Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jesus christ... This morning I was at 5/28 - 6/10. Now i'm at 6/15 - 6/30. (My first date was 5/17 - 5/28)
Ordered 4/1.

I have a crackpot theory that there is some 19 year-old underpaid intern in some nondescript office park in socal suburbia that has an old login/password to our servers and is messing with all of us. He's playing WoW and every so often moves around some backdoor timelines as he chuckles to himself as he silently trolls this forum watching all of us unanimously groan twice a day.

Between these absolutely absurd and worthless delivery estimates, the positively ignorant Sales Advisors, and the lack of any transparency/PR from Tesla, I feel like it's only a matter of time before the competition creates/sells something not only on par/superior to the Model 3, but also can do so with a significantly improved purchasing experience.

Literally the only reason I am putting up with all of this BS is the fact that the competing EV market still has nothing that can quite beat the M3.

Between these absolutely absurd and worthless delivery estimates, the positively ignorant Sales Advisors, and the lack of any transparency/PR from Tesla, I feel like it's only a matter of time before the competition creates/sells something not only on par/superior to the Model 3, but also can do so with a significantly improved purchasing experience.

Literally the only reason I am putting up with all of this BS is the fact that the competing EV market still has nothing that can quite beat the M3.
I agree that the delivery experience has been frustrating and painful. It is especially frustrating when the SA encouraged me to apply for financing ASAP and now it is expiring. I don’t want to credit run again so I will just pay cash… This is what happens when demand significantly outstrips supply. I think the biggest advantage of owning a Tesla is being able to take advantage of their supercharger network. Until the other Car companies can come up with something comparable, they will not be able to compete. One of my employees has a 2019 M3 that I borrowed for a few weeks and it is a very practical car to daily drive. I think the ownership experience will make up for the subpar delivery experience. Just on another note, I ordered a Ford sports car back in 2016 and waited almost a year with no communication until one day I got a phone call “come pick it up.” So, at least we have “estimated” delivery dates.

Reactions: EVxdream

I went to look at a Mach E Thursday. Sales rep knew nothing about it, and had zero interest in selling it to me. He knew nothing about potential rebates and told me they don’t make any money on them. This process sucks, but the other way isn’t necessarily good either.

Mine's gone from June 3-18 to June 18-30. Test drove today at the St. Paul (MN) location—only built on the excitement of my 13 April order. 40+ MYs filled the rear lot. Some 3s...

Fell in love with the white interior while there, which has me aching to make a change to my order (while potentially changing the exterior color, too). MSM M3LR with black interior. Don't want to delay the delivery further, though.

Anyone with experience updating an order? Grateful for any insights or confirmation that this is indeed going to set me back.

Mine's gone from June 3-18 to June 18-30. Test drove today at the St. Paul (MN) location—only built on the excitement of my 13 April order. 40+ MYs filled the rear lot. Some 3s...

Fell in love with the white interior while there, which has me aching to make a change to my order (while potentially changing the exterior color, too). MSM M3LR with black interior. Don't want to delay the delivery further, though.

Anyone with experience updating an order? Grateful for any insights or confirmation that this is indeed going to set me back.

I would recommend reaching out to someone at tesla to find out if you could do that without it triggering both an update to whatever the current pricing is, as well as a delay in delivery. I think if you do it yourself on the webpage, both of those things will happen.

Someone inside tesla "might" be able to do it without that happening, but i dont know.

On a totally different side note, is your user name "shrekku" (shrek)? Trying to see if I read it correct without using google translate or something.

Sike. Won't make no difference. Everybody wants a Tesla. And you will love the car once you get it so chill lol

You just happened to order in one of the busiest quarters they've ever had

Patience, a little more...

Reactions: EVxdream
Thanks (or ありがとうございます) for the quick response. I've reached out to someone and will see where things go. Figure if I'm paying the revised price and subject to a delay, I'll very happily stick with the MSM + black interior.

Great eye! That's absolutely my username. Will be honest and say that it's the Japanese writing of my last name (pronounced like the film but spelled like the German original).

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I would recommend reaching out to someone at tesla to find out if you could do that without it triggering both an update to whatever the current pricing is, as well as a delay in delivery. I think if you do it yourself on the webpage, both of those things will happen.

Someone inside tesla "might" be able to do it without that happening, but i dont know.

On a totally different side note, is your user name "shrekku" (shrek)? Trying to see if I read it correct without using google translate or something.
Thanks (or ありがとうございます) for the quick response. I've reached out to someone and will see where things go. Figure if I'm paying the revised price and subject to a delay, I'll very happily stick with the MSM + black interior.

Great eye! That's absolutely my username. Will be honest and say that it's the Japanese writing of my last name (pronounced like the film but spelled like the German original).
Dropping in to preserve the appropriate order—sorry for my mistake, all!