Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I hear ya'll been waiting for my daily update. 🤣

No VIN yet, but I did get a new EDD this morning (as I said I would).
However, I was way off on the dates. My new EDD is a strange 10 day window of May 27 - June 7.

Is this a sign that a VIN is imminent? Will the skies open up an rain down locusts and fire? Stick around an see....something is going to happen!
I sure hope so but they did that to me a little over a week ago and then my first day came and it turned back into a 2 week window. This system is BRUTAL.

Anyone know where I can find good feedback on Tesla insurance? Their quote is about $150/yr under my best quote elsewhere.

My main concern is how much does that safety rating really swing, and do you have to drive like an angel to keep it at or above the 90 it quotes at? I’d say I’m a safe driver more often than not, not I plan to get AB and like to get on it sometimes when there’s space.

Edit: forgot to add that I’m in Illinois, if that makes any difference.

However, I was way off on the dates. My new EDD is a strange 10 day window of May 27 - June 7.

Is this a sign that a VIN is imminent? Will the skies open up an rain down locusts and fire? Stick around an see....something is going to happen!
For those who think FSD gets your car faster …ummm not so much.. I’m rooting for a Vin today for you !!!

This seems promising!! Hoping you get the vin very soon.

Looks like you also made a change on 5/22, which could have affected your EDD.
I made that change after the EDD change. I had test driven the Performance and really wanted to make the swamp but I had that 10 day and didn't want to mess it up. As soon as it moved back I said heck with it and made the change.

Over on the performance thread I see that AZ people are getting vins this morning though!

Reactions: jpaychek and T-J-
Anyone know where I can find good feedback on Tesla insurance? Their quote is about $150/yr under my best quote elsewhere.

My main concern is how much does that safety rating really swing, and do you have to drive like an angel to keep it at or above the 90 it quotes at? I’d say I’m a safe driver more often than not, not I plan to get AB and like to get on it sometimes when there’s space.

Did you try progressive? They were significantly cheaper than everywhere else I got quoted. Almost half.

Updated this morning, narrowing and moving earlier to May 26 - June 4. No VIN. I have never been edged like this in my life.
The oddity of upgrading an old order to LR, is a window that short. Use the VIN finder Chrome extension and see if it's hiding in there. It could very well be there, unless you also check for a VIN that way. It's for sure coming within the next two days.

Suspenseful. Keep us posted.
Although we will miss your daily updates.
I made that change after the EDD change. I had test driven the Performance and really wanted to make the swamp but I had that 10 day and didn't want to mess it up. As soon as it moved back I said heck with it and made the change.

Over on the performance thread I see that AZ people are getting vins this morning though!
When I switched from RWD to LR, it took 4 days for the EDD to change from the RWD EDD to the generic, first-day EDD of "Jul - Oct 2022." Then the next day showed an actual date range, of which I don't carry anymore (somehow, for an order still looking like the youngest in this thread).

I got 9 days EDD yesterday in the morning then popped up new EDD with VIN in the afternoon. Hope you to get VIN soon :)

I understand that it is easier to go with Tesla for your loan, but is it really worth it to "lose" hundreds or even thousands of dollars over a few years just to save a couple of hours applying at credit union?
I went the Tesla loan route to simplify the process. I will then refinance the loan when the rate madness settles down.

-OD 3/6 (white/black, 18” aero, no fsd) eat. May
-3/8 June 10 - July 8
-3/18 May 23 - July 4
-4/8 May 4 - June 8
-4/29 May 21 - June 18
-5/11 May 19 - June 2
-5/13 May 20 - June 3
-5/23 May 24 - June 7
-5/24 (today) vin assigned (260), pickup window 5/26-5/29

No confirmation on headlights from the Tesla text messaging number. Was never assigned an SA. Never received a trade in price, so I’m keeping my truck.

Picking up in Fremont, located in central California.

A guy is suing Tesla because the FSD is giving false pre-collision and hard braking alerts. He drives extra to ‘level’ out the score. The score will swing a lot if your driving is ‘reported’ to be unsafe. You may be safe but it’s what the car is reporting that counts.