Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I ordered my MSM on black M3, aero, no FSD on 3/18/22. As most everyone else, I had a number of date changes over the past several weeks. About a month ago, I called the local store as my
delivery window kept closing in on a vacation we had planned and I wanted to try and get ahead of the game when it came to the delivery date (June 23-July 7). After some time on the phone with the local customer experience manager, I made my way on a “short list” of customers who were willing to take delivery earlier for a car that was not the exact specs of what was ordered. Fast forward another 3-4 weeks and I followed up with a phone call to check in on the status of my order and if there was any potential for acceptance of previously rejected cars, etc but was not able to speak with anyone at that time. I received a call back from the same manager I spoke with about a month earlier, within 12 hours of my phone call. We rehashed the same details from a month earlier with no headway made at that time.

Fast forward about 5 days, I received a phone call from the local branch that there was a car available, but not quite what we ordered. It was a LR white on white with the 19” sport wheels. After talking with my wife, we decided to go up the next day (today, 6/12/22) to look at the car (vin # 232XXX). Everything was perfect on it from a body panel/fitment perspective. It came with the matrix lights, double pane windows, and the amd ryzen chipset. After some discussion, we ended up accepting delivery of this M3 and let our reservation go. Most everything was smooth with the exception of the car was missing key cards. The customer service agent helping us out quickly swooped up a new set of key cards and sent the car to service to be reprogrammed. It was at this point that things went a little awry. Apparently, the diagnostic port on the car was damaged in production or at the facility, and required some sort of repair/replacement before new keys could be programmed. After more than an hour, it was discovered that the key cards weren’t actually lost, but just mislabeled, however, the damage was already done. It took them quite awhile to repair the vehicle diagnostic port and ensure the cards were paired before we could officially take delivery of the vehicle. Not the experience we were hoping for, but at least we got our car a few weeks early.

No idea why the car was rejected initially, or why it took so long for it to be offered up to the next customer in line.

Overall, our delivery experience wasn’t the best, but we love the car so far
I think your story answers why it was rejected. Nobody wants to pay that kind of money only to have some sort of issues on the first day. Good that you were patient and have all the proper bells and whistles. That’s quite the shift, MSM on Black to White on White, Aero to 19” sport. Did the SA really say “Not quite what you ordered”? LOL, it was the complete opposite of what you ordered 😜. Gotta love Tesla! 👍

• Funny
Reactions: Maric and ZZ118
Looks like you, myself and @SailDrive of the SEA crew are seeing EDD push up to/crossing the end of the month. Curious about @Guy Maughan / @Pryze / @QueenSundodger ? I think I've followed all the folks with similar ODs.
Well, I would've been June 8, but they just opened a brand new Tesla facility like 50 miles from the old one, and rerouted me there for the grand opening. So, cool I get to be the first one (I actually won't be, because I'm out of town on the first available date), but lame that I couldn't get the car a week earlier....

Just like the rest of the Seattle Crew (@E90alex / @QueenSundodger / @CEEV / @SailDrive / @Pryze) I got the 3 week push back today and I wanna cry 😭 I’m not cut out for this kinda stuff. New EDD July 4th - August 1st. Was really hoping to have this car before the end of the month as I have trips coming up and I would rather not pay for gas on these trips.
I didn't get pushed back to Q3. I should've been June 8 delivery (VIN = 271xxx), but they pushed me out because I was going to take delivery in Renton, then they switched me to the brand new Fife location (cool but also lame). June 15 DD (this Wednesday...trying to focus on other things to pass the time...)

I didn't get pushed back to Q3. I should've been June 8 delivery (VIN = 271xxx), but they pushed me out because I was going to take delivery in Renton, then they switched me to the brand new Fife location (cool but also lame). June 15 DD (this Wednesday...trying to focus on other things to pass the time...)
Ahhh nice! I drove by today and there are quite a few at Fife ready for delivery. A couple red model 3s but only one with the black interior and sport wheels. Excited for you!! Hope all goes smoothly for pickup!

I don’t want to burst anybody’s bubble but check out this thread of mine, especially the last two pages.

So incredibly frustrated.

Everything was perfect until it wasn’t. :-/
Sorry that happened to you, I’m concerned it’ll happen soon into ownership myself.

Reactions: phishphan
Delivery moved up to June14th
Asked about a nema 14-50 adapter
None available at the Ft Lauderdale location…
Tesla texted today stating that it’s been more than 30 days since they pulled my bureau for the lease and I’ll need to reapply delaying my delivery until Friday the 17th which is where it was. Terms and pricing are the same and i was able to set up recurring monthly payments and complete all pre delivery requirements except for Doc review.

I think your story answers why it was rejected. Nobody wants to pay that kind of money only to have some sort of issues on the first day. Good that you were patient and have all the proper bells and whistles. That’s quite the shift, MSM on Black to White on White, Aero to 19” sport. Did the SA really say “Not quite what you ordered”? LOL, it was the complete opposite of what you ordered 😜. Gotta love Tesla! 👍
In all fairness to them, we told them we were open to other color options. The different wheels weren’t exactly ideal but not the biggest issue. The thing that had me the most confused was the VIN though. It seemed like a much “older” car than what everyone else is getting.

As for the lot of the other new cars, it was a mix of global and projector headlights on the M3s that were there

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek and Hiline
Any fellow Indianapolis pickups with VIN's get their delivery text yet? My EDD is June 13-19th but still haven't been sent a text to pick a delivery time. Of course I have a work trip 15-17th... fingers' crossed I can get it tomorrow or the weekend.
Im picking up in Indy, with a VIN and an EDD of 6/22 - 6/26... Little later than you, but I haven't received anything from them yet. Last message I got looks to be an automated one telling me that the car left the factory and I should be receiving a text to schedule delivery in the 'next week'... but we'll see. I sent them a message asking to change from cash payment to 3rd party loan... haven't heard back on that yet either.

Reactions: HeatherW22
Graduation Day !!
Matrix lights, Ryzen chip, mobile charger and Continental tires 🤔.. named her EVE
Thank you to everyone that made the wait a lot of fun !!! I will be around to help others if needed..
Peace and Love
View attachment 815914
Congratulations!!
Just curious, the seam where the front and rear roof glass meet in the center, is your front roof slightly higher than the rear?

Reactions: HektikBob
Any fellow Indianapolis pickups with VIN's get their delivery text yet? My EDD is June 13-19th but still haven't been sent a text to pick a delivery time. Of course I have a work trip 15-17th... fingers' crossed I can get it tomorrow or the weekend.
I'm a Kansas City pickup (should probably be relatively the same based on geography) that had the exact same VIN date and EDD window as you. I got the delivery text yesterday so I'm betting yours is coming very soon. Based on mine though my pickup window was next Monday to Wednesday.

Last edited: