Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did it online and then went in to Sound CU cause I felt the rate they quoted online was high and it was. They didn’t take into consideration the green vehicle discount or the AutoPay discount. I believe they will give me a check to take to Tesla. You might be able to ask them to send it directly. I bank at Harborstone CU and my downpayment is coming down then and they are located across the street from each other in Bonney Lake where I work so I just planned to bank hop when I needed the checks haha
Nice nice. I won’t have time to go in until Monday so hopefully the rates don’t go up by then. Or if I get my VIN in the next couple days before DCU raises their rates I’ll just continue with DCU. Damned Federal Reserve and their bad timing! Lol

• Funny
Reactions: Guy Maughan
This is the bummer with Credit Unions. If they have a decent rate, (EDIT: I'm looking at you, BECU) they are not really falling over themselves to get people on the books. I imagine this is why DCU doesn't even bother with the concept of a rate lock? For those following along today 2.49% is the lowest you can get out of DCU, which is extremely respectable for a 65 month loan. This is what I got too.

You may have some luck @E90alex, since I seem to recall that DCU was really slow to move up from 2.24 before EV credit whenever the last rate hike was. If they lag on this round it'll certainly be in your favor... Hope it's not long now if @maxfli and @ms512 have their White VINs!
I think it was about a week after the last rate hike before DCU raised their rates so hopefully I can sneak in before then. Come on Tesla I need that VIN 😂

Reactions: CEEV
Saw this truck broke down last night on the side of I-80 (Ohio Turnpike) at the 189 Eastbound and didnt get a picture. This morning when I was headed west it was still there and I was able to grab a picture.

Granted these may not be new cars (at least the one with chrome is for sure not new) but someone is waiting on these cars somewhere.

Truck was steaming yesterday when I drove past, temperature outside was 99°F likely overheated and blew a gasket.

tmc.png

The waiting can be painful but at least you can say you're waiting for a car that has the highest satisfaction from current owners and is made by a manufacturer that is also first in the industry.

You just beat me to it. Up $2,500 to $57,990. Many other price changes as well.

Tesla (TSLA) significantly increases its electric car prices across its lineup
Their math ain’t mathin’…

Model 3 LR $54,490 to $57,990 is $3500 not $2500

And they say only LR increased but Performance went from $61,990 to $62,990.

EDIT: looks like they were referencing older LR pricing. The last prices before todays increase was $55,990 for LR and $62,990 for P. So LR increased by $2000 and P stayed the same.

Last edited:
@T-J- Are you keeping your Cabin Overheat Protection on? I'm on the central coast in california so not hot by any means compared to your area, but mine hit 118 F this afternoon so I turned it back on just incase. Getting tint on back half (full back glass) on Friday so that may help.
I have been wondering about this. I assume keeping it on will help protect your interior over the years, but how much does it drain the battery??

probably a small one, there is still high demand due to gas prices
Good point. Gas prices are still pushing people towards electrics. Existing orders won't be affected by the price increase, of course, and only those who are at the limit of their budget would walk away due to rate hikes. I don't expect delivery times to be affected for quite a while. If only Tesla was ramping up Model 3 production the way they're working on Model Y production.
I have been wondering about this. I assume keeping it on will help protect your interior over the years, but how much does it drain the battery??
I've read accounts that it can hit the battery hard. As in 8% over the course of a hot day. If you charge each night that's not a significant problem for range for most commuters, but it's a lot of battery use through the warm months. Not that these batteries seem to have a longevity problem. After 100,000 miles, they only seem to degrade about 11% - even with heavy fast charger use.

Edit: Another account claimed only 12 miles lost (~3%). It may just be a difference in ambient temperatures. Fire it up and find out how it works for your situation.

Last edited: