Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my VIN last week with an EDD of this week. Since I live in Iowa, and we still have the no-direct-sales law, I had to pay in full before it could cross the border and be delivered to the Des Moines service center. I did that right away. I reached out to the SA last Friday and asked if they had an idea of when it might be available. They said it looked like arrival would be Monday and they'd reach out shortly after to schedule the delivery. That was the last I've heard anything. I sent a message yesterday and asked if they had any update. Haven't heard back yet. I'm not someone who gets too worked up over things like this, but it would be nice for some type of communication.
I live in Des Moines as well and have been having issues with the SA at Urbandale not responding for a few days after a text and giving misinformation about the J1772 adapter. She stated she is new so I feel like she is overwhelmed over there and not quite tenured enough to handle the shop by herself. Not making excuses as I’m super frustrated with the service as well but I wanted to let you know she is slow across the board not just on your order haha.

Reactions: edub
My EDD just changed again this morning. I was set for 6/26 - 6/30, now the app is showing 6/20 - 6/26. That is bad since next week (M-F) is a no go for me. The only day that would work is Saturday. I was told by my SA to expect a text next week to setup delivery, which would fall more in line with the 6/26 - 6/30 EDD dates. Maybe this is some odd glitch. . .

I live in Des Moines as well and have been having issues with the SA at Urbandale not responding for a few days after a text and giving misinformation about the J1772 adapter. She stated she is new so I feel like she is overwhelmed over there and not quite tenured enough to handle the shop by herself. Not making excuses as I’m super frustrated with the service as well but I wanted to let you know she is slow across the board not just on your order haha.
Thank you for letting me know. My original delivery location was MN. An SA from Omaha got a hold of me awhile back and asked if I wanted to take delivery in DSM instead. As far as I know, I haven't spoken to anyone who's actually in Urbandale. I could be wrong. They could share the same number if they're using a texting platform like we have in the company I work at. Not sure.

I got my VIN last week with an EDD of this week. Since I live in Iowa, and we still have the no-direct-sales law, I had to pay in full before it could cross the border and be delivered to the Des Moines service center. I did that right away. I reached out to the SA last Friday and asked if they had an idea of when it might be available. They said it looked like arrival would be Monday and they'd reach out shortly after to schedule the delivery. That was the last I've heard anything. I sent a message yesterday and asked if they had any update. Haven't heard back yet. I'm not someone who gets too worked up over things like this, but it would be nice for some type of communication.
For what it is worth I ordered a day after you, got my VIN on 6/6 for a Kansas City pickup and the delivery windows were This coming Monday 6/19 to Wednesday 6/22. For a place that probably doesn't handle all that many deliveries they may simply be waiting for the car to arrive and be detailed before reaching out.

Reactions: edub
I Personally think they are biting off more then they can chew.
That part makes sense. It seems to boil down to whether it's worth the risk. Tesla doesn't advertise, so having one of their cars in a neighborhood is the best advertising they can execute. While the SR won't be ubiquitous in lower-income areas, even a few will make a difference. A chunk of the advertising aspect could be covered by rental companies providing Teslas, so perhaps that point would balance out to a degree. There's still that perception that a Tesla is a snobby car, and I think the SR helps to reduce that a bit. If Steve down the road has a Tesla, maybe it's not just for The One Percent.
As I understand it, the main issue with their supply chain is the availability of the battery. Since the SR uses a different battery supplier, keeping it around doesn't affect the rest of the production very much, while bringing in additional cash for Tesla to finance further expansion and purchase parts for future production.
Tesla is also production constrained. They have a limited number of production lines for the Model 3. Each SR built in place of an LR is lost money.
I love seeing people drive an EV around LA - once there is enough volume, the air will be much cleaner and easier to breathe, Maybe we can see the stars in the sky again one day ...
I hope you get clear skies out there soon. LA during the lockdown was a beautiful reminder of what could be. I wouldn't hold out for seeing much at night, however. EVs just aren't going to help with light pollution

idk... from what I have seen here, 90 days is more in line with an average wait time for a LR (if not less), ignore that trash estimate, it will balance out with a better one.
That’s what I’m hoping but I am in TN and even worse, Memphis. We aren’t really jumping into the EV world quickly around here so they probably never have a full truck coming my way. I think there are less than 20,000 EVs registered in the whole state.

That’s what I’m hoping but I am in TN and even worse, Memphis. We aren’t really jumping into the EV world quickly around here so they probably never have a full truck coming my way. I think there are less than 20,000 EVs registered in the whole state.
Try being here in AR :) I am taking delivery there in Memphis as well and my current EDD starts its window on 9/8. Wonder if we'll get our cars the same day?

Reactions: Nfletcher
I will take 20 of these please

1655483782272.png