Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasn't 100% sure I would be picking up on time (3/27) but it did happen! Thursday (3/25) evening I received a text indicating that due to severe weather in the area (Nashville), deliveries may be delayed and I would receive a text with updated info later. Immediately called the SC to see if any additional details given my pickup was scheduled for 11:00 on 3/27 and I was flying up to Nashville the very next morning. They didn't have any additional details to offer other than in the system everything was still showing an on time delivery. Hopped on a plan at 6:00 am on 3/26 and hoped for the best. As I emerge from airplane mode upon landing in Nashville, received the text confirming my pickup time for 11:00 am on 3/27. Arrived a little early for my appointment and the car was sitting there ready to go. It was raining pretty bad but still managed to walk around and inspect. Didn't identify any issues with gaps and no leaks with all of the rain we drove through. Was a fun 600 mile drive back home!

Just got my text message! It says that my car will be built tomorrow and delivered to my home on the 31st. I guess I’m barely making it into this quarter haha!
I have yet to get my check from financing. I’m going to do it Monday.

Does anyone know how this works with home delivery? Do I just hand them a check for the remaining amount?
If not the ACH transfer, I'm sure they will pick up the check when they hand the car over to you.

Reactions: MetricExpanse
Everything went smooth! Probably took 20-25 minutes total. Car looks great. I was able to go through inside and out before accepting delivery and couldn't find any issues. I figure if I find anything later, I'll deal with it then, but if I didn't find anything when looking close then I doubt it'll bother me anyway.

Took the wife and kid with me and dropped them off to do some shopping. My son (6 years old) didn't know I was getting it, so it was a total surprise to him. He asked if it was fast, so I showed him how fast it was. He was cackling wildly and kept asking me to do it again! It was exactly the response I had hoped for.

Took some more time this morning to go over everything. A few minor misalignments here and there, but nothing worth bringing in to get fixed in my opinion. It's still better than my previous 2018 Honda Civic Si (which I never noticed how huge some of the panel gaps were in that car until I read about the potential issues on these cars). There is also a small wave in the dash, but again, not something I think is worth worrying about. Other than that, I cannot find anything wrong. After all of the issues some have found and the fears of buying a problem car, I'm super relieved that this car is in such great shape. I just keep finding reasons to go in the garage to take more pictures and stare at it!

A few random notes/opinions for those still interested:

-Coming from a 2018 Honda Civic Si, I took some random measurements across the car. The Civic and Model 3 are very nearly similar is dimensions. So far everything I've measured is within 2" difference.
-The Model 3 is significantly quieter than the Civic Si. After reading about road noise and the Model 3 being loud, you just gotta remember it's all relative.
-The purchase process is definitely frustrating. Communication is a bit lacking. I got the automated confirmation about 30ish hours before my appointment. Final paperwork about 24 hours out. Then nothing until I was en route to the service center, about 30 minutes away when the confirmations came through and everything switched. I assumed no news was good news, but for some reason still felt like another day-of confirmation would have been appreciated.
-Home charging is awesome (even 110v, which is what I'm using currently)!
-I did get the new headlights and heated steering wheel. Wasn't expecting it when I ordered, but thrilled that I did (especially the steering wheel. Ohio can get quite cold sometimes).

Gratuitous additional pictures because these cars look great and I dont see people posting enough!

Attachments

• 20210327_200307.jpg
    20210327_200307.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210328_111222.jpg
    20210328_111222.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210327_205434.jpg
    20210327_205434.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20210327_181116_384.jpg
    IMG_20210327_181116_384.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 50
So picked up a few hours ago and nothing major found. The only thing that I noticed was the two doors on the right take a bit more force to close. Is that something that will get better or should I submit a request? Also a back seatbelt is difficult to insert. I think I’m going to see if they can fix the doors at least.
I felt the same that all my 4 doors need little more force. I did take it in to service. They told me it’s all normal and it takes little more force to close them.

Reactions: goldenstate01
So picked up a few hours ago and nothing major found. The only thing that I noticed was the two doors on the right take a bit more force to close. Is that something that will get better or should I submit a request? Also a back seatbelt is difficult to insert. I think I’m going to see if they can fix the doors at least.
My doors also need a little bit of force to close. Not slamming, but not a gentle push. I don’t think it’s worth worrying about.

Reactions: TBrownTX
quick update here: tesla home delivery dropped it off about 10am. Guy was very nice and helpful, wanted to show me a bunch of different stuff (little did he know I've only had 2 months to consume everything there is to read about it). Its overcast with on and off light rain so its hard to give it a complete once over, however I have found zero issues with the interior, and the 1 defect I've found on the exterior is probably a 2cm long millimeter wide scratch in the black trim surrounding the rear passenger window. Nothing I even remotely care about. Feeling very fortunate as I've seen many folks getting cars with more issues than this.

Reactions: Ignatius2021
I’ve had mine for about a week now. The door closing seems to have gotten a little better compare to when I first picked it up. Still require a little more force than I’m used to, but seems like it has improved a bit. Maybe I’m just used to it by now.

Picked up my car yesterday, so glad the wait is over! There's a gap (rear bumper to quarter panel alignment) and trim (rear passenger rubber molding) issue that will need to be addressed so I've filed a mobile service request for this week to see what they can do🤞

Congrats on everyone picking up their Model 3s this quarter. It's been great waiting with you all! 🍻

IMG_0709.jpeg
IMG_0726.jpeg

Reactions: Ignatius2021
My white on white was delivered to my house yesterday. Upon taking delivery of the vehicle I did notice some issues with the front driver door needs to be closed with more force than the others including misalignment, rear right bumper misaligned, trunk misaligned, headliner has dark/black spots, white interior seats were dirty, rear armrest/cupholder is also dirty. Upon driving the vehicle at night I noticed that there's a huge scratch on the front windshield (not very visible during the day), moved the car into the garage with bright lights to look for additional dents and chips around the car with no surprises they were a couple of them. Sent photos to the service center via the Tesla App with no responses yet.

For the people that recently got their vehicles, are you guys able to turn on the heated steering wheel via the Tesla App?