -- I can't use the US FSD as the car is Canadian.

It is also a very humbling and proud moment for me. Just 6 years back, I was a fresh grad with a first job offer of 100$ a month. Ended up working for a company for 400$ a month. And here I am, just a short while later driving an 80000$ car. Never in my dreams did I think of seeing such a day.

Couple of learnings:

- Buying a Tesla car is a DIY project -- there isn't a negotiation part, but they still may short change you eg Matrix Lights. Gotta be alert and informed.
- Initial EDD is usually the most accurate EDD, there may be ups and downs to this
- Fancier builds do get prioritized but difference isn't by much
- It's a lifestyle change. I was very limited in the options of renting because I only wanted a place with at least a trickle charger in parking. Vancouver area, thankfully has several of these (Craigslist is awesome with "EV" filter) Charging at home helps like crazy -- do prioritize it. But superchargers are awesome as well so dont let home charging hold you back
- SAs are greatat times. I arrived at the decision to buy a Tesla because SAs patiently answered all my questions and they are very knowledgable, some of them at-least. Especially when someone has little to no idea about Tesla as an outsider.

@yvr_bbq wasn't just gonna disappear yo

@doodlebob424 I knew your car was on the next truck -- so happy to see your graduation post

Vancity be rolling now 😎

View attachment 808113
View attachment 808112
Congratulations on your engagement and receiving your car! Looking good! Will see you and @yvr_bbq on the streets cruising in vancity

Today is my 3 month OD anniversary. 90 days and still no VIN.
No changes to EDD. No VIN over the weekend (prediction failed, I want my money back).
Based on past EDD's, tomorrow I'll get bumped out a week to another two week window.

I think the one thing that is irritating me more than anything is filling up my current car with gas. Each fill up, I'm like "is this the last tank of gas I'll have to purchase?". And, with fuel over $5 a gallon here now, I can't wait until I'm done with $75 gas station visits!
I wait patiently for @T-J- to update us.... fingers crossed.