Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I took delivery 4 days after receiving my vin. Hiline I predict you will be getting your vin by the end of the weekend. Your configuration is exactly the same as mine, also west coast and OD was 5 days after me. Your in good shape.
Thank you. I'm going to count on your prophecy for this.

Last edited:
Congrats. It all depends. A SA should be reaching out to you but if they don’t you will receive text to schedule delivery. My delivery text came about 5 hours after I received my vin. Just make sure you schedule right away so you don’t lose your car once you receive the delivery text. You also should be able to complete your insurance now through the app.
I just finished my insurance

Here are a couple scatter plots I put together based on the order spreadsheet data for Model 3 Long Range orders. The horizontal axis is calendar time and the vertical axis is elapsed time between ordering and getting a VIN / taking delivery. I did a little filtering to remove a handful of crazy outliers, and the data is voluntary so it's not at all rigorous. I offer these as a means of understanding general trends.

It's pretty obvious that times are increasing from about February 2019. I don't have any idea what was happening with that spike in 2018.

Note the almost-vertical lines present in the data from 2020 onward. Those lines are the batches of cars that Tesla is building and delivering. There's a lot to be said about the patterns here, and I'll leave it to others to sort it out.

Order to VIN.png

Order to Delivery.png

Attachments

• Order to VIN.png
    Order to VIN.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Order to Delivery.png
    Order to Delivery.png
    129 KB · Views: 38
Hi All, Been reading for quite some and finally decided to post as i think the time is approaching - and looking forward to it.

Will try and keep up with the threads and update when we get more info.

TIA for everyone sharing info!

M3LR | White | Black | Aero | No FSD | Loan | San Diego, CA | Pickup: Carlsbad
OD: 03.11.2022
ED: Was end of May (Latest is June 11 - July 9)

You are always free to release your spot to the thousands of your compatriots awaiting their own cars in SoCal ;)
I'll take it if you don't want it. It's the exact same configuration that I am waiting for and I am in SoCal too. :) It feels like it will never happen for me. My EDD is not changing and the wait is excruciating. Especially, when you see people around you getting their VINs close to or after your OD.

I'm actually wondering if my car is a reject lol 261xxx VIN with VIN assignment date of 6/1, even though my EDD was 6/6-6/19. Seeing a lot of people here saying their VINs are above 266 and has matrix lights.

I'll take it if you don't want it. It's the exact same configuration that I am waiting for and I am in SoCal too. :) It feels like it will never happen for me. My EDD is not changing and the wait is excruciating. Especially, when you see people around you getting their VINs close to or after your OD.
You've got a taker!